Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Question reguarding rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Question reguarding rules Empty
PostSubject: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:30 am

I know that if you lose a leg, you must drop to your knee and cannot hop around on the good leg.

Is rolling around a legal form of movement if you lose a leg?
I know you can have someone carry you,
and that you can drag the injured leg behind you,
but....can you roll to move?

I don't know when this would ever come into use.
But, I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:33 am

...And while I'm on this thread....

If you somehow end up accidentally kicking a weapon,
would you lose that leg?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes you can roll around. You can lunge from your good leg. What you're not suppose to do and what we all do anyways, is duck walk.

Hmmm, as far as kicking a weapon. Well, you shouldn't do it as you may kick a person instead, and that's bad. However, most everything goes, so if you can stomp down a spear, go for it. Stomp down the haft if you can. But you may break the weapon and that's bad too. If you kick a weapon accidentally, remember the bladed end of a weapon counts no matter what. But it has to hit you with enough force (or you hit it) to injure/kill you. If you move your leg and it bumps into a weapon's blade, I would say ignore it (Surt may overrule me) However, if you intentionally kick at a weapon, and strike the bladed end with the foot in the air, I'd say, just like grabbing at a bladed end with your hand, you've initiated enough force to hurt yourself. You loose the hand, so I'd say, you loose the foot.

Okay, Overrule me ol' Supreme one.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 pm

there's no rule that says you can't kick a weapon. so i would say you could do it without loosing a limb. but konrads right on everything else. technically you could stomp on someones spear. though i would find that very unsporting if you were trying to break someones weapon..
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Could you "check" a weapon with your feet? Like if they were swinging a red, and you blocked it wih your foot? Kicking at it with the intent to block it?
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:48 pm

if you block a swung weapon with any limb, thats a loss of that limb.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:49 am

Ah thats good. Very Happy So far my favorite rule that dagorhir enforces is the "no magic switch" rule. In belegarth if you get your arm chopped off with the sword in it, typically they drop their shield, and switch the sword to their other hand. =/ I've done it myself but I never realized how odd and impractical it is lol.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 4:55 am

We do it too, but Surt is gently trying to remind us not to. Maybe pushups will help.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:22 am

konradr wrote:
We do it too, but Surt is gently trying to remind us not to. Maybe pushups will help.

Konradr

Its a tough habit, since if your sword and board, and lose your sword hand, you basically just lost =/ I'd rather fight someone with just a sword, than just a shield lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question reguarding rules   Question reguarding rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question reguarding rules
Page 1 of 1