Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Board games and miniatures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Board games and miniatures Empty
PostSubject: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:35 am

Hey nice talking to you russ about board games and miniatures. Ya ever want to game let me know. I'll go through and list when I have time, the games I have, the miniature rules,etc. I have a easy set of WWII tank rules I made up that I used to play with my wife and kids. Needs some tinkering but we always had fun. This was quite a few years back when they were less teenagerish.

I've got, off the top of my head, WWII 1/35th figures I used to use for skirmish gaming, 1-1 figure ratio. With my own rules but I have one or two rulesets lying around. I also have 1/72nd scale tanks and a new line of 1/144 scale tanks (from walmart of all places) plus terrain for the tank battles. Somewhere I have early war German and Russian tank and infantry in 1/285 scale.

I have lots of ancient metal miniatures in 15mm scale. Me and my high school buddy would wargame all the time. Ancients (Romans vs Carthaginians) plus we did some American civil war and we had started buying miniatures for Napoleanics. These are either undone or dilapidated now. I also started rebasing my Romans and Carthaginians for DBA. Its a tournament game set where only a few figures equal and army so that people of any means can buy and play any army in ancient or Medieval times.

DBA I never played but they are simple rules but supposively is like chess in complexity.

I have a small number of medieval figures for when I played 'melee' with my buddy. That is game sort of like D & D.

I thought whenever our group had a feast, I would bring some of my boardgames. I have heroquest. Also I have 'lionheart' which is a great medieval boardgame. Sort of like advanced chess. My game got destroyed by my littlest warrior (Kurt-erik who loves all my toys but is too rough with them) So I ordered a mint condition one on EBay for $17.00 Couldn't believe the deal. But I hide it. It would be a great game to play. I think you'd enjoy it. Has infantry, knights, heavy infantry, peasants, mercenaries and archers.

Well, its dinner time. Got to go. The wife is pissed at me cause I let the little two get wet (which meand muddy since we don't have any grass in the backyard). So there's muddy prints here and there and sand in the bathtub. I'm in the doghouse. See ya.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aloisicius

Aloisicius

PostSubject: Re: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

I have alot of dnd 3.5 and if guys are intrested I have a fun card game called munchkin so those are ideas to toss in
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:18 pm

I never played 'munchkin' but I believe Kilanos, Mordock and Oddvar also have the game or variations of it and were talking about it last Saturday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aloisicius

Aloisicius

PostSubject: Re: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Mordock has my munchkin but its a really funny game, full of puns, super easy to pick up and start playing
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:00 am

Cool, I would be interested in playing but right now I work super early and you work evenings. If you have some time on a weekend I wloud like to try some new mini games. I have a lot of DnD minis, Starwars minis and starwars starship minis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Board games and miniatures   Board games and miniatures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Board games and miniatures
Page 1 of 1