Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 8:44 pm

We should come up with some commander games like how we used to play capture the flag and the captain actually gave orders to the people. Specific captains I'd like to see are Surt (cause he's the king), Taco (unit leader), Konradr (unit leader), Kilanos (Shepherd), and Smithy (cause he's got that crazy look in his eye).

At Samhain if our realm wants to survive on the field we need to all be able to organize attacks and combat flow, and those who are in position to; deliver them aswell. Maybe over the next 2-3 practices we can work on that?

As soon as the battle should start, no one should be doing anything until they have recieved a command from a captain.

Acceptable commands:

"You 3, group up, push left."
"Archer cover them."
"Rest of us form a wall to the right."

Try to be precise, calm and to the point, you don't have to be loud, or strict like some drill Sgt. to get your point across to the team.

I know we dont' exactly have large teams at the moment, but we could definitely get some practice in.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Korinox

Korinox

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm

I vote Phoxly for battle stratagist his idea of this training exercise would do wounderesly with preperation for any outside or normal event (other then free for all or games like zombie) it would be away for every unit,team,skurmish groupe to gain both trust and disaplin within both ranks and battle skills
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:23 pm

It's an archer's instinct to always watch the field and be aware of their surroundings. Very Happy We should definitely try to incorporate a captain/commander aspect over the next few weeks as a way of preparing not just the fighters but our leaders for what to expect at Samhain.
Back to top Go down
Lewin Arthelion

Lewin Arthelion

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Logical and effective.
Like a Drill Sarge is negative
Yelling commands on the other hand strikes fear into the enemy, and adrenaline into all allies Wink
My thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

^And getting everyone pumped for a fight, like those Ki Club kids last week. They were crazy, but they followed instructions very well.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 11:34 pm

Surt is good at leading a battle. For those of you there remember Fools Raid, W.O.R., and Yestare. We have been a force to reckon with since our first event.

We should train as a Realm these next few practice to get down the strategies we know and try a few we dont.

Be ye not afraid of battle for the Tribunal lead by strong wills and smart decisions, and may the skies bless our Adunakhor with mental clarity and the vision of a hawk.

We will stand proud and strong and they will break upon our shields as if they were the walls of the city itself. May they be spit upon our spears in triumph. May our arms never falter and forever find there mark. For we are warriors of Barad'Dun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)   Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Samhain (Commander Games)
Page 1 of 1