Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I totally just registered under 'Sylar'

Go down 
+13
Strider
Smithy
barrikaide
Prysm Stormfallen
Sarabi
Taco
Reverend
Izmiranna Peregrine
konradr
Phoxly
Acrid the Fool
Grek
Sylar
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:51 am

No it would not. Just swing a red sword like normal, a red weapon is very hard to wield with one hand as it needs to be twice the weight of a blue.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 am

I know it sounds like I'm trying to find a loophole, but I'm just trying to clarify. This is me learning. I remembered someone using one sword that was cut right down the middle, so he could pull them apart and have two should he need to. I just wondered if something similar could be done for a red weapon. I figured the same effect could be done if you could fit a small enough weapon, like a dagger, into your left hand while still holding the red sword with both hands. The same could be done if you could somehow attach your blue weapon to your red weapon, and then use the red weapon with two hands. Though that wouldn't be very realistic, the 'holding two swords together' thing is realistic but not very fair.

EDIT: Another question. Am I allowed to take someone's shield (after they're dead, for example) if I wouldn't be allowed to forge a same sized shield? Would a small person be allowed to take Barrikaide's shield during battle, for example?
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:14 am

Taking another dude's gear, especially if it is personal gear, is rude.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 am

I see why someone would get offended, but doesn't that take away from the realism a bit? Like, I took down someone who had a shield while I was using Florentine. Before they died, I lost a leg, and they had a shield, so I took that and lived because of it. I can definitely see myself getting pissed at someone who's using my sword, but, again, if they cut my arm off to get it, why not?
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:32 am

Depends on the person. I don't let anyone use my stuff except for a select few.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:36 am

Javelins, on the other hand, are almost always fair game!
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:43 am

I stopped liking missile weapons ever since I found this rule:
Quote :
4.5.1.4 - Players may not ever carry another fighter's missile weapons around without the owner's express permission. You may return fire with missiles that have been shot/thrown at you, but if you leave the immediate area where the missiles were fired/thrown, you may not take any missiles other than your own with you. Players must always return the owner's missiles to the owner upon request.
It basically means that if you're annoying enough, you can request your javelin back before they get the chance to throw it at you unless they were the person you threw it at in the first place, and they have to oblige. Not to mention the ten times someone jacked Taco's javelin and brought it to the 'tree of life' during Valhalla were illegal as well.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:47 am

You have my express permission to use my javelin then, and I'm pretty sure Taco doesn't care that his javies are getting thrown around.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:48 am

No thanks. Can't aim with the evil things anyways. Taco and you might not mind, but it just takes one person that feels a little too attached to his javelin to make it an abusive weapon to bring to the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:55 am

Shields are fair game, but someone's personal sword they don't have to give you. It's always best to take from a dead ally. Like you florentine and decide you need a shield you can grab one from an ally.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 am

why abusive?
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 am

i guess like flails.. but i don't see a resemblance but eh people are different
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am

When I get my own, personal sword, I won't need to take another's. Mine'll be perfect for ME! >:D But it'll always be fun to kill someone with their own weapon, if only to use it to kill them. Whoever it was that said "My favorite weapon to use is yours." at that last Black Lions practice is my hero :P

I'm talking about worst case scenario, but a javelin can be used abusively because:
A. You can request for it immediately after tossing it, and they have to give it to you (unless they decide to return fire as you ask)
B. Should you not, and let someone pick it up and use it as a green weapon, you can request for it and are left with only what they had in their other hand.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:58 am

Sylar wrote:
I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 359c
I just realized that a hilt like this would be hard to pull off, unless you had a custom-made core. Required padding on non-striking surfaces prevents this sort of hilt-combination from being practical. So even if it'd be legal in theory, it'd also be hard to make two swords actually fit in both hands with relative control.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:23 am

Dead people's gear can be picked up and used. However, if its personal stuff, you need to ask. That person put the money and time into making it and stuff gets broken alot. Loaner shit, no problem with picking it up off the battlefield. jav's are picked up and rethrown at their owners. Generally its okay to pick up weapons and shields on the field if they are not "broken". For instance, a shield broken by a Red is tossed to the ground right away. The shield can not be used again because it is broken. However, when the owner dies, if he dies, in a respawn game he can respawn with his shield again.

