Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Fools raid 2010

Go down 
+14
drakil
Scrios
Smithy
Alacian
Morlock
Isk
Rhajhiin
Surt
Strider
caretaker
konradr
Knubbs
sasquatch
Taco
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Knubbs

Knubbs

Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 am

I say we do it @ DB.... we just need to get there early and hold the spots we need. I say we grab both of the gazebos and use whole area.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:22 am

The main problems I see with desert breeze is if sports are going on there will be a ton of spectators which means no parking and people walking around everywhere. We do have space on our field, but people are dumb and will just wander through regardless of what anyone says because it is a public park.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:31 am

Each park would probably have those same issues. It's easter weekend, alot of sports, alot of BBQing families.

If they get hurt, its their fault for walking into the middle of somethin'. They wouldn't walk into the middle of a football/soccer/lacrosse game and not expect to get yelled at or run over or something like that. Toss them a Sword and tell them if they are going to walk through our field, they had better be prepared to defend themselves.

Parking will be the issue. Those who arrive early enough will have prime parking. We may need a cart for those who arrive late and must park in the overflow parking.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sword at UCI

Sword at UCI

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Greetings from the realm of Anduril. We are excited about attending your event. Can I get some info?

Where:
When:
Weapons Check Start:
Parking Info:
Fees?:
Feasts?:

Any other info you think we should know?

Thank you!!
-Anastasisa of Chamonix
Marshal and Founder of Anduril
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:35 am

Welcome to our Forum Anastasia. We were just discussing today, which realms are coming to Fool's raid. It is more an Inter-realm practice they hold every year, than an official event. We are going to test a new park next week, and if it works out, I have been tasked to email all realms with the info in question. So give us one more week to hash it out and I promise, I will email you in person, if you give me your email address, or PM you on the Bel boards.

Just curious, how many of your realm are interested in coming up, and is it a day trip (Saturday only) or are you planning to stay the two days? Aggelgorod are talking about getting rooms at the excaliber and walking around in garb. (Better researve early if thats the case)

We used to have a KOA here, but I'm not sure if we do anymore. Plenty of cheap motels around town though. There's even a youth hostel downtown, but its not in the best area from what I've read.

Any questions post here, or PM me, or email me direct at kjbowker@msn.com. Come Friday, April 2nd we'll make sure you have directions and a contact phone number to guide you on your way.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:22 am

To add a little more info:

We are trying out a new park this weekend to find one that has more room. Our usual park is small and in april will be congested with soccer or baseball or lacrosse leagues. Parking will be atrocious.

Our practices start at 12 pm and most people start arriving around 11am. If we are going to change these times we will let you know. We will do weapon's check probably 11am to 12pm or as you come in.

There's no fee's, there's no feast, this is an inter-realm practice. That being said, it will be hot and we intend to provide ice buckets with lot's of water. We are also kicking around the idea of a Potluck which we will share with all.

Personally, I don't eat when I'm fighting our normal practices, only during Althing which is more a social gathering we have the last Sunday of each month. We potluck, play games, BS and of course have a little fighting.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:19 pm

We could do the potluck AFTER the fighting if anyone wanted to.

Once you have established a park to be at, I'll make sure to be there at nine to hold the gazebo's with whomever/Sasquatch if it's at that park and to welcome anyone who wants to show up early.
Back to top Go down
Rhajhiin

Rhajhiin

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:57 pm

For those of you that wander onto this board looking for more info, My group is going to be camping out in my parent's backyard. There's room for maybe 4 or 5 more. If you need cheap lodging, this would be it. Contact me if you need more info or would like to join.
Back to top Go down
http://desertwindgroup.webs.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 am

If I didn't have dogs in my yard I would offer the Same Rhajhiin. Thx for the offer.

Fool's raid Realm battles. We will be holding the field against all. What say you, Surt to this idea i just hatched in my brain, that Barad'Dun captures one of the Dragons that live in our Western mountains and put it in the center of our line for the fight??? Spies have informed me that the Dragon cult has a potion that can subdue a Dragon and make it do your bidding for a day,or two, before it turns on you. What say we steal the potion and feed it to a goat and tie the poor beast to a post outside the Dragon's lair?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 12:07 am

Sword at UCI wrote:

Where:
When:
Weapons Check Start:
Parking Info:
Fees?:
Feasts?:
Hi Anna!

