Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

New member?

Go down 
+19
Aleksander Piotrowski
Phoxly
Demie Zephyra
Dante
Isk
Alacian
semtater
Taco
Knubbs
Kilanos
Hxctemplar
Oddvar
Sunshine
konradr
D\'edra
Surt
K'urn
Strider
barrikaide
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

New member? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 am

You're that kid I picked up on the field last weekend and threatened to use you for a meat shield, weren't you?

Oh and Templar picked me up....So, guess that makes it..

Alacian - 1
Newbies - 1

*shakes fist*

- A
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 am

Wrong Josh, Alacian. You're thinking of Rilith, Mordock, and Nightmare's Josh.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 am

thanks i will be up there on the 17th, so i will try to make it to a practice. sometime after. Oh and you wont be able to pick me up i'm about 7 feet tall.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Hmmm, a 7 footer. Good, you can stand above the shieldwall and drop rocks on the heads of the enemy! Can you say SLAM dunk!

How old are you Josh?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Haha! Actually Alacian, that was me you picked up. It's cause I only weigh 110 lbs. Not an effective meat shield, but a mobile one. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:06 pm

semtater wrote:
Haha! Actually Alacian, that was me you picked up. It's cause I only weigh 110 lbs. Not an effective meat shield, but a mobile one. LOL!!!

Sem - I picked you AND that Josh kid up. >_> *coughs*

Strider - Oh. Whoops. Well hell, glad to know we have another new guy.

Taco - Welcome to Barad'Dun! We like 'em tall and I can't wait to spar you now.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 pm

awsome i can't wait myself. I'm 20 and some other useless imfomation about me is i do leather working i look like a hippy. and long walks on the beach
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:09 pm

Taco wrote:
awsome i can't wait myself. I'm 20 and some other useless imfomation about me is i do leather working i look like a hippy. and long walks on the beach

I am a hippie with my bell bottoms, tye dyes, silk flowered ponchos, and raised a hillbilly. =P I don't look or act seventeen. I like long walks on the beach and shootin' tin cans off of a fence.

We're going to get along fine. I love hippie looking leather workers.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey Taco! We'll see you tonight at Samhain and the next time we come down to fight our friends in Vegas! I think you'll like these guys.

I put together a table showing the differences between the Dag and Bel rulesets. They are pretty minor for the most part, but pretty exhaustively recorded here
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 7:21 am

Ooh, thanks for repeating the link Isk. I have another kid who emailed me on youtube. He too is moving to Vegas and is Belegarth but has contacted me about Barad'dun. He asked me about the difference between the two and I was going to research the past topics to find that very link and boom, there you go. Thanks.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

so how long has this realm been around and what are the main weapons styles that you guys use.
Me I'm mostly a sword and board, but I'm have made myself well rounded with reds a pole arms and Florentine...i think that's how you spell it. Oh and who much do people wear Armour in your guys realm??? And last what is a normal turn out for your guys pratices??
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 pm

hi my name is Dante. im 17 year old (18 in november) guy. ive always been into foam fighting but never knew we had a group in las vegas. i used to play with a group of about 5 friends in summerlin and i almost started a Uruk-hai unit here in vegas. i wood love to join Barad'Dun! i currently own 3 belegarth regulation weapons: A short broad sword, a javelin, and bastard sword. i made a couple weapons myself including an axe, 2 short swords. and a 3' diameter spartan shield tongue i was just wondering wat kinda of info i might need goin into joining ur practice tomorrow at DB
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DJgrenade
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Just show up and be ready to play. Have a guardian come to sign your waiver since you're underage. It will be up to Surt whether you can use your Bel weapons or not. So do bring them.

Welcome to Barad'Dun. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Do you know how to find us by the by? I and my brother will be there at about eleven. So if you want to show up early. Do so. A few of us will be there early. Always are.
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:35 pm

yeah i kno where u guys r at. i go and play dodge ball at the hockey rinks at desert breeze park every tuesday and thursday. idk if one of my parents can come thought... is there anyway i can get the waiver right now and get it signed by my parents? im at work so i cood make something that states my parents will legally allow me to play, have them sign it tonight, and bring it tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Welll...I don't have one on me and anyone who does is at work right now. You know what. Just come tomorrow. I'm sure we can give you a waiver and you can take it home and bring it back next time. You're only a month shy of being an adult. Konrad can smack me around later if I overstepped by saying that. =P

Just come. You'll be fine. We'll pad you with bubble wrap.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 pm

I think I remember being told that you only had to be 17 to sign your own waiver...

Maybe I'm wrong. It was like, two months ago.

But if you're underaged, you have to have your parents sign it in front of Kurt, I think.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Demie Zephyra wrote:
I think I remember being told that you only had to be 17 to sign your own waiver...

Maybe I'm wrong. It was like, two months ago.

But if you're underaged, you have to have your parents sign it in front of Kurt, I think.

The waiver is for legal reasons. You have to be eighteen to sign your own and it has to be notorized (witnessed by Kurt, Jimmy, or Josh. Sometimes he makes an exception and lets you play the first time without your parent if they can't make it your first day. All depends. That's why I told him to just show up.
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:31 pm

ugh its always the underage bs Crying or Very sad sometimes i think i shood have been born a year earlier. its watevs. hopefully something can be worked out...
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Arch wrote:
ugh its always the underage bs Crying or Very sad sometimes i think i shood have been born a year earlier. its watevs. hopefully something can be worked out...

Don't worry, honey. Just come, okay? It'll work out. Unless you're four foot tall and act like a five year old, I'm sure it'll be fine. =P -cheers you up- We want you to come.
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:37 pm

hahahah im more around 6'2" thankyou very much tongue im mature 4 my age dont worry
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Ah.
Just thought I remembered Kurt saying 17 for some reason.

Anyway,
considering your birthday is only a month away,
I think they can afford to give you a little leeway.
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:56 pm

yeah, hopefully. the real issue is both my parents r extremely busy all the time.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:00 am

eventually something will work out.
My parents were busy too, when my sister joined us.

Eventually, something gave.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:38 am

Just go over some safety precautions with the newbies (like I am sure you guys do) and if they need a quick shield working guide or sword swinging tutorial then that will only make it that much safer for them. I don't think he'll get hurt tbh. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member?   New member? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next