Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

New games?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
caretaker

caretaker

New games? Empty
PostSubject: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm

We used to play king battles. Where it would be a re-spawn battle where the re-spawn would stop after the king of the group was killed. Usually the king would be the team leader.

we also used to play a kill the killer game. Where if you killed someone, that person killed would be rezzed when someone else killed you. So for the game to be over you have to kill off everyone else.

I'll try to remember some more games to play if you guys want to play new things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Last two weeks we played Kill the King. We just got new leather headband "crowns" courtesy of Taco the Troll, leathersmith, wandering minstril and all around lovable dude.

Last week we put a twist on it. We made one King "Achilles" and the other was "Hector" Hector had a spell on him from Aphrodite that made him the mirror of Achilles. Both were immune except for blows to the left leg (The whole left leg below the hip for those who misunderstood). Respond was instant, if the king were still alive, and you reached a cone that represented either the Gates of Troy or the Ships of the Greeks.

The week before we gave the King's the Healing touch, so the king had to touch you to rez.

We have a 20 page lists of games gleaned from the Belegarth and the Dagorhir forums. There's always room for more. I intend to create a "Barad'Dun Book of Games." when I can.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
caretaker

caretaker

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 5:24 pm

konradr wrote:
Last two weeks we played Kill the King. We just got new leather headband "crowns" courtesy of Taco the Troll, leathersmith, wandering minstril and all around lovable dude.

Last week we put a twist on it. We made one King "Achilles" and the other was "Hector" Hector had a spell on him from Aphrodite that made him the mirror of Achilles. Both were immune except for blows to the left leg (The whole left leg below the hip for those who misunderstood). Respond was instant, if the king were still alive, and you reached a cone that represented either the Gates of Troy or the Ships of the Greeks.

The week before we gave the King's the Healing touch, so the king had to touch you to rez.

We have a 20 page lists of games gleaned from the Belegarth and the Dagorhir forums. There's always room for more. I intend to create a "Barad'Dun Book of Games." when I can.

Konradr

oh that was the other thing with our kill the king game, they were immune to missle weapons.

random question..Does anyone have stuff for straps, for shields?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:09 am

Here's one I just read on the Dag board. There is a 'Valhalla' version of the game and a non-valhalla version.

"holy Grail"

An object is used as the holy grail and is set in the center of the field. Two teams, two colors, red and blue headbands. The herald has two flags, a red and a blue.

The teams fight for the grail. When one takes hold of the grail the herald holds up that colored flag.

The team with the Grail can not respawn.

This is the Valhalla game since there will be no end until everyone is tired.

The non Valhalla game uses this rule instead....

Or you can give the game a possible ending by stating only the team carrying the grail can respawn and thus the object is to control the grail and destroy the opposite team.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:39 pm

I remembered a few more games we used to play.

1) I don't remember the name however, i do remember the game, and maybe you have played this before. Its starts our as a free for all, except when you attack someone instead of screaming the type of weapon you yelled your name. When you kill someone who has not yet been claimed, they join "team caretaker" (in my case)....then what happens is multiple groups start. Each of your minions can turn unclaimed people by killing them. So once every person has been claimed and tons of people are screaming the group starters name:D you have to kill the group starter. So to release my minions, you'd have to kill me, then they are unclaimed and free to take for your group. The game goes on until everyone is in one group. Every kill is reswawnable by a 10 or 15 count. Did that all make sense? A good name I guess would be Demons and minions,

2) we used to play tag a lot, someone is it and has to kill someone else to stop being it. Then if the game is going too slow we would make 2-3 people it at a time.

3) one of my favorites though you cant really play it here was an ambush game we used to play. It has to be at night with little lights, and it helps if your playing in forests or with trees. You have an ambushing team and a marching team. (its kinda like hide and seek) the ambushing team hides, while the marching team would have to make a lap on a predetermined path. The idea is to make it around and make a lap(as the marching team). For the ambushers, it was to stop the group from making it around.

I'll talk to some people and see if I can come up with more games we used to play.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 pm

i really like all those game especialy the ambush one
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
caretaker

caretaker

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

remembered another.

-Balls of Fire:D

Its a rock game.

You put rocks on the field(only one or two) along with the normal gear everyone has. Death by weapon allows respawn count of 5-10.

Hit by rock on arms, legs, or torso is a re spawn death(armor doesnt do anything for rocks). hit to head by rock is a perm death, your out of the game.

The point of the game is to control the rocks. The rocks also work by touch, so you can touch people with them. even the dead waiting to respawn, you can go up and touch them in the head while they are counting and kill them.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

I like those games too. We've played "warlord" which is the one you talked about that starts as a free for all and as you kill people they become part of your team. "team caretaker".

I like the ambush, maybe when we hold our campout on Mount charelston since there will be wood battles which will be totally new to us, and we can try night games.

I like the rock one too. Since I lost my first rock, I've been itchin' to make more.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 pm

dont worry, Templar and Demie are mass producing rocks:D we have enough foam to make a good 15 at least lol:D
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Here's a link discussing scenario and other type games they are going to run at Ragnorok this year. Sound interesting? Who says you can't run scenario games with big groups?

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.php?topic=18950.msg383012#msg383012

Damn! I wish I could go. That sounds like fun.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:49 am

makes me wish i was going even more!

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Here's a game posted by Blackwolfe of the Sword Coast which is in California. It sounds alot like Goblin horde so I think one or the other was influenced by one or the other. (he he)

Quote :
Castle Defense.
4 out of 5 of all fighters defend the 'castle' (tent) on two connected sides.
Remaining 1 out of 5 fighters are attackers.

When an Attacker is killed he steps back behind the attacking line, sits down and counts to 20, then res's and rejoins the attacking line.

