Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

War of Barad'Dun Card Game.

Go down 
+3
Taco
Sarabi
konradr
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Empty
PostSubject: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

WAR FOR BARAD'DUN

War for Barad'Dun is a Card Game using cards representing fighters of Barad'Dun, Weapons and Defences. You will need a deck of 40 Barad'Dun Fighter cards, a deck of 42 Weapon's cards and a deck of 44 Defence Cards. You should also have a copy of the Rules and at least one 6 sided die (1d6).

I have made set's of cards for 40 fighter's of Barad'Dun. Each has been given a general strength rating based on the fighter's demonstrated abilities in all aspects of our fighting game. In the upper left hand corner of each card is the fighter's battle name in red. In the upper right hand corner, in yellow, is the Fighter's strength, 2 being the least and 12 the maximum. At the bottom of each card is the Fighter's affiliation within the realm at the time of the making of this game.

The Weapons's deck consists of 42 cards representing a weapon commonly used in our fighting, its relative strength and in a few cases, a defence strength as well. In the upper left hand corner, in red, is the type of weapon shown. In the upper right hand corner, in yellow, is the weapon's strength. Some weapon classes have a negative number in blue beneath the strength number. This is its Defence strength if it has one. Weapon's represented are:

1. Dagger
2. Single edged sword.
3. Double edged Sword.
4. Florentine swords.
5. Axe.
6. Mace.
7. Flail.
8. Spear.
9. 'Red' represented by a Halberd.
10. Javelin.
11. Archery.

The Defence deck consists of 44 cards representing the various defences commonly available in our fighting. No strenght is given to defences. Defense cards only have a negative number representing the defence ability given to the fighter. In the upper left hand corner, in red, is the name of the defence. Most are shield types. In the upper right hand corner, in yellow, is a negative number for the defence given. The defence's represented are:

1. None.
2. Armor.
3. Helmet.
4. Buckler.
5. Round Shield.
6. Heater Shield.
7. Kite Shield.
8. Door Shield.

To Begin, first print out the card sets per the printing instructions on each card set. (some ask you to print more than one copy). Print out on stiff card stock, or purchase 3 sets of cheap playing cards and some glue sticks.

Cut the cards out. If using playing cards, glue the cards to the front portions and use clear packaging tape to 'laminate' them. Use different colors for the backs of each card type if possible, or use a thick marker and write "F" on the back of the Fighter cards, "W" on the back of the Weapons cards and "D" on the back of the Defence cards.

RULES OF PLAY

Shuffle each deck of cards and place in three seperate stacks to the side between the opposing players. Each player should have one six sided die.

Both players draw a fighter from the fighter deck and place it face up on the center of the table facing each other.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. 1st_ha10

If one player draws the 'New fighter' Card. He may then draw another fighter card and place directly beside the New fighter card. This is the new fighter's 'Shadow'. It is the Shadow that will fight the battle. The new Figher is only a 1D6-3 modifier to the fight. (for the new fighter you must roll 1D6 and -3. The resule, either plus, 0 or a negative is added to the Shadow fighter's strength)

Next, draw one Weapon's card for each fighter. (No weapon's card is given to New Fighters, only their Shadows) Place this card behind the Fighter card.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. 2nd_ha11

The strength of the Weapon will be added to the Strength of the Fighter. Any Defence the weapon class has will be added to the Fighter's defence.

If a player Draws the "Javelin" card. He may draw a second Weapon's card and place it beside the Javelin card.

Next, draw one Defence card for each fighter (none for a New Fighter only his shadow) and place this card third in line behind the fighter.

Rules for Defence Cards:

1. If a fighter is Armed with Florentine Swords, a Spear, a Red or Archery, he may only use a 'Buckler', armor and/or Helmet. Any other Defence card can not be played and is thus discarded. The player can not draw another card if the first is discarded.(create a discard pile for such)

2. If the player draws an 'Armor' or 'Helmet' card, he may draw a second Defence card and place it beside this card, if the defence is playable. Example, a Florentine fighter can keep an Armor card, and a buckler, but if he draws a round shield, he must discard, etc.

3. If the player draws both an 'Armor' and a 'Helmet' card, he may draw a third defence card and play it if it is playable or discard as in #2.

4. All defence points for defence cards and weapon's cards with defence strengths, are cumulative and are a negative modifier that affects the Die roll of the opponant.

Once all Cards are drawn, both players add their fighter and weapon strengths. This is their total strength. The resulting strenght is then converted into a 1D6 roll plus modifiers. Examples:

1. A strength of 6 equals a straight 1D6 roll.

2. A strength of less 4 equals a 1D6 with a -2 modifier to the roll.
NOTE: Die rolls that are modified below 1, are treated as 1.

3. A strength of 10 equals a 1D6 with a +4 modifier.

4. Anything over 6 is a + modifier, anything under is a - modifier to the 1D6 roll.

ROLL THE DIE!

Each player rolls 1D6 and adds or subtracts strenght modifiers. He player now subtracts his defence strenght (a negative number from defence) to his opponants die roll.

The higher die roll wins the fight if it beats its opponant by 2 points. The winning player takes his fighter card, and the loosing fighter card, and puts it in his winning fighter stack. All weapon's and Defence cards that were in play are removed to the discard pile. No cards can be played again.

If the higher die roll wins by only 1 point. The winning fighter has only 'Gimped' his opponant. Re-roll the dice, with all the same modifiers. If the same player win's again, even by 1 point, he wins the fight. A fighter can only be gimped once.

