Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Theme song of your life?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Theme song of your life? Empty
PostSubject: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:49 am

You got it. What's your theme song? What song do you think of when you think back on days of yesteryear up until now and why?

(trying to get some activity on the boards y'all, even if it's on the real life section it'll get you spurred up to actually look more often)

Example - >
Artist:
Song:
Year:
Youtube Link:

Here's mine:

Artist: Tennessee Ernie Ford - Ernest Jennings
Song: Sixteen Tons
Year: 1956
Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0

I think of this song due to the environment I grew up in and had the biggest impression on my youth. I was on a two hundred acre ranch in a three building town. The nearest wal-mart was forty miles out. I remember Sunday dinners after going to a church that was a one room shack like place. It was so small that there was maybe, MAYBE twenty pews. Ten down each side. If you showed up late, you'd be sitting on the floor, shoes off, cross legged and listening.

Choir? What choir? Brother John had a banjo. Brother Nathan had a guitar. Preacher Kelly's wife played the piano and *sometimes* someone else brought a guitar as well. You wanted to sing, you'd volunteer and man there *was* some twang in the voice of whomever sang.

Family reunions weren't planned. We didn't organize them by email. Most of us didn't even use the computer AT all. We had dial-up though if we did. Family reunions meant you called someone, and they called someone and so on and so forth.

I *remember* getting up at five o'clock to be ready, fed, and walk a mile to my aunts side of the ranch to go take care of the kennel by seven o'clock in the morning. I remember doing it in twelve below zero as well. I also remembering going to cut firewood at that temperature to and break up the ice in the cattle and horse troughs.

Boy I tell you that was the days...

*coughs*...Hope I don't sound old. But I loved living like that and I tell you it was the best years of my life....

But, I did walk to work in the snow. =P

Oh and my first summer job was pickin' acorns and walnuts and washing them before bagging and taking them to the agriculture center to sell....back then you *maybe* got twenty-five dollars for almost eight big, black trash bag fulls. It was not easy work but it taught me the work ethic I have today and I've my folks and my uncle to thank for that.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 am

Well, I might have a life theme song, but I love a lot of music too much. I always have a song in my head, depending on the situation I'm in, so it would be impossible for me to choose ONE song out of the millions of great songs in the world I've listened to. The music in my head controls my emotions, it seems like it should be the other way around, but it really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

Duly noted, love. ^_^

It's not odd though. I tend to have music playing in my head all the time depending on how I feel. Music also inspires my creativity and what mindset I'm in to write something and what genre it'll be.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 am

Sometimes it's annoying though because the music gets louder if I'm not doing something to fit it, and I start to think about it more. The only way to really change it is to either look up the lyrics or listen to the song, or both.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 am

*gives you medication*
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

Yeah, I guess I'm just a music man. It runs in my family.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:50 am

*loves already*...

About to shoot you a pm by the by. Read it. =P
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 am

Rofl ok
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 am

I have many a song from back in the day that I love to hear that take me back, waaaayyyy back. hahaha. I'll jot them down later and then transcribe them to the forum.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Strider

Strider

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am

What are they, in hieroglyphics or something?
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:40 pm

hmmm lets see a theme song eh......well i have more than one so here it goes Razz

artist:LIT
song:my own wosrt enemy
year:1999
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJFWbWSXFE
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
next

artist:matchbox 20
song:unwell Razz Razz
year:2002
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDCUnLM6UUc
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

hmm lets see if i cant come up with one a lil my serious Razz

artist:incubus
song:drive
year:2000
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY4FvpmmbiU

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"(william Shakespeare)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theme song of your life?   Theme song of your life? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theme song of your life?
Page 1 of 1