Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The Curse of Outpost 7

Go down 
+8
Demie Zephyra
Whisper
edgar dernhelm
Strider
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
Kilanos
konradr
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

The Curse of Outpost 7 Empty
PostSubject: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:07 pm

We can write a short story. Someone start with one paragraph then everyone and anyone can add a paragraph at a time. No more than a paragraph. The story has to involve our time period and an adventure of some kind with Barad'Dun and/or the southern continent in the storyline. If you create a character, only you can kill them off. Anyone else may or may not include them in their paragraph's, but only you can remove them if so wished. What say you?

I don't have anything in my head right now, too much else I'm thinking about. But I can start it off later or someone else can.

Oh, and illustrations are welcome as part of your paragraph, but you have to either have made them in the computer, or scanned your artwork, or personalized an image you saved from somewhere else.

To be continued.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:48 pm

It was that time of the year when autumn dies down and the trees shed their colorful leaves for their winter hibernation. The port of Barad'Dun stands fairly empty due to the rough sea's during the yearly winter storms off the coast. Konradr was taking a leisurly stroll through the port district where he enjoyed watching the early winter sunset over the rolling ocean waves. As he passed a local tavern he heard a commotion arise inside and smiled as a drunk patron was hurled bodily out the front door by the strongman in the service of the bar...

-Kil
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:14 pm

"Kilanos!" Konradr said with a smile, helping his large friend up from the pavement. "When are you going to learn to go to the Hobgoblin inn where the bouncer's aren't so big!"

"Damn, Barrikade, " Kilanos slurred. His breath steamed with ale. "I told him I was only soothing my injured heel. He pointed to one of his legs.

"I thought it was the right leg Old friend."

Kilanos thought a moment. "Oh yeah." He smiled. Konradr pulled some silver from his leather pouch and handed it to his friend. "Go to the Hobgoblin and tell Alacian, Konradr sent you for a soothing foot bath."

"Hah! I will take your silver and turn it to gold at the tables my friend." Kilanos then hobbled off.

"Beware the three dragon Ante! I hear tell, Oddvar cheats." Konradr said.

"Hah, so do I!" Kilanos laughter rang off the walls of the narrow street as he dissappeared into the darkness.

Konradr turned to stare at the inn. The famous 'Dragon's brew'. A wicked place, and a lively one, even at this late hour. Drunken songs, raucous laughter, giggling wenches, all could be heard through the door. Some wickedness would be brewing within at this hour, but it was not for Konradr to join in the fun. He must complete his rounds of the city, checking on its watchmen.

Barrikade watched coldly from the doorway as Konradr left on his rounds. He then returned to the host of mercenaries and soldiers that were enjoying the tavern's amenities.....
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:26 am

A dark lanky figure approached from behind Konradr, slumped low, almost cautiously aproaching the beefy man.

"Konradr!?" Natooka came into view from behind the fog, or perhaps it was the smoke pouring out of the pubs and inn's that engulfed the streets of this town. Needless to say, Natooka was the sort that was lost in his own paranoia, anxieties, and innocence if he wasn't attached at the hip of his wise mentor Konradr.

"You can't be serious," Natooka's eyes glanced between the street of Inn's, pubs and his friend.

"You've been here," He waved his arm around frantically, "Ditching myself, and our duties, for the likes of..." He paused, catching just a glimpse of the man before he vanished. "Kilanos?"

Natooka barely recognized Kilanos in the drunken night, unsure if it was the same man he had met before. Natooka slouched toward Konradr, expecting some good explanation as to why he left Natooka alone with those flamboyant, and curious women at the last Inn.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 pm

meanwhile, at a dimly lit table in the corner of the Dragon's Brew, sits Dorak, a barrel chested man with thick arms, a jet black beard but bald head. He is a blacksmith and is still wearing the thick. leather apron that is the mark of that trade. His strong hands grip a mug of frothy beer though he has yet to sip. Before him the tavern is alive with activity. Orc's, goblin's, and men of all description are drinking, or playing dice. In one corner of the inn a brawl has already broken out between some men in the mercenary tabards of the Realm and Elf soldiers of the Royal Army.

Dorak sits and twiddles a coin through his fingers. It is a large coin of barad'Dun, but it is stained red like blood. A serving wench waddles by caring jugs of ale. She glances down at Dorak's unfinished Beer, shakes her head then continues on. She has learned never to ask what business a patron has at the inn, especially when they are not drinking. It could only be shady.

A large shadow suddenly looms over the seated Dorak. He is tall, wearing torn skins and leather scraps, with strong, lanky arms and hands with untrimmed finger nails. A mop of sandy hair flows down the sides of a face hidden in shadow.

"Taco" The large hulk says.

"They don't serve that here. Go to the Azeteca Inn, they serve all sorts of mystery meat Taco's, with mounds of cheese and dripping in hot sauce."

The large one shook his head in dismay and pulled the hair away from his face exposing bright blue eyes.

"No, me not want to eat, Me TACO!" His huge hand tosses something on the table. It rolls then comes to a spinning stop. Another blood red coin identical to the one Dorak has been fidgeting with.

"Oh, you're the mountain troll, yes?"

"Yes, me Taco."

Dorak motions for the troll to sit. Taco pushes a chair out, sending another seated man nearby flying to the floor. The man gets up angrilly but Taco merely stares at him and the man backs off and dissappears into the crowd.

"You've been to what used to be Outpost 7 in the western mountains?" Dorak asks quietly.

"Yes, Tok Pass." Taco grunts while eyeing Dorak's beer. The blacksmith slides the brew over and taco guzzles it down. Foam drips from the thin beard on the troll's face.

"Right, Outpost 7 guards the top of Tok pass. But its abandoned now. The Royal Army has yet to retake it since the end of the war." Dorak said.

"No soldiers there. Spring." Taco holds up the empty mug trying to get the attention of a barmaid.

"Yeah, in the spring the Royal Army and their Mercenary auxilliaries will campaign to retake the western mountain passes. But for now, the outpost is deserted. And do you know what is rumoured to lie deep below the outpost?" Dorak looks around him nervously then leans in closer and speaks more quietly. "Hidden in one of those Dwarven mines?"

Taco drops the mug and looks at Dorak intensely. "What?" He finally grunts.

Dorak spins the blood red coin and watches it fall, face up.

"I will tell you when the other members of our group show up, the fellowship of the Red coin, so to speak." Dorak smiles.

Taco grunts and as a serving wench strolls by he grabs two jugs from her tray. She begins to protest but instead pushes away in a huff. Taco laughs. He offers one to Dorak.

"Later, for me Taco. But you go right ahead."

Taco drinks a jug down in one long, long gulp. Meanwhile Dorak has spied two familiar shapes as they enter the inn............
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:39 pm

The doors to the tavern burst forth, letting in a slight breeze from the nearby ocean. Two figures slowly entered the tavern as they doors slowly sung inward. The bouncer of the tavern lifts his eye mysteriously as he puts his fist into his hands.

''Hey, Hoods up.'' he stated in a rough voice, the sound of cracking knuckles snapping into the air. Both figures looked up at the large man, then obeyed respectively.

The first figure lifted her blue robe to reveal a pretty young woman. Her long brown hair was tied back in a pony tail as her brown eyes looked up at the bouncer. The second figure put back his white hood to reveal a young man with short hair. His old glasses reflected the candles which covered the bar walls.

"How old are you two?"
''Old enough.'' she said in a serious manner, opening her robe a bit to show a pouch....a full pouch. The man also moved his robe back to show another pouch, which he shook a bit to emphasize the amount of coins they had. The bouncer looked hard at the man, who couldn't help but look away.

