Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

ATD events and stuff

Go down 
+6
konradr
Strider
Demie Zephyra
Taco
Phoxly
Isk
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Isk

Isk

ATD events and stuff Empty
PostSubject: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:59 pm

We will come down in November, probably the 14th. I will post again when it's more concrete.

We will also be hosting an event in February and I just realized I hadn't let you guys know about it yet Embarassed

[Formal Invite]
We want to extend a personal invitation to our neighbors in Vegas and invite you up for An Tir Dearg's first annual event on the first weekend of February (5th-7th). The weather should be in the mid-60s so we hope to pull a lot of the fighters down from Idaho, Utah, Colorado and Montana as well as inviting you and our friends in Cali and Arizona.

The location will be on a section of BLM land just southeast of St. George, so we should be able to party as long and loud as we want after the fighting. It's still only a few miles from town and motels for those that would rather pay-to-stay.

We intend to do a few tourneys (blue, s&b, red, archery, 4-horsemen), some terrain influenced CTF, probably some carravan. Plan to arrive as early as you please on Friday and make a leisurely exit on Sunday.

Expect more updates, including pictures, as the event gets closer.
[/Formal Invite]
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm

There is a good chance I will be in Vegas by the 14th of November, so I am down if the realm leaders are Smile
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 3:02 am

a ride is all that looks dim, but hey i wont now for shore till we get close but. I'M going if everything goes right
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:22 am

Ooh!
I'd definately like to go, if my mother will let me.

:3

And I'm willing to give rides.
Unfortunately, Taco...

I think you might be too tall for my tiny little Asian car. >.>
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:47 pm

well i think i could break my legs if it comes down to it!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 12:26 am

I could make it I believe.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:31 pm

I can't promise anything because my daughter's birthday is on the 6th which is apparently that Saturday. Saturday would be the best time to celebrate said birthday at some place that charges us plenty of cash to do so.

That being said, if we could celebrate said birthday on Sunday, maybe, (small a maybe perhaps) I could go and fight on Saturday at your event. I could make it a day trip and bring some folks in the van with me and my son. I could not; however, spend the night. So I will research my possibilities and if I can go, I will organize anyone wanting to go from Barad'Dun on a daytrip to your event, and thence we will cross foam blades yet again.

Deny it though you will. I know the Sand princess is hidden somewhere in An Tir Dearg and have vowed to the Adunakhor that we will find it. (refer to Barad'Dun's backstory, posted in 'about barad'Dun' topic, for clarification)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:57 am

konradr wrote:
I can't promise anything because my daughter's birthday is on the 6th which is apparently that Saturday. Saturday would be the best time to celebrate said birthday at some place that charges us plenty of cash to do so.

That being said, if we could celebrate said birthday on Sunday, maybe, (small a maybe perhaps) I could go and fight on Saturday at your event. I could make it a day trip and bring some folks in the van with me and my son. I could not; however, spend the night. So I will research my possibilities and if I can go, I will organize anyone wanting to go from Barad'Dun on a daytrip to your event, and thence we will cross foam blades yet again.

Deny it though you will. I know the Sand princess is hidden somewhere in An Tir Dearg and have vowed to the Adunakhor that we will find it. (refer to Barad'Dun's backstory, posted in 'about barad'Dun' topic, for clarification)

Konradr

If it's just a day trip, I could go. Mom isn't comfortable with the spending the night thing yet, and neither am I. It'd be my brother and I's first event and I really, really want to go. I'd pitch in gas and food money to whomever would be willing to take my brother and I (considering my brother is even going).
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 am

id love to go but cant if its more than a 1 day thing cause i am 90% certain i will be workin within the week and the job im likely to have will only allow for 1 day off Sad freakin sucks
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:13 pm

We'd love to have you guys for a day trip or whatever you can fit in. Edgar, you could easily come over after work Friday so you'd be here all day Saturday and leave after feast if you need to work again on Sunday.

Konradr, we'll, uh, keep an eye out for the sand princess. She doesn't bite, does she?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:56 pm

No Isk, that would be Alacian I think. Razz

So were you guys going to make those Archer stands you discussed on your forum? I mean the boy scout, lashed pole A-frame thingy? How high would those be and what materials would be needed? Sounds like something we might be able to do here, though I was only in the Webelos and that was for about a year. We never did any fieldwork. Now in the army we did some walls out of sandbags and dug big pain in the butt holes in the ground.

How about boats? I was thinking of making 2 pvc boats for about 4 people each. Ever use those?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:50 pm

Hey! I only bite now and then....and if you're bigger than me and lay on me instead of really grappling....

By the way...did those teeth prints ever go away, Edgar? LOL Sorry about that...
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 9:19 pm

NOOO!!!!!!!!im branded for life dam you ..................... Razz na im kiddin they were gone by next morning Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:18 am

edgar dernhelm wrote:
NOOO!!!!!!!!im branded for life dam you ..................... Razz na im kiddin they were gone by next morning Razz lol!

I wouldn't be surprised if you were branded. My brother still has a scar on his ass from when I was seven and he was eight. Evidently he wouldn't play with me so I bit him.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 pm

Note to self: Watch for Alacian's teeth. I may need full armor worse than I thought.

Konradr, we are still thinking about doing the stands, they would be about four feet tall with a flag attached to the back to collapse them. We may use that flag as the CTF flag as well. They would be fun to make, things have just been really busy and we've had quite a bit of attrition with school and fall, so we'll have to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Isk wrote:
Note to self: Watch for Alacian's teeth. I may need full armor worse than I thought.

Rawr? Razz

So, y'all will be here on Nov. 14th? I'm excited.

I want to spar you. Heh. You'll hand me my ass, that's for sure. But I want to.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:24 pm

It will be fun and we are excited to come. We discussed it last week and we will check in with everyone again tonight and see if the 14th will still work out. I will be looking forward to sparring with you.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:08 am

sounds like great fun hope i will get to be there for it Sad im gonna be realy upset if whichever job i get makes it so i cant come out anymore that would suck Sad
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:57 pm

After discussion last night the 14th sounds like the date. I am excited about both the number and the caliber of players who are planning to come down; there should be about 8-10 of our better fighters coming. This should be a riot!
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 am

That sounds like alot of fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:54 pm

i look forward to finally meeting everyone! king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:57 pm

=( I don't think we will be in Vegas by the 14th, we might have the house by then, but we won't be moved in til about a week after we close on the house. TAKE LOTS OF PICS AND VID!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Note to anyone planning on visiting ATD during this event. They might have a belly dance troupe there for you evenings entertainment, and there is a strong possibility of professional video taping going on during the event. As it is an event, ages will have to be 16 & up and Garb will be mandatory. You want to look your best and fight even better.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 am

Would it be too soon to make a joke about Barrikade squishing yall on saturday? (lol sorry Sem)
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Would it be too soon to make a joke about Barrikade squishing yall on saturday? (lol sorry Sem)

lol I'll refrain from jokes until I see how badly he's hurt. If I think he's past the point of needing sympathy then I'll make jokes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATD events and stuff   ATD events and stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATD events and stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next