If, after calculating the strenght points of both fighters, and taking into account the defence modifiers, there is no way for one fighter to win, then no die roll is neccessary, the loosing fighter "Yields". The winning fighter takes the two fighters to his winning stack, and all weapon's and defence cards are discarded.

Begin again with each player drawing a new fighter card, etc, etc.

Play continues until all fighter cards have been played. Once there are no more fighter cards to be played. Each player counts his winning fighter stack. The player with the most fighter cards, wins. A tie is a draw.

Reshuffle and play again!

More than one player can play, but it has to be in even teams. Example, three players can not play, but four can with two teams of two. In this case draw your fighter cards and lay them out as 'Shield wall'.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Shield10

Place card from left to right; however, player's may place their against different opponants each round. For instance f may oppose a this round, and then choose to place his fighter to oppose b or c on the next round, etc. Once placed; however, the player can not switch the fighter around.

Winning fighters for each team are pooled into the team win stack and the winning team is the one with the most fighters in their winning stack at the end of the game.

I have playtested this game with my family and we have enjoyed it. I hope you do as well. Now on to WAR!

Konradr Greywolf of Barad'Dun
1-14-2011

Cards will be posted as .jpg images. These are reduce in half from the original bmp images that have been made to fit on a 8 1/2 by 11 lettersized page. When copying the image to a print program, you will need to make it fit the page before printing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Fighter cards.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio10

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio11

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio12

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio13

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio14

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio15

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Warrio16

Weapon's cards next, then Defence cards.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Weapon Cards

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon10

Only print one set of card set 1, instead of 2. There should only be 42 Weapon cards.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon11

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon12

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon13

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon14

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon15

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Weapon16

Last edited by konradr on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Defence Cards

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc10

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc11

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc12

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc13

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc15

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Defenc16
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:37 pm

this is really cool konradr!!! you always have the coolest ideas!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:03 am

i should make a deck tonight
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 am

Akeria wrote:
this is really cool konradr!!! you always have the coolest ideas!

he does have a lot of awesome ideas
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:26 am

yeah no offence I just don't have the attention to read but by the looks of it I would play this immediatley as long as someone explains the rules lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 am

me and taco are wanting to put together two decks... and then konradr can test out the water but it's up to you konradr you created this game!! your score you choose! i'm actually pretty excited like what if we used it as a way to get money for the realm. like what if we did like realm decks i know i would pay money for a deck of black lions. do like this and this much for each unit and then this much for all units or something like that or for like a small deck where it has some people some weapons and stuff i don't know. but i think it would be awesome way to play a interesting looking game and make money for the realm!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I don't hold a copyright, Akeria. I do suggest you print out the set as is and playtest it for awhile and see how you like it. Then if you want to be creative, go ahead. Very Happy

I do have some supplemental fighter cards I will post up later, along with the neccessary additions in weapons and defence. The supplemental cards are all 'Foreign' fighters who have fought alongside or in Barad'Dun at least more than once. These include...

Isk, Tiberius, Libra, and Tona of ATD.
Reverend, Nash, Dash and Bacchus of the Forsaken.
Rhajheen of Desert Wind.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 am

well i'm not really a card game person but josh wants to test it out i think it would be fun!. yeah add the others!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:31 am

I'm making my decks of cards now. If I come to Althing, I'll bring 'em and we can play.

Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 am

GREAT!!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:41 pm

After playtesting the game with Taco at Althing, I've decided to do the following modifications:

1. Simplify the math. I'm just going to go with simple 1d6 modifiers so its easier to add and subtract.

2. I'll post any pertinant rule modifications per fighter/weapon/defence to the card itself so we won't have to rely on memories. I'm a terrible rules lawyer. Can't remember even the stuff I write myself.

3. Changing the images/card templates and hopefully going to get them printed at a printer as custom card sets.

4. Revamping the images with new images available and adding new member to the realm. Maybe a mercenary deck with friends from ATD and Forsaken.

5. Add extra cards like a Herald with penalites, etc.

6. Revamp the weapons and defence cards with photos of foam weapons such as from the Edhellen website, etc.

Here are two of the new revamped cards....What d'ya think?

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. New_ca10War of Barad'Dun Card Game. New_ca11

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 pm

WOW those are great!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dwyna

Dwyna

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:00 am

WOW!!!

I want to see all of them!!

study
Back to top Go down
Emil Castagnier

Emil Castagnier

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 2:04 am

Nice! This is very interesting, and if I find more time I wouldn't mind helping you out making them more attractive/flashier ;D I've made cards before and I'm pro when it comes to designing things with photo tools.
Back to top Go down
http://itsugoi.proboards.com/
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Akeria, here's your black Lions. Am I missing any Barad'Dun Black Lions? To print out, double the size of the image.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Black_10

Damn, I forgot Caretaker!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:22 pm

thouse are awsome looking
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:01 am

War Wolves cards. I still need to add detached wolves such as K'urn, D'edra and Faolan.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. War_wo10

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 am

i love them man looking good
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm

konradr wrote:
Akeria, here's your black Lions. Am I missing any Barad'Dun Black Lions? To print out, double the size of the image.

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Black_10

Damn, I forgot Caretaker!

Konradr

♥ yes all i need is a caretaker and my heart will EXPLODE!!
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:09 am

yo when is RA going to be up
lol it sounded a bit mean
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:37 am

Working on it.....Meanie!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 6:21 pm

The Glorious Tribunal of Barad'Dun...

War of Barad'Dun Card Game. Tribun10

and now, on to the heart of the Realm, the Muster of the Royal Army....

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of Barad'Dun Card Game.   War of Barad'Dun Card Game. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Barad'Dun Card Game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next