''.....Fine. Don't cause any trouble....'' He stood back as they walked towards the bar. Taking a seat, the boy let out a sigh of relief as he let out an awkward laugh. His eyebrows went up in excitement as he saw Konradr a few pews down.

''Hey, It's Konradr.'' the boy said to his friend as she looked at him.
''Let's say hi then.'' she said happily as they went to see their old friend.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:15 am

The blue robed lass led the way through the throng of drunken off duty soldiers, miners, farmer's, orc's and other assorted cutthroats. She was short but strong all let her pass unmolested. The white cloaked kid; however, was growled at repeatedly.

"maybe this wasn't such a good Idea" he said, steering clear of a large, gray skinned orc that his companion passed by heedlessly. The orc hissed through yellowish incisors an inch long.

"Don't worry, let's go say hi to Konradr." She continued on. The lad stumbled after her.

"You know," she continued, "He's been promoted by Adunkhor Surt. He is now the shepard of Barad'Dun, since, well, y'know, Kurn left for service overseas. He is the Second Officer of the Realm and of the Royal Army."

"I know that." The boy mumbled. "Everyone knows that."

"Well." She said, stopping for a moment to look him dead in the eyes. "You still want to join the Royal army, don't you?"

"Of course I do."

"And so do I!" She said, and she turned to continue towards the rear of the parlor.

"You too!" The lad shouted as he tried to keep up. "But you're a...a...a... well..."

The girl spun around as fast as a cat. A flash of silver sparkled as a long, thin blade whisked through the air and slid against the boy's throat.

"A what!?" She demanded.

"A...um, a little short." He said with a gulp as the blade tickled his adam's apple.

"So are you, but if you can make it into the Army, so can I. Let's go." They walked up to the table in the farthest, darkest corner of the room where Konradr sat in the shadows.

"Hi Konradr" The two said as they stood before him.

A tall lanky fellow suddenly stepped from the bar towards the two kids, but Konradr waved him off.

"It's okay Natooka, I know them." Konradr said quickly, but quietly.

"Demie, Templar, its nice to see you, but you shouldn't be in the likes of this place."

"Neither should you Sir, but here you are." Demie said as she slid into the chair beside Konradr. Templar's eye's bugged out at his friends boldness. He stood there motionless.

"You might as well sit too boy." Konradr said and motioned to another seat. Templar took it sheepishly.

"So much for being nonchalant. I tried sneaking in through the back, but if you two can spot me that easy, I'm sure the whole tavern knows I'm here." He looked over at Natooka who simply shrugged his lanky shoulders.

"It was the white hair that gave you away." Demie said, she looked over to the tall fellow that Konradr had spoken with.

"Who's that?" she asked.

"Natooka. He's my self appointed bodyguard apparently. I can't seem to shake him, but he grows on ya after awhile." Konradr said.

"Sooooo, why are you here Konradr?" Templar asked. "I thought you didn't drink?"

Konradr rubbed his whiskered chin, looking to each one of them thoughtfully. Then he leaned forward and motioned with his hand to a table at the opposite side of the room.

"See that table over there, the one where the mountain troll is sitting?" He said softly.

The two kids glanced over.

"Damn, he's tall." Templar said.

"Kinda cute though." Demie said.

"What! He's a troll for godsake." Templar chimed in.

"Well, tall or cute, it doesn't matter." Konradr said irritably, "He and that other fellow are planning something, and I want to know what it is."

All three sat back and quietly began spying on the far table.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:34 am

"Ah, the 'Dragon's Brew'," he mumbled to himself as he raised his mug to his lips, "and as fine a night as this." He exhaled with satisfaction.

'Hmm' he thought to himself, as he gazed around the room, carefully eying each patron for signs of interest. For you see, Strider often came to the 'Dragon's Brew', but not for the house's heavenly mead or even the lovely maidens. No, he comes in search of adventure, if only to keep his attention. The norm of every day life had stricken him with a sense of unfathomable boredom. To suit his active personality, he had adapted to using his roguish talents and rangers perceptions at a young age to go to work for him. Low and behold, his talents had uncovered several possible leads. For it seemed that tonight the tavern was especially popular....

He had positioned himself two tables away from the main attraction this night. The bloody troll, and his seemingly undisturbed companion. Far enough away to avoid suspicion, but close enough to make out the deep grumbles of "speech" and sly conversation.

"Outpost 7 on Tok Pass.... And Barad'Dun's own Royal Army, huh?" He ran over this information in his head, and what of the bloody coin? And as all this processed, his ranger's peripheral kicked in.

"Konra-?!" His voice choked out before his mind cut the sound. He fidgeted his head right, as the troll's perked up for a moment and then swigged his third brew and burped. 'Why hadn't I noticed the old sea dog?' He thought.

"That sly devil." He smirked as his situation had just gotten all the less boring.

As he quickly threw his cloak hood up and shifted his position, he made sure both of his separate parties were securely in his line of sight.

"How coincidental that our 'Shepherd' just happens to be in the Dragon this night.... Yes I'm sure it's purely coincidental" He said quietly, while laughing off the ploy of being as meager minded as that. He finished his house special and began to study his new prey. Who were these two others with him? A young couple that happened upon him as he did, he supposed. He recognized the face of Templar, a new recruit, but could not see the woman's face. He noticed Konradr and party glance over at the troll's table several times, and tried to make out what they might be saying. No doubt that they found them as interesting as he himself did. But, Strider knew he had the upperhand on Konradr's limited audio position. He waved over the seasoned, and well endowed, waitress to his table. "Honey mead, Milady. Extra honey if you will." "Yes Sir~" She chimed and blushed as the rogue winked. Away she went and back in a flash. Gulping his mug, he stretched out and let the show unfold.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:15 pm

As Strider watched, another unusual couple walked in through the tavern doors.

Fangorn the Dwarf eyed the room coldly from his 3 foot perspective. His mail armor, nearly dragging the ground, shuffled and clinked with each step he took. Over his shoulder, his ever present tool of both work and war. It was half mining pick and half war hammer, and Fangorn was as adept at splitting rocks as he was knee caps. His other noticable feature was the scar that ran from his brow to his chin, straight through the left eye which was now covered by a patch of leather. One fool remarked that Fangorn looked like a midget Pirate in a school play. That fool should have been wearing plate knee armor, for both knee's were smashed to pieces with two mighty swings of 'BoneSnapper', Fangorn's hammer.

His companion was just as dark and deadly as the Dwarf, but he was much taller and slender. Dressed from head to foot in black, it was the Wood elf known only as 'M'. No one in Barad'Dun knew his real name or why he had traveled from Middle Earth to the Southern Continent. What everyone did know was that M's heart was as black as his clothes. strapped to his back was was 'Agarsul' (bloodwind), his ever present crimson colored bow, with gold embossed Elven runes. The words were rumored to be an incantation that made his red arrows fly straight and true to the heart of whomever was his target. Weather this be true or not, his aim was deadly. The bow, the arrows and his silver, curved dagger were the only items he wore that were not black.

These two looked about the room, quietly, seeking someone. The Bouncer took a look at them an their weapon's but was afraid to approach them. He looked bor Barrikade but the giant was nowhere to be seen. Sweat beaded on the man's brow.

Fangorn and M, having spotted their quarry, pushed past him. The Dwarf snickered mockingly at the bouncer who wore studded leather armor and carried a spiked buckler and had a large, curving scimitar hung from his belt.

"No knee armor, eh boy?" Fangorn said in passing. "Better not mind our business too closely or you might end up hobbling around on stumps."

The Bouncer nodded then moved away.

The pair made their way to Dorak and the Mountain Troll's table. Taco put down his ale mug and stared at the two menacingly with froth dripping down his beard.

