Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Garb Building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Who:
Everyone is invited to be here. Provided you are here to sew, help pin, or help with what others may need to finish garb.

What:
Garb Building

Where:
Izmiranna & Convels Home
3710 Lilly Star Ct.
North Las Vegas, NV 89031

When:
Friday, 12Aug, from 1200 noon - done

Why:
For ATD Raid on Saturday (13Aug) as first priority and Wedageddon (20Aug) garb for those going as second priority.

How:
If you would like to make some garb or have garb made for you, please bring fabric with you or talk to someone to work out a bartering for fabric. If you have a sewing machine, bring it with you, the more sewers we have, the better. If you have spare fabric that others may use, please bring that as well. Help in every aspect is needed; whether it be sewing, pinning, cutting, bringing spare fabric for others to use, etc. Every bit of help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions about the garb building, please feel free to contact me through PM here.
-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking or Viking Pirate...?

note: You do not need to be in garb to fight on Saturday, but it would be nice to try and have as many people in garb as possible. What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Hollister

Hollister

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:15 pm

I won't be able to make it... only had a job one week and already it is inconveniencing me. Mad

If it wasn't for the fact that a job = $$$ I would seriously think about quitting. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:44 pm

One note if you are bringing fabric to turn into garb - WASH IT! If you do not wash and dry the fabric as you would the finished garment... IT WILL SHRINK. And then all your hard work and money will have been wasted.

Izzy - I will be there with plenty of fabrics (all washed - oh joy... lots of washing to do Rolling Eyes ) and with my machine til it is done.

I also have a box of trimmings I am happy to share with people so they are welcome to rummage in the marked boxes for stuff. Just ask before using Smile

Prysm
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:48 pm

Hollister wrote:
I won't be able to make it... only had a job one week and already it is inconveniencing me. Mad

If you need garb Hollister, I will be happy to make something for you - you have put in needle time so have earned a new pair of pants for the raid - just get me some fabric (or tell me what to get and repay me saturday) and I will run up basic PJ bottoms in more 'peasant' colors Wink

They will be very basic cos I have LONG list of things to make for the realm for this weekend and next, but you earned them.

P
Back to top Go down
Hollister

Hollister

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Thank you for the offer Prysm!

Well... I need ankle wraps and gloves, so those are on top of my budget for the week.

However, I can spare (because I don't smoke anymore!!! Laughing ) about $25 - $30 for trousers. You know my color scheme, and I think I left the trim & thread at your house, so this might work.

BTW, I was thinking... is it possible to leave the pant legs ragged, but to sew a bit of trim about 3 inches or so on the inside above the edge, as reinforcement, to prevent a bad rip? If not, it's my first bit of garb, and I am awfully protective of it, so if you think ragged trouser legs will rip badly, trim them up.

Oh, yeah, and don't forget to back stitch! Rolling Eyes

I can give you the money anytime after Wednesday (in fact, I might be able to grab the material myself if you can't, since me and my roommate go shopping on Thursday) - whichever is easiest for you.

If the total cost, including whatever you want to add as labor, exceeds $30, I can cover you next week with the difference.

If I don't, you can fill my dastardly hide with bodkin arrows! affraid

Well... padded bodkins... I hope. Neutral

Or... you could just keep the trousers and I would have to fight in boxers... whichever you feel is appropriate. silent

-Hollister

P.S. I might also need something with RA colors/emblem on it somewhere... since I am a new draftee! cheers
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Dont worry H - Izzy and I will sort you out!

I am off to a fabric store thursday so if you havnt got fabric yet, perhaps we could meet there? Is on Decatur and Oakey - Home Fabrics I seem t recall - plus they give 10% off for ren groups...

And yes - you did leave the trim and thread here...
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 pm

Prysm wrote:
One note if you are bringing fabric to turn into garb - WASH IT! If you do not wash and dry the fabric as you would the finished garment... IT WILL SHRINK. And then all your hard work and money will have been wasted.

Quoted for truth. Wash it with plenty of detergent, wash it on hot I think?
Back to top Go down
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Don't forget H, that I am making you a pair of winingas (a pair of leg wraps that can extend down to cover/wrap the ankle as well). So if you don't get your ankle wraps this week, these will help you as well. And if all else fails, it's another piece of garb.

-Izmiranna Peregrine pirat gfxlovers.com/smilies
Pirate Viking or Viking Pirate...?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Hollister

Hollister

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:33 am

Prysm,

My roommate and I usually head out around 6pm, so we could meet up between 6:30 and 7pm. He is having gout flare ups this week, so we might not go shopping until later. We'll have to play it by ear and see what happens. Thanks for the help! Very Happy

Izzy,

Thanks for the reminder! I intend to grab the wraps anyway, either as added reinforcement, back-ups, or just practice garb. Either way, thank you for all your help. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I might come by for a bit to work on a hat, will you guys still be going around 6pm?
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:50 pm

for sure! We have a whole list of things to get done for the saturday, and even more for the wedding! Including some royal items...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garb Building Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garb Building   Garb Building I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garb Building
Page 1 of 1