Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Spiders in Vegas?

Go down 
+2
Surt
Phoxly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Okay so I have heard alot of complaints from people who move to vegas saying that spiders are a huge issue... which isn't that bad considering...

Spiders in Vegas? Img_1710

The above picture was taken after one week of having the trap next to my bed at night. The other trap on the other side of my bed had 3-4 more of these quarter sized spiders as well..]
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:25 pm

mmmm...... lunch box.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Don't know if my turtles eat spiders, but my kids just caught a nice sized praying mantis that needs some insects to eat. But that many spiders may overwealm him and eat him!

I'm not a fan of insects in general. That's why my motto is to always have a Foam flail around, for whatever need's some bashing. Those look like prime candidates.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:05 pm

XD yeah they are ugly lil buggers, and they run FAST. I tried to drop a medicine ball on one of them and it literally DODGED it. Ran in a circle, and under a wall.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:03 am

Wow.
See, I don't know what people are talking about.

I've only seen one or two Daddy Long Legs' in the five years I've lived here.

Cockroaches though. >:[

Grrrr.
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:52 am

My house has a large problem about spiders, but I always assumed that it was because I lived next to a lake, and the large population of gnats attracted them.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 am

I swallowed a black widow by accident.

I like spiders.

- A
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 am

I promised my kids some crickets for their praying mantis, but I couldn't catch any. I guess cause its colder they are not out as much. All I saw was small one's and they was just too fast for me. (Good drill for hand/eye coordination) Anyhow, I got a couple of dumb cockroaches and put them in the praying mantis cage. Boy he got hold of one quick. Everytime I walk by the cage, there's a little less cockroach in his mitts. The other roach is wandering around sweating. "oh god I'm next." If you got cockroach problems, get some praying mantis and put 'em around the house.

My son wants to take the praying mantis to school. The teacher said it was okay. I hope he's eaten by then, or he might still be gnawing on leftovers. The kids (Kindergarten) will probably love watching that, but the Teach might not be too keen on it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:04 pm

We cought a praying mantis about 3 years ago, and it layed a bunch of egg sacs all over the cage, we kept keeping track and tabs on the lil egg sacs for a few weeks til they started to get soft and mushy again, then put them outside and now 3 years later we have TONS of them all over our property. Literally, we run them over with our car when we pull out of the driveway from time to time Sad

Unfortunately the mantis that layed the eggs went missing, since the cage it was being kept in was shared with another mantis, and a lizard. They got along for about a month then suddenly both mantis went missing >_>.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spiders in Vegas? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spiders in Vegas?   Spiders in Vegas? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spiders in Vegas?
Page 1 of 1