Fangorn was the first to produce a blood red coin which he placed on the table. M drew his from a pouch within his black cloak, and flicked it. It rolled onto the table and twirled like a ballerina. Dorak slammed his hand down on it.

"We're trying not to bring too much attention to our business here M." Said the blacksmith, removing his big brawny hand from the table. The coin had fallen face up. The face was that of a recently deceased Adunakhor of Barad'Dun. None other than Arthanor, who had begun the great war of the Southern Continent with his march through the Talath Gaya after the wild Horsemen who had stolen the magical 'Sand Princess' from the mysterious desert Elves of Elumbra. Arthanor had met his end at the pass of Tamarcirith along with most of the Royal Army.

"Have a seat gentlemen, we are waiting for one more." Dorak said as he raised his arm to alert the serving wench that they would need more spirits.

"We've already attracted some attention." M said. "Konradr Greywolf watches us from the otherside of the room."

"What?" Dorak said in surprise. He looked and saw the old man sitting with two companions at a table against the far wall. "Damn. But he is too far to hear us so we will be fine."

The barmaid brought the mugs and Taco grabbed the pitcher she had on her serving plate.

"This mine." he said with a cheesy trollish grin. The barmaid left in a huff. "Who Konradr?" He asked before putting the pitcher to his lips and draining it dry.

"He's an officer of the Royal Army." Dorak said. "How did you know he was here M?"

"His white hair gives him away." M smiled. "An easy target for Agarsul." M laughed, one of the few times anyone would ever see him do it.

"Only if he becomes a problem my friend." Dorak said, and then he too drained a mug of ale.

Strider had seen the spinning coin, but could not tell what kind it was. Interesting, he thought, a fellowship of some sort. They too had spotted Konradr, and apparently did not bode him well. The man should wear a hood over that mane of his before it gets him killed. He sipped at his honey mead and waited for more to unfold. Adventure was surely beckoning on this night. But to what side would Strider find himself on.

"Two more." Templar said rather excitedly.

"Not too loudly boy." Konradr hushed him. "We can count."

"What do you think they are up to?" Templar asked. Konradr shook his head and ran his fingers through his white hair.

"I'd like to know what coins those are. They each have one. Blood red, interesting." The old man said.

"I'll get one." Demie said suddenly. She pulled the hood of her blue cloak over her head.

"Whoa girl, I don't want you getting mixed up in this." Konradr said, putting a restraining hand on Demie's arm.

"Don't fear Konradr, It won't be me risking my neck to get one." She smiled "You two are such great spy's, haven't you noticed that one of Barad'Dun's greatest thief's is present in the inn tonight?"

Konradr eyed the crowd. He saw drunken soldiers, drunken miners, drunken Orc's and other drunken louts, but a thief?

"Who?"

Demie pointed to the Bar. "There, Strider."

Konradr spotted the long blonde pony tail and lean, slim figure of Strider sitting at the bar sipping at a mug.

"Strider? He's an Army initiate, just like you two." Konradr said.

"Yes, but I know he is also the 'Golden shadow' the famous thief. He can get one of those coins for us."

Konradr smiled and released his hand form Demie's arm.

"By all means Girl. Go and charm him into our spy ring, eh."

Demie left and headed towards the unsuspecting lad at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Natooka shifted uncomfortably as he glanced around the bar. Perhaps there was a reason for Konradr to leave him behind, this was no place for a monk of Natooka's caste.

"Try to enjoy yourself a little eh?" Konradr had said before they entered the unfolding scene inside.

It was obvious by his tense figure and sunken posture there was nothing enjoyable about this situation. He glanced across the room, and tried to follow the flow of conversations and events unfolding around the inn, while keeping a keen eye on Konradr and the others. There was clearly something to be learned from these Royal Army folk.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 am

"Two more.... Fangorn and M? I suppose it is to be expected, no better hands for hire could be found." As he finished his quiet sentence, Strider noticed a change in movement in the general area. He glanced over at Konradr's table and spied the blue cloaked woman making her way toward him.

"Come on, not now!" He hissed. But it seemed his frustration was preempt. She appeared to be more covert then he would have thought possible.

"Strider." She announced tacitly. "Well, if it isn't Demie Zephyra. Kudos, on your artful display of shadow walking." He retorted. "I'm sure you're aware of this new development here in the Dragon." "But of course," she said "Why do you think I've approached you?" He huffed under his breath as he rose his mug towards Konradr. "I assume I've been contracted by the Shepherd to attain a coin of special interest...." "Oh what a smart lad you are, Strider." Demie mocked. He gave her a stoic look and laughed quietly while reaching into his pocket.

"As I'm sure the sea dog has noticed, these coins of theirs are deep copper. A tint of red it seems." He said while running an unknown plot through his mind. "Yes and?" She said, peering at his hand's newly uncovered item.

"I just happen to have several old and worn copper pieces of my own. A tint of red not unlike the ones of our dark fellowship." He told her, clearing up any questions of hers as her mind clicked into place.

"Oh I see now!" Demie said. "Your going to replace one of theirs with your own. But won't they notice?"

"Ah, well you see Demie, they will be too busy conversing about this plan of theirs to notice in great detail that this replacement is a fake. And while the hustle and bustle of my plan falls into place, you three will leave out the back and meet me down by the Market District's fountain." He finished his sentence and gave himself a mental "pat on the back". "But how will you go about it?" She said softly. "Just watch me." He finished, and as Demie made her way back to Konradr and Templar, Strider went to work.

He got up from his seat with mug in hand and coin prepared, and stumbled his way around towards the Troll's deadly assortment. He made his way by the table and "slipped" and grasped for it with coin hand out, quickly switching real and replacement. He fell down to one knee, then rolled over onto the floor, spilling what was left of his mead. 'I'm sorry Honey Mead' He sorrowfully thought. 'Ti's for the greater good'.

"ARG!" The troll bellowed as he got up and lifted Strider off the floor by his neck. "YOU SPILL ALE ON ME, LITTLE MAN!" He pulled him closer to his group of nasty sharp teeth. His breath, the stench of dead.... Something. Strider gagged as he tried to keep composure. The rest of the table got up with hands on weapons, all but Fangorn, or maybe he was standing up?

"I'm terribully sorrrrry, my good sir troll." Strider slurred out, while attempting to inhale air. "Plees, let m' make reparashuns with two rownds for yer table!" "Hmm." The troll paused "Little man make good sounds." "Ok, I let you down."

As Strider hit the floor, he grasped for his pouch inside his cloak. He threw it on the table and shouted to the barmaid "Eight pints of mead, please!" "I'm terribbly sorree." He apologized once again. The men settled down and the troll merely grunted. Strider collected himself and bowed as he backed away.

As the table sat, once again discussing possibly illicit activity and enjoying a new round, Strider made his way out the back. Once again successful.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am

meanwhile outside the weather had turned for the worse and a storm had blown in and a nearly sucken ship had arived at the docks,one passenger wearing and odd mix of eastern and rohirin clothing departed the ship and walked down the street lookin for an inn in which to rest.

back inside the bar suddenly from outside came sounds of a loud stuggle and seconds later along with the sounds of a sword bein sheathed walked in the tall oddly dressed man.this man with long brown hair and strange clothing caught nearly everyones attention as he eyed the room they stared right back.

suddenly he started to the bar,the bar keep looked him up and down eyeing his incredibly lond curved sword that hung from his shoulder almost touching the floor and nervousely asked what can i do you for,the man said ill take the strongest drink in the house.the other patrons slowly lost interest and resumed there activities and he sat and began to fiddle with a coin an odd red coin that caught the attention of a particular table.

the bar keep asked what had been the comotion outside the man gave an evil grin and said some fool bump me on my way in so i insisted he apoligize for his clumsiness and he refused and acted as though he desired a fight,needless to say he wont be walkin for a while,he droped this coin and i decided to keep it,oh and someone may want to help that man outside befor he bleeds to death,the man began to drink his beverege while playin with that bright red coin he had no idea what he had happened into and sat drinking quietly.

ps:ive never realy tried my hand at this kinda thing befor hope i did ok if not ignore it and move on Razz im realy enjoying the story to this point Smile
Back to top Go down
Whisper

Whisper

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:12 am

"Please, kind sir! Please!" shouted a young girl in tears. She pleaded with the large bouncer who stood at the door to bar. Her dress stained with mud, her hair in tangled trusses to her shoulders, the girl dropped to her knees. She was small enough to begin with. On the ground, she looked like a helpless mouse, begging for just one second of kindness.