If a defender falls he leaves the castle, goes behind the Attacking lines, sits down, counts to 20, then joins the Attackers!

Game ends when an Attacker enters the 'castle' and takes the 'flag'.

Here's another version of the Necromancer game we could try. From Tiberius of ATD

Quote :
We just played "Necromancer" for the first time in a long time (my first ever) last night. That was a blast because it was so fun.

* You have one guy who is the Necromancer, armed only with a stabby dagger. He has 1 zombie on his side as his minion. Zombie can be armed with anything, or you can change the rules as you see fit. Zombie can only walk, or can be allowed to run, etc. It's fun when they wander around droning "Braaaaaaaains".
* Object is for the humans to kill the Necromancer and all the zombies. Necromancer is invincible so long as he has one zombie still alive.
* Anyone stabbed by the Necromancer (alive or already dead) turns into a Zombie.
* Anyone killed by a zombie simply falls dead.
* Zombies take damage like anyone else and can be killed like normal. Alternate rules could be that zombies require "X" hits to the torso to die, etc - whatever you want.
* If all humans are killed, Necromancer wins. If all zombies are killed, then the Necromancer can be killed like normal.
* Tactics are to rush the zombie and necromancer immediately and kill them before they can raise an army. Grappling of the Necromancer so he can't strike and stealing his only dagger are allowed as well so he has no means to make more zombies.

Tiberius also quotes the Goblin horde/bridge game we taught them when they first came to Barad'Dun

Quote :
* Divide into two teams, Humans and Goblins
* Between the two is a bridge delineated by cones / ropes, etc that crosses an infinitely long chasm. Anything or person that touches the chasm is instantly dead / lost to the game (i.e. person dies, weapons are not usable)
* Goblin team starts with a disproportionately small number of fighters (2-3 etc) and assaults in "waves" across the bridge against the humans.
* Every human killed goes to the Goblin side. Wounded Goblins regenerate limbs and broken shields each round. Wounded humans do not.
* The human side will die, the object is to last as long as possible and to die with honor.
* Jumping the chasm is acceptable if it can be done, as is firing across it with projectiles. Humans, however, may not step past the far end of the bridge or else they die.
* For the next round, the last 2-3 humans alive become the Goblins.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Here's a couple more:

Elite

Quote :
Designate 2 teams with about a 6:1 ratio of fighters. The small team are known as “Elites.” Objective is to be elite at the end of the game. If you kill an Elite, you become an Elite. If you are Elite and kill a common person, any limbs are healed.

Goblin King

Quote :
This is a good scenario for when it's cold out and you need to get the blood moving. It is well suited to a smaller group, but you can adjust it for larger groups. The game begins with one goblin king, and everyone else is a goblin. Goblins may only use single blues, while the goblin king may use any weapon or combination of weapons. The game begins when the king yells aloud, "I am the King!" Then the goblins reply with, "Long live the king!" This is shortly followed by a resounding cry of "Kill the King!" this is effectively the same as 'lay-on', and there is a mad rush at the king. as soon as the king dies, he falls to the ground and cries, "The King is Dead!" Whichever Goblin slew the king becomes the new king, and may choose a new weapon set. They then call out, "I am the King!" and the process is repeated.

for very small groups, it might make sense to only allow the king a red weapon or slightly larger blue weapon. for larger groups, there are a variety of ways to give the king a little more advantage. Optionally, the king can be given one or more points of Stoneskin or, the the goblins can die from one hit to any legal target. For very large groups you can even give the king the option to choose one or more teammates. The object of the game is for the king to lose pretty quickly, and for the battle to be fast-paced and chaotic with a high turnover rate for kings.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 4:43 pm

A new Game Idea....

HELM'S DEEP

The night battle for the outer wall of Helm's Deep as portrayed in the LOTR movie "The two towers".

Here is the illustration:

New games? Helms_10

A = Defender's. These are all missile men. all rocks, javelin's and archers go here. They do not respawn.

B = Two rope lines extend across a corner of the field. They are 8 feet apart and represent the wall. No one can cross the wall.

C = is the Breech area that should eventually be made. It can be 5 feet across and is represented by ropes or cones. Once made, the breech will then act as a "bridge".

D = The Orc hordes. They have every weapon but missiles. They do respawn.

E = The bomb. Something big and heavy. Like my 15lb medicine ball would do.

F = The respawn cone. Instant respawn for the Orcs.

The orcs must get the bomb to the breech point. Once they place it inside, the Herald counts to "10" and the wall is blown.

Two orc's must carry the bomb, or one Orc may carry it but he may not carry anything else. Orc's carrying the bomb must walk, if they run, they should be killed at that spot by the Herald.

When the Orc's carrying the bomb die, the bomb explodes and all Orc's die and must return with the bomb to the respawn point.

When the Defender's are out of missiles the Herald will call a "Freeze" and the defender's will be given a 20 second count to retrieve as many missiles as they can and then return to the wall for "Lay on".

Once the breech is made, the Orc's respawn until they kill all defenders.

Have a nice day. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm

heard you guys played a fun game last practice!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:27 pm

? ? ? All we did was ditch fighting, capture the flag and then capture the flag with a lava chasm, island and a couple gaps in between the flag points. That was it for practice. Oh yeah, they played Troll to, the game Taco introduced to us.

Konradr

2001 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Here's a slightly different take on Bear pit fighting....

Quote :
Two players enter the pit and when someone dies, another fighter steps in and the fighting continues. Those standing on the sidelines can swing into the pit and kill a fighter and take their place.

From Kyrax in Mallenorod (n.cali). The fighters lining up around the circle can take swings at the fighters in the circle while they are fighting. If a fighter outside kills a fighter inside, he takes his place.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New games?   New games? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New games?
Page 1 of 1