Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick) Empty
PostSubject: Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick)   Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 am

To you Smithy...We love you.

What are you thankful for Barad'Dun?

I'm thankful for all of you being there for me when things have been rough with my other family. I'm thankful for Smithy and his serving in our countries armed forces. He's been in the service for thirteen years. He came home two months ago from Kuwait and before he has even had a chance to get his life back together he is going back out to Haiti with his brothers-in-arms to do his duty once more. I'm sure he's not entirely satisfied with it after only being home for such a short time, but he's dedicated to what he does and in a way he's looking forward to the trip.

I am also thankful for his warm welcome during my first day to Barad'Dun where he shadowed me and first began to teach me how to be a fighter of Barad'Dun. His teachings and camaraderie on the field was a big part of why I came back. It was why I was saddened to see him leaving so soon afterward.

Wish him luck, Barad'Dun and send your prayers for his safe return.

We'll miss you. Be safe.

p.s. Thank you for being eye candy since I first began with Barad'Dun, Smithy. Wink

- A
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick)   Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 am

I'm going to ramble a little since I'm feeling sentimental after thinking on all of my family that has been in the armed forces, friends I've lost and those who are still there and now leaving like Smithy is...

I'm thankful for all of you guys. There's a strong sense of camaraderie in Barad'Dun. No it's not like the armed forces. It's not. We are out there to have fun and we aren't drawing blood. But y'all are a family all it's own and make those who join feel a notion of love.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. My prayers are with all of you and I expect any of you who do anything in your every day lives and careers to be back to practice whole and healthy.

Love y'all.

-wanders off for a spell-

*wanders back and edits*

...I'm glad you're all so welcoming and thank you for all of your teachings in my time with Barad'Dun. It means a lot and I intend to start making it out to practice more often. We'll see where my career options and contemplations take me over the week to come.
Back to top Go down

Deployment of A Brother-In-Arms (Smithy/Patrick)
Page 1 of 1