"My father is in there and I need him! My mother....she is not well. She could leave us at any moment. Please!"

As if by some sort of bewitching magic, Barrikaide agreed to let her in, but only for a moment.

"Thank you, sir. Thank you! May you forever be blessed," said the girl as she stepped inside.
She scanned the room quickly, hoping to lock onto her target with ease. At the bar was a long haired man who seemed like the only person she was willing to risk making angry.

"Sir?" she said meekly, her face still stained from her tears.

"What?" he answered, not looking away from his drink.

"Please, sir. You must help me. My mother, she is sick and I cannot afford the remedies to her illness. She could die!"

"I don't care," said the man. He turned around, however, and quickly realized that he'd made a mistake. Before him was a girl who could not have been more than ten years old, in tears at the potential loss of her dear mother. He could muster up at least some compassion for a little girl.

"I'm sorry," he said, "I didn't realize.....What is your name?"
"Whisper."
"Whisper.....Here." The man held out a handful of coins to her. Whisper took them, wide eyed and grinning.
"Sir, you have done a great thing. Maybe now, my mother can get better. May you forever be blessed."

With that, Whisper left the bar. At the door, she told Barrikaide that her father must have left. Wiping her fake tears away, she began her walk home, happily twirling the pouch of coins that she'd conned away from the man at the bar.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:19 am

the man thought to himself what an odd girl haveing known her tears were fake he had decided to play along he had only given her a small portion of his coins anyways this small outburst had again brought him to the attention on the patrons and this time he seemed a compleatly diferent man,befor gloating about the disableing of a man outside now giveing his money to a small girl in need.who was this man and what was he doing here?????
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:39 am

Demie's cloak dragged on the ground a few inches behind her small feet as she paced circles around the fountain. Templar splashed his reflection, deep in thought.

"He's taking a while..." said Natooka, rather quietly to the group.

"Yes, he is..." said Templar, "What if he fails?"

"He won't fail," said Konradr, staring at the fountain, "Not if he's doing it for me."

"He is Strider, after all." said Demie.

Their words were still not comforting. Templar was still worried; less for the coin, more for his fellow Royal Army Initiate. The mountain troll was frighteningly large, and Strider was only one man.

"But, what if he did fail?"

"Then, we go back to the bar and save him before the troll kills him. Sure, Taco is large, but we four can take him on. If not....well, we bring the body back for a proper burial," said Konradr, only half joking. If he could take on stormy seas and a drunken Oddvar, he could certainly handle a troll. One man versus three fighters and a troll, however, was simply unfair.
Just as Konradr was about to say something else, Strider's blonde hair came into view over the heads of countless market-goers. He walked briskly toward the fountain, his hands buried deep into his pockets. He smiled slyly as he approached the group.

"Well?" asked Templar, anxious to discover the results of the theft.

"Well...," said Strider, " An odd man outside the bar attacked me. He got the coin."

"What?!" exclaimed Natooka, to the surprise of the others.

"Don't worry." Strider pulled one of his hands from his pocket. There in between his fingers was one of the red coins from the bar. "I move quickly. He didn't have it for more than half a second before I pulled yet another switch. You owe me extra for that."

Konradr smiled. "That's how it's done, boy. That's how it's done." He took the coin and held it up, studying every mark on its surface.

"And one more thing..." said Strider. A cold seriousness suddenly appeared on his face.

"You four owe me nine drinks, and I expect them by the end of the day."
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Natooka let a grin slide across his face. 'I seem to have underestimated this man.' He thought to himself.

Intrigued by the thief, he flicked a coin toward Strider.

"I believe your friends are waiting for their drinks." He glanced at the table and back to Demie, she was a striking and innocent looking girl... what was she doing here?

It was becoming clear the West was nothing like the eastern monastery he was born and raised in. The laws of the land were different here.

"I don't know if its just me," Natooka said looking at Konradr, "But maybe we should put some distance between us, and the table our friend Strider just robbed blind?" Natooka eyed the large troll across the room.

"No offense, Strider." He grinned.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:44 pm

"Excellent Strider, or Golden Shadow, whichever you prefer." Konradr said as he held the coin up to view it. The face was unmistakable.

"That's Arthanor!" He said amazed. He hefted the coin in his hand, weighing it. "And it's gold."

"Gold!?" the other's gasped in amazement.

"But its red?" Strider said. "Like copper. Is it mixed with copper?"

"No, this has something to do with Arthanor's reign, or perhaps the Royal Army." He held it up again, studying it in the light of a street torch.

"This is Royal Army gold. A payroll!" He flipped it up and down. "I don't know why its red, but I know someone who might know."

He headed down an alley quickly.

"Come on, we'll wake the old dwarf up. The keeper of the archives no less." He said never breaking stride.

Strider hesitated.

"You too strider. I want to hear everything you overheard. Come on lad."

And thus they all headed away from the dragon's brew and towards the city center, and the golden tower, which even by moonlight, shone brightly its amber colored hue.

None noticed that four shadows watched them from another alley. One of which was tremendously huge and still drinking from a pitcher of ale.

"We must find a new thief." Dorak said quietly to his companions. "Someone killed the one I had hired."

"What about the man who killed him?" M asked. "Should I put an arrow through his heart?"

"Not now M, let that one be. I know a thief, lets go rouse him. Konradr is on our trail now. We should be off by the morrow's light."

A little girl wandered up to them.

"Gentle Sir's, please, my mother is ill..."

All four glowered at her.

"Little girl, a snack to mountain troll's." Taco said with a froth covered grin.

The girl ran off shrieking in the night. The four laughed.

"I should give her a coin for the act she put on in the Brew. That was pretty good." Fangorn said.

The four continued to watch Konradr's group as it dissappeared in the darkness, then they themselves departed.

From the door of the Inn, Barrikade watched both groups as they left.

"Good riddence." he said, then slammed the door shut.

The ronin with the long brown hair, also watched from a small window, while drinking another glass of rice wine.

Hmmm, he wondered to himself, these coins I have won't last long and their are two groups that may be in need of a swordsmen with exceptional talent. Which will it be.

He flipped the red colored coin he had recently picked up.