It's really a simple game but safety is first then playability then realism where it can be applied. That is how its stated in the rules.

You can learn all this OJT (On the Job Training). Just come out and fight. If you do something dumb will tell you you can't do that. Don't sweat it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 pm

with this whole red/blue question, do you mean like using a side arm? plenty of spearmen hold daggers or short swords between their index and middle finger so they have access to it quickly if someone closes in on them. if it works for spears, why not reds? it would probably hurt your fingers alot though
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:02 pm

and when you start to play often youll learn projectiles are amazing
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 am

I really need to learn to judge my hits. At the moment, it's at a point where I get hit, I'll deliver about that strength back. But during outpost 7, Heretic hit me so hard in the gut that I had to sit out for a while. A minute or two later, I hit someone in the face so hard we have to stop the game, and it was only about half of what I was hit with prior. It'll take me a while to get used to judging my shots on who I'm fighting rather than who I fought, the same way it'll take me a while before I completely stop calling my own shots. At the same time, it'll take me a while to realize people who are shorter than me need to be struck lower, as well as people like Smithy whose stances are lower to the ground.Then, I can work on not closing my eyes so much during a fight, and going for combos rather than just one solid hit, which is usually what I settle for. I do have a few questions on anvilling though;

First, is it considered legal to hold the blade about three inches away your chest, rather than holding it against your chest when the blade hits?
Second, is it considered legal to hold the blade against your arm when you're not being hit, as long as it isn't against you while you are being hit?

P.S. I'm really sorry for those who I did hit in the head, especially those I didn't straight up apologize to. I just figured that I was probably the last person you'd want to talk to, and was recently told that was rude, so yeah. I really do feel bad about head-shots, even the ones that didn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:29 am

Dustin "The Wind" wrote:
with this whole red/blue question, do you mean like using a side arm? plenty of spearmen hold daggers or short swords between their index and middle finger so they have access to it quickly if someone closes in on them. if it works for spears, why not reds? it would probably hurt your fingers alot though
And yeah. What I'm thinking is what if someone does dual red/blue? Especially if they're made for the purpose, holding the blue one upside down so you can use the red one [relatively] two-handed seems logical, though it might not be very fair.

Also, when's the next red-weapons class? The sooner I learn how to use one, the better. Then I can determine if I want to use one, or simply use my knowledge against them :o
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:13 am

Being the person you hit in the face... I suggest learning the weapsons you use now before confusing the issue with reds which are way more dangerous on wild shots...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 am

What is it with you and face shots prysm?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 am

Well - if this hadnt been caught by my face it would have been a shot to the throat... And as it was hard enough to split skin, it would have been bad on the throat... And we had already had one of them during Outpost 7 just 2 mins before my incident.

As for me and face shots - I can only surmise they are jealous of my fantastic good looks and want to add eye makeup into the mix...

Racoon eyes here I come Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:34 am

Some of my questions are directly related to me, some aren't. The ones about anvilling are things I could see myself doing, and I want to clarify all the answers I heard out on the field. The ones about the red weapon I could see someone else doing, or I could see myself making after I take a few classes on red weapons.

And I would account the majority of faceshots to your size. When I'm against someone who's taller, I couldn't reach their faces if I tried. It'll just take some time for me to, like I said, hit lower against people who are shorter or have stances that put them closer to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:09 am

Prysm Stormfallen wrote:
Being the person you hit in the face... I suggest learning the weapsons you use now before confusing the issue with reds which are way more dangerous on wild shots...

QFT.
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 am

um i dont think the amount of power you use on someones face matters that much since it will hurt most of the time anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I totally just registered under 'Sylar'   I totally just registered under 'Sylar' - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I totally just registered under 'Sylar'
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next