Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

who is going to samhain

Go down 
+15
Tiberius Claudius
xVHeretic
Taco
Forkbeard
Lewin Arthelion
Knubbs
Surt
Phoxly
Alacian
Hxctemplar
Demie Zephyra
konradr
nightmare92
Smithy
Sarabi
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

who is going to samhain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:35 pm

If Strider is going, it's been agreed that I'm his copilot.

And don't forget Becca, Claire, Kjirstan, and Caretaker as well.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Done! Going to make it, its own thread.

Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 pm

me and taco wanna take the open trailer to pull stuff as well.. for people like me who is spending all my money on gas and food for people if anyone can pull a open trailer maybe i will even ask smithy but i'm not paying for items that i need.. like i said before i rather you guys over pack a little than be without.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

I believe smithy is only trying to cover gas expenditures hauling gear by charging $5.

It only makes sense. Moneys tight and he has a truck. Bazinga.

Smile

Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 pm

well if that's the case i will help pay for gas!
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 pm

Thats why I'm paying the $5 cargo charges. Hes using his truck to help out and hes getting gas money.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:33 am

strider is going, me and rilith are riding with him also and im pretty sure demi is riding with us to
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:12 am

Okie. have Strider do a checkup on his car to make sure it can make it. Older cars and long drives... bad combination.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:25 am

Any new people who are planning to go with the Realm to Samhain. You must have garb. Borrow, beg, steal or make your own, but get some. You must be 16 or older. If 16, or 17, you must get a minor waiver and have it signed and notarized by a parent. If you're parents need to talk to someone, ask Surt, Kilanos or Smithy to give them a call, or your unit leader, if you have one. We will be responsible for you and will be watchin' what you are up to.

Also, the cost for the event is $15.00 which you must pay at "Troll" when you arrive and sign in and give them your waiver's. Cash people, no plastic or checks. So add that in to your costs, (after gas, food, drink, etc)

I'm assuming most of us will be leaving Oh dark thirty on Friday morning. It is an 8 hour drive and we want to arrive in time to check in, eat, snooze then fight. That mean's you school kids will miss school on Friday. I've okayed that for Romeo because, hey, I'm his dad. But you other school kids have to get permission from your parents for that, and as I said, the officers or your unit leaders will be more than happy to put in a word with your parents to convince them that the realm would collapse into total defeat without your participation at the crucial moment of battle. cheers Failing that, someone will have to leave late on Friday and arrive early enough to set up camp but too late for fighting on Friday (That was what I had to do during Yestare, but I'm clear to leave early for Samhain. Well, one more hurdle to take care of before I can say that 100% because I have two elementary kids that I take to school every morning. I haven't worked that one out yet with the misses)

Enough rambli' from the Old Sea Dog. I'm glad alot of you old hands are coming and some of you newbies too. It will be a blast.

I just wish some of my War Wolves were coming. I'll be a leader without a pack to lead. An alpha dog without Bravo or Charlie or.... Well, you get the picture.

Hey, bring your camera's, good pics of fighting are always welcome on the boards. Especially you Camp followers.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 am

That was the intent all along and and I apologize for not making that part clear. I have no problem hauling for the realm. But. Hauling means weight and that in turn means more fuel consumption. And I had every intention of being taken advantage of. If someone showed up with a duffel bag or some similar sized object that weighed like 40 lbs, then $5. Show up with a duct taped blanket that has 3 tents in it, then $5. I may be old but I'm not that miserly.

BTW I can take that trailer but the wiring harness will need a look see. And unfortunately it is way larger than a duffel bag so gimme a call ok? Actually I'll stop by this weekend and we can talk about it then.

Smithy Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:26 am

yeah i clearly understand more but last time we also filled you're truck and still had things left over also why i wanna try and get the trailer of course i will do what i can to help you pulling it! but it all depends on how we do at the yard sale. so far korinox is the only one who has givin me stuff for the yard sale so hopefully we do well!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:19 pm

I hope someone is up, because I'm going to stop by the storage after dropping the kids off and then after filling the jeep, I will need to drop it off, because I won't have time later. (Work)

BTW guys, yes, forkbeard is serious about garb, but really, if you have only one set, remember to wear it and take care of it. In your tents, wear whatever you want, just throw on a tabard when you go to the bathroom. Especially you Scottish guys that sleep in the buff even in cold weather!!!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm

YES KITTY IS UP AND ABOUT!!!
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 am

With whatever day we make a weapons build day (we probably have one and I forgot) I can show some of the garbless how to do basic clothing with just a sheet or two. Sort of Romanesque style that you can modify as needed for warmth.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:41 am

thank you konradr for adding stuff to the yard sale!!! we'll let you know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 7:45 am

yeah that would be amazing smitty!! great ideas if anyone would like help with garb as well josh has loads of fabric talk to him see about making some cheap garb pants i have a new design that i wanna try out anyway anyone wanna be my dummy?!
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 pm

i'm still going and i'am whiling to cook for all the poepl who want me to
Back to top Go down
Forkbeard

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Konradr, good speech. I like your style.
Everyone remember it'll be cold. Bring gloves and long underwear. And cloaks. Winter coats are ugly. We won't hate people for wearin 'em in a pinch. We don't want people to die or anything. But claoks are better and warmer anyway.
With all this talk about cold, it's probly be hotter than hell.
FB
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 am

i unpacked all my hoodies and sweaters that you guys can wear under your garb if you like!... i know how to dress listen to forkbeard it's important i will not be ok with anyone catching pneumonia while you guys are up there! got it!
Back to top Go down
xVHeretic

xVHeretic

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:35 am

hey anyone have an extra tent i can use at the event
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:16 pm

i still will ask my family if i can barrow one of their tents hun!
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 am

Any available room in a vehicle?

Our realm is having a very weak showing and carpool options are near non-existent, so I'd rather not foot the $160 round trip gas bill by myself.

Since you fine folks are coming up I-15, if possible, I'd really appreciate stopping in St. George to pick me up.

My gear will be 2 shields, 2 swords, 2 javies, 2 daggers, sleeping bag, and small backpack.

As a matter of "Duh", I'm able to pay cash for my share of gas and will even throw in a 6-pack of vehicle owner's choice drink to sweeten the deal.

Please either post here, post at ATD, email me at matthew DOT sevald AT sgcity DOT org, or call me at 210-687-0961

Thanks much for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:43 am

O.K. it looks as if I may be here for Samhain. I need to get some ducks in a row first. I need to have crash space in someones tent as well as use of an air mattress. With possible blanket and or sleeping bag. Understand that I have 0 dollars for said service and 0 equipment to go camping. I believe Smithy is loaning me the use of a cloak, so I'm good there. Can anyone from the realm step up and help me out?

K-
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:51 am

Well shit, K'urn. I gave away all of my air mattresses and gave my only sleeping bag to my brother.
=( And the tent we got him is to small to fit the both of ya.

If I wasn't leaving the day after tomorrow I'd see about pitching in monetarily. But I can't afford it. Barely sliding by on helping my brother out. Wish I could help you. I'm sure that someone in our realm will be able to.

I hope you're able to make it. You'll love it.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 2:52 am

I have a 6 person tent, with only me and romeo in it, which counts as 3 people. I haven't heard from Oddvar if he needs tent space too, but we can all cram in it for warmth. Just a bunch of Vikings and a hobbit.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is going to samhain   who is going to samhain - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who is going to samhain
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next