"To fate. Heads or tails...."
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 6:15 am

so the man rose from his seat at the bar and headed outside where he noticed both groups heading in seperate direction the coin had landed heads so he would persue the white haired man and his group so he chased them down.

as he aproached demie suddenly turned and drew her blade saying" strider is this the man that attacked you?but befor he could answer the man in black threw up his hand sayin it had not been him but he had limped some shady character out in the front of the bar and had takein a strange red coin from him.then the man suddenly said "i apologize i have not introduced myself my name is edgar dernhelm and i am a wonderer and happened upon this place by chance,the boat that brought me here is in disrepair and i seem to be stuck here for a while,i have little money and i was under the impression from watchin your rather intence conversation from that window that you may have need of a mercenary and so i came to offer my services.

the group not sure if they should trust this man in black began to speak amongst themselves,edgar not bein one to evesdrop simply stood and waited for there answer.all the while wondering what hed be geting himself into and also wondering if they would have him as an ally or would turn him away.he was sure the man he had cut down was with the other group at this point havein realized from the glaces that konrads groups kept takein at his new coin that these coins were at the center of the situation and that the other group would likely attack him if he attempted to join them.he had beatin the man outside easiely enough but had no desire to take on a troll and his three companions even he would not emerge unscathed.suddenly the four stoped talking,turned to edgar and looked at him.what would they say would he be joining them?would they attack him and try to take the coin?he stood silently hopeing for the best but more than ready for the worst.

well hope that wasnt to bad Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:51 am

Konradr stepped forward, eyeing the man closely, especially the long hilt of his sword which was bound in black with a white chrysanthium painted on the pommel.

"Draw your sword Edgar, let me have a look at it." he said.

Edgar drew the long, curved blade with one, quick movement. It's gleaming blade lit up the dark street like a star.

Konradr stepped closer and held up his hands.

"May I?" Edgar hesitated, looking at the other's to guage if this was a trick or not. "Fear not, we are all members of the Royal Army, and we don't live by trickery. I will treat you with honor and respect, until you do something that would desearve less."

Edgar, moved by the man's words, placed his sword in Konradr's hands. The old norseman moved it about in a few arc's, the light but sharp blade sang in the air. He thumbed the pommel and it's white flower.

"I have not seen a sword like this in ages. I once sailed to a place lost in the far reaches of the Eastern Sea. I remember swords like this and especially," He thumbed the chrysanthium. "This flower. It was the symbol of the house of Shura, if I remember correctly?"

"Yes," Edgar said "Yes, it is. Given to me by the Lord of the house after 3 years of steadfast loyalty to him. You see, I was shipwrecked on that strange Eastern shore. They took me in, fed me, nursed me back to health and then trained me to be one of their warriors."

Konradr nodded and handed the sword back. Edgar slid it silently back into its long, black sheath.

"But they exist no longer." Edgar muttered, his grin fading fast. "The house of Shura was burnt to the ground, all within it were killed. I was not there at the time."

Edgar stood quietly for a moment, his eyes a mist and looking far off into the past. "But my wife and child were."

He rubbed a small amulet he wore about his neck. A child's amulet, but he seemed to smile again as he rubbed it and thought of a past life that no longer existed.

"I am now, the last Shuratai, warrior of the house of Shura."

"We could use a man like you in the Royal Army." Konradr said. "But for now, since you are apart of this, you may join us if you like."

Konradr spun about and again headed down the street leading towards the tower quarter of the city. Everyone smiled at Edgar and he joined them in their rush to keep up with the old man from the sea.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:42 am

After a brisk jaunt of a half hour, they came to a large stone wall, built in the same amber stone as the tower itself. They came to a gate of solid iron with a sleepy Royal Army soldier at guard. He wore the Khaki tabard of the Realm with the red star and golden tower emblazoned on its center. His face was hidden behind a helmet of iron with a face mask of molded leather. His shield was a kite, also with the crest of Barad'Dun on it, whose tip was resting on the ground. He wore a hand axe on his belt and held a halbard upright in his right hand whose tip was edge was long and honed to a silvery sharpness.

Konradr stepped into the torchlit gateway and the guard came to attention.

"Is Gonor home?" Konradr asked.

"Yes Shepherd." The guard said briskly in a voice with a sindarin accent.

"Good, let me and party pass."

The guard snapped to attention and pulled the gate open with a loud squeal of its massive iron hinges.

Konradr, followed closely by Natooka, Demie, Templar, Strider and the Last Shuratai went in.

There was no one in the atrium where there was a desk and several chairs. Konradr led the way down the hall and pushed open a wooden door ornately carved with images of the white tree of Numenor.

Here they passed through a huge room with rows upon rows of bookshelf's that stretched from floor to ceiling. Dusty leather bound codex's and parchment scrolls took up space on every shelf.

"These," Konradr motioned, "Are the archives that were saved from destruction during the siege. The majority, alas, were lost." As immense as the room and its collection was, it was hard to believe it was only a fraction of Barad'Dun's archive's and library of knowledge.

Soon they came to another door and Konradr pushed through this one as well. Inside was a parlor with a huge fireplace, several smaller bookshelves, a couple of tables, a large upholstered chair and a few lit torches. A fire was also blazing in the fireplace and the room was warm and bathed in golden light.

"Gonor, you old dog, where are you?" Konradr bellowed.

A figure woke with a start but hidden from view in the upholstered chair that faced the fireplace.

"What?" he said with a start as he rose from his hidden roost. "Who rouses me? It's late. Or is it morning already?"

The old Dwarf in his woolen cloak stood away from the chair and adjusted the thick glasses he wore above a long, narrow nose. His head was bald save for two enormous white sideburns that grew down his face and formed a long, pointy beard with a matching moustache.

"Oh, it is you Shepherd. Welcome, welcome indeed, how may I be of assistance. Or did you come to play a game of hneftafl?" Gonor then noticed the strange entourage that followed Konradr into the room.

"My my, you brought guests. Let me get some tea."

"No time old friend." Konradr said softly as he put a hand onto Gonor's arm to keep him from leaving. "I need you to look at something and tell me what it is."

Gonor looked at Konradr's grave expression and at the same look on all his companions and nodded. "Yes, yes, of course."

Konradr pulled the red colored coin from his pouch and handed it to the old Dwarf.

the fellow adjusted his glasses and studied the coin slowly in the flickering light of the fireplace. He flipped it over, ran a finger over it then flipped it again. He looked at Konradr and sighed.

"I haven't seen one of these in a long time my friend."

"You know it?" Konradr pointed to the face on the coin. "That's Arthanor isn't it?"

"Yes, yes, it is. That stupid, vain fool." Gonor shook his head and rubbed the coin. "I counciled against the campaign to the Talath Gaya, did you know that? Fool's errand. Pshht what did those desert elves ever do for Barad'Dun." He shook his head again.

"Konradr says the coin is gold and meant for the Royal Army." Strider said.

"Yes boy, it is." Gonor rubbed it again. "The Desert elves gave Arthanor a present of Red gold. Red! Can you believe it. No one has ever seen red gold. They don't even know where the Elves got it. Probably in their hidden oasis of Elumbra."

"The famous red gold of Elumbra. I have actually heard of it." Edgar said.

"Arthanor melted it down and minted enough coins to fill ten chests. Ten! My my that was alot of coins. It was the payroll for the Royal Army, plus their bonus of course, meant to be given when they returned in victory from the east. Never happend of course, poor fools. I was in the city when Arthanor's head came bouncing along the street. Heaved by an Orc catapult. Splat, Splat, Splat ha! what a sight." Gonor grinned. "Stupid Arthanor."

"So what happend to all those chests of gold?" Templar said, excitement rising in his young voice.

"Well, no one alive really knows. Rumors are that it was hidden in the mountains somewhere awaiting Arthanor and his Army to return."

Konradr looked at Strider. "Tok pass." He said.

"Outpost 7." Strider finished.

"But that's just a guard post. It would've been looted by the enemy as they marched through the pass." Demic chimed in.

"Yes, my dear." Gonor said, "But Outpost 7 was built atop a large, Dwarven mine. The mines of Dredd, a distant relative of mine, as a matter of fact. Sealed up by the Royal Army, of course, after the Goblin/Dwarf wars, but still there. Huge, plenty of room to hide ten treasure chests, plus booby traps and god knows what else, now that the Royal Army is not there anymore."

