Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Second Practice this Week

Go down 
+5
edgar dernhelm
Sarabi
Knubbs
Taco
Phoxly
9 posters

What day works best for the majority?
Wednesday (9 AM to Noon)
Second Practice this Week I_vote_lcap30%Second Practice this Week I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Thursday (9 AM to Noon)
Second Practice this Week I_vote_lcap40%Second Practice this Week I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Saturday (9 AM)
Second Practice this Week I_vote_lcap20%Second Practice this Week I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Different Day
Second Practice this Week I_vote_lcap10%Second Practice this Week I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Second Practice this Week Empty
PostSubject: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:00 pm

We talked about a second practice this week aimed mostly at training and teaching tactics for fighting different styles. Its more of a learning practice and getting to spar with eachother to become better fighters. Teachings may include lessons from Surt and Taco, and (volunteering myself and Konradr for spear lessons if anyone is interested).

We just need to vote on the day.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

well i say Wednesday because anime night is the Thursday. just my though
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:07 pm

You also need to take into account the people who have jobs....

i work monday-friday 8:00am-5:00pm; mon-wed i also have class from 6:00pm-10:00pm

as you can see... saturday is great for me... and if we wanted to do another day... we should consider sunday....
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:15 pm

if we do decide this can we kind something a little closer or somewhat in the mid cause gas is really hard for me and taco right now
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

well ok think i made a mistake befor im off mon thur and sat but i dont work until 5pm on tues and fribut i could only do those days if were close spring mountain and rainbow..... Sad actualy if there are any parks on spring mountain closer to taco and kittyi could do that also in theory Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Saturday's eat up my gas too. No one is talking about changing the main realm practice day, and we are not even talking about a 'realm' second practice per se. We are just talking about getting as many together as can mid week (as we have been doing since last march when I first joined) for some practice. Basic weapons, your preferred kit, some experienced guys to give pointers, etc.

Mid week is best. Sunday is so close to practice you might burn yourself out. As for me, Sunday is for family. Ie church and dinner.

I like the idea of a different location so someone else burns the gas. If we can't all make one location, then look at these two posts we got going on. See who all is interested and try to get something together in a location close to you for those who can make it at that location and a time. We could have a wednesday morning group at one location (east side for us east enders) and a location near desert breeze for you west enders. Two practices. Wednesday mornings and thursday mornings 9am to noon, whoever shows up. It takes only two to practice, or one with a stick and a tree and no police. Very Happy

Just do it. Some people can go to both, some may not, or may not now, but things may improve for all of us in the future so we should start something now, get it in place and keep it going.

What park were you talking about Taco? I see three listed on my map near you. "Shadow Rock Park", "MLK park" (off carey and nellis) and "sunrise park" a little further up carey from MLK. What about "hollywood park and recreation center" on Hollywood between Charleston and Sahara. There is also Winchester community center on Desert Inn and Mclead (just shy of pecos) and Jaycee park on St. Louis and Sahara (one block down Eastern). Pick a park and let's get this party started.

So Wednesday from 9:30am to noonish, at a park in the east (to be chosen yet)

Thursday I leave up to you guys, I would say 9:30am to noonish at Spring valley park.Evening practices may have to wait for warmer weather. The Royal Army practice is in hibernation but is usually Tuesday evenings.

Phoxly, Templar, Demie, if you are able to make this East end practice, can you provide transport for any other Westenders?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 pm

shadow rock park is the one near my house. That's the one i like to practice at. so if we did it there i would be all for it! Akeria agrees with this also.
me and akeria will be at the park at 9:00am for thous who want to come out. And akeria wants to fight
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Sorry guy's can't make practice this week :/ My car is in the shop till Friday.

Demie just started school too so I know she doesn't get out till 12:30 or 2:10. Don't know what days she has off though.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

My biggest problem is that I don't wake up early enough to make a 9am practice....
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 am

^ Kind of my problem too. My dad likes poker tournaments and I keep askin him if he sees one around "9 AM" and he's like "Ehhhhh" but maybe I can go practice with you guys and be done by noon or so to go back to my house. He hasn't gave any input on me taking his truck. =/
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:17 am

Shadow Rock wouldn't work for me, its 40 minutes away from my house, and the opposite direction my dad would be wanting to go. =( I hate not having my own vehicle down here lol.

I am tryin to talk him into going to a tournament at 10 AM tomorrow so maybe that is an option to just drop me off or somethin.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 am

Maybe you guys can try and set something up in the late afternoon like after 12 or 2pm or something. You should add late afternoons to the poll to to see if more people would be interested. I can only make mornings but maybe more people can make a midweek if there is a late afternoon start.

Trouble with early Saturdays is we tried that and most people struggled with getting up and going that early. I can't, its hard to get a babysitter here early and get the gear loaded and get motivated that early. I don't want to bring my youngest kids because I'd have to constantly keep an eye on them and they take up seats that I could use to bring more fighters with.

That said, it doesn't mean you can't get others to go early and spar before the rest of us show up. Especially if you can't stay the whole time the rest of us plan to, which is usually til 4pm and sometimes has been later.

I'll definately try and make it as early as I can so I can do some one on one with you phoxly, but I'm not promising anything. I'll get your cell number and then I can text you if I'm actually leaving early and planning on getting there early.

As far as Tomorrow. Taco said Smithy is coming and he lives in Summerlin. Mayhap you could ask him for a lift and then there will be at least 5 of us for this first midweek. Then maybe next week we can work in some more peeps since Demie will be free. It would be great if Surt could come to but I know he has a transportation affliction too. It would be great if Strider could come and maybe grab his majesty on the way, but I know how hard it is for you young guys to stay up all night and then get up in the morning. Hell, its hard for me too, but I have to get kids to school by 9am so I will be up, just won't get to that park til around 9:30 or so.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Stefanopolis

Stefanopolis

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 am

i can make both, those are my days off Smile just text me info! 884 3669
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/stefipooface
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Practice this Week   Second Practice this Week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Practice this Week
Page 1 of 1