Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

My excuse for not showing up for practice.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

My excuse for not showing up for practice. Empty
PostSubject: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 am

At least one of you were asking of how I will do in my fencing tournament, so here's the restults.

The tournament was on Sunday, starting at noon, so after the practically mandatory late start I got to my pools.

The tournament had 35 fencers. (5 A's 3 B's and a bunch of C's D's and many U's)

I got 4-1 in my pools with a +3 indicator. (my bout that I lost I lost 1-5)
During the DE's I got a bye on my first bout, and won my next two bouts.

I lost to the guy that was seeded #1 (who was an A)

So i got 7-8th position (waiting for email for confirmation on which place)

Normally this would mean I would get a rating (D), but apparently the U's did too well and too many A's and B's were eliminated, so no rating was granted. yaaaay!

I finished the tournament at 7 PM so I got back at 12:30.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Great showing Alex. I've only done three local tournaments, but I was never very good. Someday you and I may spar but I'm sure you'd whip me pretty good, but hey, its fun.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:42 pm

Congrats, kid. I'm glad you did well and had fun. I'm not a fencer but I'd love to spar you one day.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 am

Ya sure, I'll spar with you guys any time, either Dag or traditional fencing. If you want to do traditional fencing, I only have 1 mask, so bring your own. I have at least 2 pairs of everything else.

Can't wait to fight again on this Saturday's road trip.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:09 am

Good news everybody! I just got my confirmation email! I got 7th place and I am now an E-09! About time!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 am

I never devoted enough to get past a U. Keep it up Alex, Think O L Y M P I C gold medal!!!

I have three fencing masks, three or four electric epees (I fought epee) two of those little electronic buzzers for the epee so you get a buzz when you touch someone (don't go there Oddvar) one electric foil & lame but no cord, two or three jackets and pants. (No more socks as I gave them up to Dagorhir to make sword covers. That would be the white one's with the addidas logo) I have 'dry' foils and epee's. I also have two Historical rapier's and a dagger, for historical fencing. One day I'll drag that all along for anyone who wants to try them out.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 am

ooooooh, historical rapiers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My excuse for not showing up for practice.   My excuse for not showing up for practice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My excuse for not showing up for practice.
Page 1 of 1