Konradr smiled. "Thank you Gonor, you have been a blessing. Go back to sleep. I will send you a amphora of your favourite mead in the morning."

"I smell an adventure Konradr," Gonor said. "Take me with you."

Konradr put his arm about the old Dwarves bony shoulder's. "Sorry old fellow. You'd better stay here and let us younger lads handle this adventure."

Gonor looked at Konradr's own mane of white hair and scoffed. "Who are you calling old?"

Both men chuckled and embraced one another.

"I suppose you are right. Good luck old friend, and come back soon to share that mead with me."

"I will, and I shall bring my friends," He motioned to the others. "If that is okay?"

"Of course." Gonor rubbed the red coin again and a gleam came to his eyes. He held it back to Konradr reluctantly.

"Keep it old friend. It is your 'cut' of this adventure." Konradr said. Gonor smiled and nodded his thanks.

"Gonor?" Strider spoke up again. "You said this Dredd fellow was a distant relative. Do you have any, er, maps or something of these mines of his?"

"Sorry boy. None exist that I know of, but the mines are there. You will have to find the entrance yourself and then explore. Be careful where you put your feet! We Dwarves are clever when it comes to traps."

"Thank you Gonor." Konradr said, "Now we must be off, it is getting close to dawn and we have much to do."

With that, the sheperd spun about and briskly lead the way out the door.

"Here we go again." Demie said, and they all hustled out after him.

Gonor sat back in his chair and smiled as the firelight made the red coin glow like burning bronze.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 am

Beyond the gate and its ever watchful guard, the group hustled to a quiet town square. A fountain with a statue of a Naked youth peeing pure, clear water into the coin filled basin sat directly in the center of the square surrounded by several lit lamp posts.

Konradr brought his group to a halt here. He looked earnestly at each one. Templar's excited face whose eyes threatend to bulge out through his glasses. Demie's pretty look with its mix of East and West and the quiet, calm determination in her young eyes. Strider, the Golden Shadow, with his stoic, laid back contenance, standing next to tall, lanky Natooka, hiding within the hood of his monk's robes and finally Edgar, edgy with energy.

"Fate has brought us all together and I am calling on all of you, on behave of myself, the Kingdom and the Adunakhor, to help us retrieve this lost treasure. It belongs to Barad'Dun, but we know there is another group out to get it. We must find it first."

None of the group said anything. They were all lost in thought.

"Most of you are members of the Royal Army. True, you are initiates, but we have accepted you into our brotherhood of Courage, Discapline and Loyalty above all. I am asking you to come with me. The gold will go to the Realm, but there will be a nice reward for each of us. I guarantee that."

The faces of the group brightend with that last revelation.

"I'm in." Demie said. "Me too." Shouted Templar. The other's followed with a simple nodd or "yes". Strider was the last, he thought long and hard about it, then smiled. "Yeah, why not, sounds good."

"Thank you. I trust each of you completely, none the less, its alot of gold. Therefore, I require we make a pact to one another in blood, that we shall stand by one another no matter what, life or death, until we see that treasure brought home to the Realm."

Konradr produced his long bladed dagger and slit a gash in his thumb. As blood oozed out he held the thumb outwards towards the others. Demie did the same and pressed he thumb against Konradr's. Templar was a bit squeamish so Strider cut both his own thumb and Templar's and both lad's held their thumbs against Demie's and Konradr's.

Natooka held his hand out, palm open. "The God's forbide me to draw blood." He said.

"Are you with us?" Konradr asked.

"Of course." He said. Suddenly the wind whispered at a silver flash left a gash in Natooka's thumb. The Monk stared in astonishment as blood seeped out. "Thank you Edgar" Natooka grinned. "Hopefully the god's will forgive you." He then pressed his thumb against the other's as did Edgar after slicing his own thumb on the blade of his beautiful sword.

"There, we are bound to one another come glory or death." they withdrew their hands.

"It is almost dawn. Go home, get a few winks, then wake early, pack your things and meet me a the southeast Gate."

"Shouldn't we leave by the East Gate?" Strider asked.

"Is that would you expect us to do?" Konradr asked.

"Yes."

"Then that is what THEY will expect us to do." Strider nodded in agreement.

"Now go, hurry home and watch your back. See you at dawn." The group slowly broke up.

Edgar stood motionless, as did Natooka.

"I have no where to stay for night." Edgar said.

A voice spoke out from the darkness. "Come with me Edgar, I have a warm couch." It was Demie, already hidden within her blue hood.

"What?" Came templar's voice from the darkness.

"We're blood brother's kiefy kief." She said sternly, "So put a sock in it." Templar grumbled as he left.

"I like her, she's got some spunk." Edgar said. "See you at dawn." and with that he and Demie left.

It was now just Natooka and Konradr.

"Go on old friend, I will be fine." But Natooka didn't move. "I can make it an order as your Shepherd."

"And if I don't go?" Natooka asked.

"I'll call the guard."

Natooka huffed, then spun around and dissappeared into the darkness. "Just don't leave without me."

"Wouldn't think of it. You're my lucky charm."

Soon Konradr was alone by the fountain bathed in torchlight, or so he thought. A tall shadow suddeny loomed next to him. His Norse instinct's made him spin about and draw his short sword 'Goblin gutter'.

"Who goes there?"

Taco the mountain troll suddenly stood out of the darkness. Konradr gasped and thought to himself, damn, after I sent everyone else away.

"Laying in Ambush eh?" Konradr said, "Well, I won't be so easy to take my friend, I promise you that."

Taco suddenly belched loudly. The stench of ale blew into Konradr's face. The troll then grinned.

"Taco drink too much ale tonight."

Konradr didn't know what to make of this. "and I suppose now you're going to fart and tell me you ate too many children tonight."

Taco laughed, laughed so hard he did fart.

"I guess you right." The troll grinned again. "You funny man. I like you."

Now Konradr was really confused and he stood there with his sword wavering uselessly in the air.

"Put that away." Taco said. "I no want to fight you."

What is his game? Konradr thought, but he took a breath, steeled his nerve and slid 'Goblin gutter' back into its sheath.

"So what is it you want?"

"I Taco," Taco threw out a big hand in greeting. Konradr hesitated, then shook the massive mitt. "I came here to fight with Royal Army."

"You want to be an Intiate in the Army?" Konradr was stunned again, will this Troll not cease to amaze him.

"No, that stupid, I want to be a mercenary. I form unit, called Black Lions, I am captain."

"Okay, so what were you doing in the 'Dragon's Brew' with those others?" The Sheperd asked.

"We hunt for gold. This winter, Army not on campaign, no work for mercenaries, no money."

"Yes, its off season for pillage and plunder. That comes in the spring. Don't you worry, there will be plenty to go around then."

The troll grinned again.

"Yes, but I need money now. Sorry, I must go and find gold."

"That gold belongs to the Realm of Barad'Dun, Taco." Konradr was beginning to worry again about the Troll's motives and his finger's instinctively stroked the hilt of his sword.

"No, Dorak say that gold belong to who find it, and that be us." Taco began to think. Steam rose from his head as he did so. It seemed almost painful. "I no want to make enemy with Royal Army, with you."

Konradr's hand left the hilt of his sword and he stroked his whiskered chin. The Troll seemed earnest enough, could he be telling the truth?

"So why are you telling me this?"

"I know you go after gold too. I just say, Taco won't cross blades with Konradr."

It was an Oath, by the Gods, an oath to not fight one another, but what Troll ever made and Oath. Did this Troll from the Northern mountains have a sense of honor? Konradr thought, eyeing the tall figure before him in utter astonishment.

"What you say?"