While I'm not part of this group, this is what I have gleaned thus far:
Where: TBA
When: Sat, April 3
Weapons Check Start: 10 am or noon
Parking Info: Can't be worse than fools' raid 3 in north LA (BTW, do you know where the G4 footage went to?)
Fees?: None
Feasts?: TBA

Tulga was talking about some night life after fighting.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 1:40 am

Morlock wrote:
Sword at UCI wrote:

Where:
When:
Weapons Check Start:
Parking Info:
Fees?:
Feasts?:
Hi Anna!

While I'm not part of this group, this is what I have gleaned thus far:
When: Sat, April 3
Weapons Check Start: 10 am or noon
Parking Info: Can't be worse than fools' raid 3 in north LA (BTW, do you know where the G4 footage went to?)
Feasts?: TBA

Tulga was talking about some night life after fighting.

When: Sat, April 3 and Sunday, April 4th
Weapons Check Start: Weapon checkers should be there as early as 10:00.
Feasts: We arent planning on having one. If food is brought it will be @ the discretion of the other players.

If you need specific info, just PM me. Smile

-Knubbs
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 pm

The final version of Easter plans have just come down the pipe and to my disappointment I will not be making it at all. It turns out that there will be a family gathering that I really want my kids to be a part of (and I want to be there with them for this) so I will be taking them to Provo Friday night.

I am really bummed to miss this as I have been looking forward to it since August or so and was very excited both to hang with my friends in Vegas and meet all the cool people I've heard about and chatted with from California and Arizona. I know several of our fighters are definitely planning to come down and I will still do everything I can to help coordinate rides, etc. Kill a few of those raiders in memory of me.

Wherever Fool's Raid goes next year, let's not schedule over Easter, 'kay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Aww, Isk.

I was looking forward to seeing you again. Especially since I got my troll cave mouth guards and could legitimately jump on you and not be in fear of losing any teeth.

Well I hope your plans go well, mate. We'll catch you again another time.

Do enjoy Easter with the kids.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah, I was really looking forward to seeing you again, too. Put that mouthguard to good use on somebody else this time Wink I'm sure we'll bring our guys over to visit a few times this year and hopefully we can get a few of you to come up to Yestare with us in May.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:48 am

But the mouthguard you have is creepy :P
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:21 am

Isk -

Ha ha. I'll do that. I really can't wait to have y'all down again. When is Yestare and where is it by the by?

Regardless, I hope you have a good time with the kids and wifey.

Scrios -

You only say that because you live with me and had to hear our mothers rather inappropriate jokes. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:58 am

lol no im serious it's creepy as hell that's why I did'nt want to look at you when mom said "look look" xD
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm

HERALDING I believe this is the marshall's field, but I think we will need 4 volunteer heralds. 2 on the field while the other two fight, then flip. That way we can all fight.

Do we have volunteers or is the Marshall working on that?

Do we have enough yellow tabards or do we have to do a quickie with yellow cloth???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Alacian wrote:
Isk -

Ha ha. I'll do that. I really can't wait to have y'all down again. When is Yestare and where is it by the by?

Regardless, I hope you have a good time with the kids and wifey.

Scrios -

You only say that because you live with me and had to hear our mothers rather inappropriate jokes. Razz

Somehow I missed your question Alacian. Yestare is May 14-16, but mostly the 15th, in Ogden. It should be awesome! Hopefully a bunch of you will want to come and we'll be happy to collaborate on car pooling.
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

quick question, are you going to be enforcing the new Jav rule?
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Yes, my guys will need to know this as well. It really doesn't come into effect until Rag this year, anyway. wink-wink
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm sure the Marshall knows what you are talking about, and maybe even Surt since he attends Rag, but me, the poor old shepherd who has such a short attention span he can't read anything without falling asleep wonders, What new Jav rule?????

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Quote :
4.5.2.8 - Javelins may not easily pass (<0.5") through a 3.5" diameter hole. The softer padded face of the javelin must be at least 3.5" wide in all directions. The stiffer structural base foam must be at least 3" in diameter where it meets the open cell face foam.

On a side note...
Even the ground trembles with the approach of the raid
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:16 pm

I think Smithy knew of this.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:29 am

I'm not enforcing it heavily as I'm currently unaware of the previous dimensions or rulings. The Manual of Arms that I have confirms your quote so I'm using it as a basis. If the Jav is 3" in diameter or greater then I don't see an issue. I'm more concerned with the safety of the weapons (being able to feel core or loose cores in the weapons) than the .5 inches they may or may not be out of regs especially if the new ruling is not in effect yet. I'll be doing it case by case with those points in mind basically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fools raid 2010   Fools raid 2010 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fools raid 2010
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next