"I am an Officer of the Realm and of the Royal Army. If I agree, I am honor bound to abide by it. But are you?"

"Yes, I want fight with Royal Army and Adunakhor in Spring, I keep oath." Taco said, having a bit of a hard time saying 'adunakhor'.

"Well, I'm sure Surt would love to see you and your Black Lions." Konradr heaved a sigh of reluctance. What the hell, he thought. "Okay Taco, I'll not cross blades with you either, I swear."

Taco suddenly pulled a dagger from his belt and Konradr jumped back and again drew 'Goblin Gutter'.
But the Troll did not advance on him, instead he slit his thumb and held it out towards him.

Shit, Konradr thought, he was watching us the whole time. Konradr cut his thumb again and held it against the troll's. He marveled how Taco's thumb was three time's bigger than his own.

"Good luck Konradr of the Royal Army." Taco said, putting his dagger away and licking his thumb.

"Good luck to you, Taco."

With that the hulk began to draw away, but turned once more to face Konradr.

"I promise not to draw blades, but I like grapple too." The grin returned to his face and then he was gone, his heavy feet padding with unbelievable softness on the cobblestoned street.

Konradr groaned. "I hate grappling."

"Well, its not blades." Natooka said as he reemerged from the dark. "What have you gotten yourself into now. He got you to promise not to cross swords with him, but he can still pound you into unconsciousness by sitting on you."

"I should have known you didn't leave." Konradr said as he turned abruptly and headed down another alley. Natooka hurried after him.

"Where are you going? That is not the way to your ship or your house?" Natooka asked as he caught up to him.

"No, I need to find someone who knows how to grapple, and luckily, I know just the person and where he is right now."

Off they went on another nightly errand.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:43 am

Dorak, meanwhile, led M and Fangorn through a maze of dark , narrow alleyways in the quarter of Barad'Dun known as the Hadash. This was the haven of all things wicked in the city. It was an enclave of Easterlings from Middle Earth, of Goblin's and Orc's and dark hearted men. The streets here were narrow and twisting and always bathed in shadows.

In one narrow corner stood a two storey building that slightly leaned out over the alley. Dorak led his group into the downstares room. Here, sitting by a table topped with the leftover carcass of a pig, and a pitcher of Date wine, sat a large, fat Orc. The Orc wore dirty, chain mail and had a double bladed axe resting on his lap. He began to rise when Dorak entered.

"Here Lago, this is for you." He tossed a Silver talent to the Orc. A large green hand caught the coin and the Orc eyed it and the three figures in the doorway. Finally he nodded over his shoulder.

"Go on then." He said in a deep, crackling voice. "There's several to choose from." He grinned but his grin was missing several teeth and those that were still there looked like short, black nails.

"Thank you. I'm only interested in one." Dorak said as he headed up the narrow, wooden stairwell.

"For the three of yus?" Lago said. "She's got her work cut out for her tonight." Lago sat back down laughing so hard, his belly shook.

M eyed the Orc with hatred as he passed him. He no longer nocked his bow with the number of Orc's he killed. They were always on his favourite target and he had killed hundreds.

Fangorn found himself, out of habit, checking the Orc's knees to see weather they were armoured or not. He smiled to see the Orc wore only leather knee cop's. Leather was no protection at all from his mighty hammer.

"What are we doing here?" M asked a little perturbed by the surroundings.

"We're getting our thief." Dorak led them to the top of the stairs and down a hall lined with wooden doors. The floor creaked and swayed slightly.

At the last door Dorak knocked loudly.

A sleepy voice spoke from within. "Yeah, yeah, its open."

Dorak pushed the door open and he and his companion's squeezed into the doorway.

"Blacksmith." Came the voice again followed by a girlish giggle.

"That's our thief?" M asked in astonishment.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:26 am

At the same moment that Dorak was adding to his dark fellowship, Konradr and Natooka walked through the swinging doors of the 'hobgoblin' inn.

"Another inn?" Natooka shook his head, "We gave up a night's sleep for all this debauchery."

"Give it a rest." Konradr said moving through the throng of drinker's and serving wenches. He headed towards the brightly lit back of the room where a gaming table was set below a golden chandolier. A group of men sat around the table playing cards. Before each was a stack of coins, some bigger than others. A blue haze shrouded the table like mist as several partook of the imported smoking weed from the famous hobbit Shires of Middle Earth. The game was stalled for a moment as a bevy of wenches were all talking to a portly fellow sitting against the wall. He wore a bearskin cloak over a green tunic. A broad brimmed hat, also of bearskin, hid his face from view.

"Okay girls," The big fellow said in a jovial tone. "What does Big Daddy O always tell you?"

The girl's laughed and then chimed in unison the standing orders of the Big O.

"If they don't pay to play, then pick their pockets."

"That's right." The bearskinned one said. "Now go earn some moola for the big Kahuna." The girl's headed off to make their rounds and the big Kahuna laughed and looked about the table. "Sorry gentelmen, business calls." He then looked at his cards and followed by sliding some coins into the center. "Ante up."

Konradr studied the men and the cards. Kilanos was one of them. He looked up and smiled.

"Thanks for the grubstake." his words were no longer slurred by drink.

"Three dragon Ante, eh?" Konradr said. Natooka hissed form behind him.

"Who wants to know?" The large man in the bearskin hat asked as he studied his cards.

Konradr reached over and pulled the brim of the hat up and looked into the face with a smile.

"Oddvar." Konradr said. "I thought you gave up on the girls and the cards when you joined the Royal Army."

"What would I do for fun if I did that." Oddvar said with a big grin on his broad Norse face.

"You Gentlemen do know that gambling is forbidden in this quarter of the city, right?" Natooka asked.

The other men kind of fidgeted uncomfortably in their seats, knowing that the man before them was the shepherd of Barad'Dun, answerable only to the Adunakhor himself.

"We're not playing keepsies" Oddvar said. "We're just playing to pay the wenches off. Hahaha." Oddvar shook as he laughed.

Konradr looked at Oddvar's hand. "Well, if I were you lot, I wouldn't bet any silver on what he's holding in his hand."

The other's glared at Oddvar and then folded.

"Ah, now why'd you go and say that?" He asked.

"Because I'm just wrong that way." Konradr replied. Oddvar's face went from seriously pissed to a sheepish grin.

"Yes you are. Hahaha"

"Come outside for a moment, Odd, I want to talk with you."

"Okay, I'll be back gents" Oddvar folded his own cards and piled his coins in his large belt pouch. With that he followed Konradr outside.

A salt stained breeze was blowing down the street. Somewhere in the darkness nearby was the docks, and the winter sea.

"You're spoiling my action Konradr" Oddvar said as he stood with him next to one of the poles supporting a porch awning.

"That's what I do best." He grinned. The two shook hands then embraced. "How have you been?"

"Well, just bored. Can't wait for spring. I got a two handed sword just waiting to be let out to play. Hahaha."

"Well, I need you and your two hander in the morning."

"Well, hell, if its some action, I'm in."

"Good, kiss your wenches good night and get some sleep. Meet me at the Southeastern gate at dawn."

"I'll be there."

"Dawn Oddvar."

"I won't be late. You really need me huh?" Oddvar said.

"Well someone's got to protect me from a big Mountain Troll and I couldn't think of anyone but Big Daddy O." Konradr said while adjusting Oddvar's bearskin covered hat.

"You're just jealous of the lifestyle Mr. Shepherd."

"See you at dawn." Konradr said as he turned to leave. Natooka, again hiding in the shadows, followed.

"I'll be there, I can't let anything happen to you, Mom would kill me."

"Well, I am her favourite." Konradr said without looking back. "Bring Kilanos along if you want. We could use his bow."

"alright bro." Oddvar cracked his knuckles and waited til Konradr and Natooka were gone before heading back inside.

"This is turning out to be a pretty good night."

When Oddvar returned to his table he was surprised to find a tall, ale guzzling Mountain troll sitting in his seat.

"Well I'll be damned. He wasn't kidding about the mountain troll."

Taco burped loudly and grinned through the lather dripping down his beard.

"Me Taco."

"Yeah," Oddvar said, "Me burrito. Hahaha" then he sat down opposite the giant. "I hope you play three dragon ante big guy?"

"Never play before." Taco said as he studied the cards. Steam began rising from his head. Oddvar chuckled.

"Ante up boys, we got a live one with a steaming brain. Hahaha."
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:56 am

Templar couldn't help but feel a bit steamed by what Demie had just said. How could she let a total stranger sleep in the same house as her? Not that He thought the strange man was an evil person. It's just the whole principle of the thing, ya know?

He couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that coursed through his body; the excitment of the first adventure, the fear of the unknown, and the horror of what might be coming after them, especially the giant troll from the bar before. Looking behind him, the right, and then the left, Templar let out a nervous sigh as he continued down the dirt path. Putting his hand inside his cloak, he held unto his necklace for comfort. The Hammer of the Dwarven god and a cross were fused together with silver hung low underneath his white tunic. The smooth texture brought a wave of relief to the boy as he laid his eyes unto the town church.

The huge oak doors banged loudly against the foundation. Flames flickered in the dimly lit room as the midnight bell began to toll. A dark figure loomed over a giant wooden cross that hanged on the farthest wall. As Templar closed the door, the small figure stood up and turned around. He wore a black hood which made it even more harder to identify him.

''James?'' Belowed the stranger.

''F-Father?'' He cried out in surprise. ''What are you still doing up?''

''Waiting for you obviously. Where have you been?''

''W-With my...friends.'' he wimpered.

''Friends? You mean those dangerous men from the army?!'' he cried out, moving his hand toward a giant hammer and smashing the ground with the pommel.

"Father, they're not dangerous. You know that they mean no harm. Plus you know that my real father-''

''Yur real father knew better to stay out of the army when they marched out with the desert elves! It's a miracle they didn't drag 'em by the cross around his neck!!''

''Father, the army is different now. They aren't like they used to be. I mean, you'v personally met Surt, you can't deny that he isn't a good man.''

The figure slowly walked down from the podium as he lifted his hood. The wrinkles in his face were visible in the low lighting, as was the white texture in his beard.
''I know our King is a good man. But you know how I feel about you being with them. Violence does not answer the questions of our gods.''

''But neither does standing around and doing nothing. I joined the army because I want to be a full-fledged Templar, just like my real.....I mean....my other father was. The stories you told me about him, how he would selflessly save innocent people, even babies...like me.....from ogres and goblins, they make me want to know more about him. I don't want to be a warrior, fueled with the aspect of killing lives for gold. I want justice to be done, for our faith. I want to become a strong priest one day.'' He set his hand on the dwarf's shoulder, looking deep into his brown eyes. ''I want to be like you are. But I can't be a priest just yet, I have to know where-'
'
''Where ye come from, I know. Look......Kilanos came by here actually. Told me ye would be doing something with yur friends of yurs. And well....ye know I don't like it. But....I trust ya.''

The old dwarf couldn't help but shed a tear, knowing full well that the boy he raised was becoming a man.
''Thank's dad.....i'm setting out tomorrow, on a....quest of sorts.''

''A quest, huh? With what, those tiny excuse's of fists?''

''W-well....I was gonna use one of the Army's swords....'' With sudden force, the priest jumped up and smacked the boy sideways in the head.

''Stupid boy!! Don't be betraying our ways with old swords!'' With that he motioned his 6ft hammer which glittered brightly in the candle's light. The gold etchings shone brightly even in the dim light as James looked at it in awe.

''I know we use hammer's Father, but my hammer isn't finished yet. It doesn't have the proper runes yet, nor does it have a steady face. It'll be weeks before it's fully complete, and that's not counting the dwarven blessing ritual.''

''Then don't be a stupid fool and depend on someone else. Use what you have boy.'' With that he shoved the handle hard against the boy's chest. Confused, he looked down at his father.

''I don't....You want me to bring God's ud?''

''Ey boy. You want to be strong? Then prove it. Weild my father's father's hammer, like his father's father did, and see whether or not you think you have strength.'' He lifted the handle and admired the runes carved into the metal. It read "Emen in god, midor in tabar", which meant Stregnth in God, Power in Faith''. Father Peter Stoneheart repeated these words every morning and dusk at the beginning of his prayers, as he would send powerful waves into the ground with the beating of the pommel. It would send fear through your soul, as though the hand of God were shaking it.

James looked uneasy as he put the might hammer over his shoulder, as though it were his own spirit keeping him down.

''Don't give me that look boy. I know you will be fine....as long as you have faith, you will have strength. Now go to bed. I will see ya when you are a man.'' With that he went back up to the podium, kneeling before the cross as he began to repeat a series of latin verses. Templar just stood there before the giant cross, looking up at it for guidence before he too said a small prayer, before heading to his quarters behind the small door near the front stage.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:58 pm

The room was dark when Demie and Edgar walked in for the night. Not a ray of moonlight shone through the covered windows. Not a candle was lit. Quietly, Demie crept to a doorway to the right side of the room. She pulled back the black cloth that was draped over the opening and peered inside.

"Hmm," she said, "Whisper isn't home yet."

"Whisper?" Edgar whispered. The name sounded familiar. He'd heard it sometime today.

"She's my sister. She must still be out."

Edgar tried his best to remember where he'd heard the name before. Then it hit him. Whisper. She was the girl who had tried to con him out of money at the Dragon's Brew. Edgar wondered if Demie was aware of her sibling's trickery.

"Whisper," he said, "Where might she be at this late hour?" He removed his sword from his waist and leaned it up against the cold stone wall. Demie meanwhile lit three candles and placed them around the room. It was not much light, but it was all they needed for the time being.

"Working, no doubt. She weaves cloth and sells it in the market. She makes more money than you could ever imagine from such a job."

"Right..." said the ronin under his breath.

"Bless her soul. She works hard to keep us both alive. You see, our mother is very very ill and bedridden. Our father takes care of her. Whisper did not want to give my father two girls to care for, so she accompanied me to Barad'Dun. She does so much for us. She does everything at home. She cooks, cleans and takes care of me while I'm persuing the foolish goal of trying to rank with the army. It's all unrealistic folly, but she cares. She even made me this cloak, so while I was training with my bow, I would not freeze to death. It's blue to remind me of our home at Valinor."

Edgar kept his mouth shut. He had not the heart to tell Demie that her sister was not the honorable hard worker that she imagined. He felt it better left unsaid. Besides, the girl really was not lying about their mother's illness. Instead, he tied back his long hair and sat down on the couch that resided in the center of the room. Demie went into her chamber and came back with a large, heavy quilt that Whisper had made. She tossed it to Edgar.

"Here. It gets cold at night. I shall see you in the morning." With that, the girl retreated to her chamber for the night. She removed her cloak and placed it gently on a chair in the corner. She removed her boots and place them at the door, ready for tomorrows adventure. Then she packed up a few things that she knew she would need the next day and placed them by the door as well. She placed her dagger on her pillow, her sword against the wall next to it. She then sat on her small cot and waited. She would not go to sleep until Whisper came home safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Outpost 7   The Curse of Outpost 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Outpost 7
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Barad'Dun The Western Tower :: Real Life :: Idle Muses-
Jump to: