Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Ragnarok XXV (planning)

Go down 
+2
Strider
Knubbs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Knubbs

Knubbs

Ragnarok XXV (planning) Empty
PostSubject: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:19 pm

SO for those of you who need to know they have officially posted information about the next Rag event.

Official Website:

http://www.einherjarsvalhalla.com/ragnarok/ragnarok.html

So the pre-reg is $50, $55 at the booth per person.

I wanted to make this thread so people interested in going can organize and plan it out.

I plan on going and I'm going to take a 1.5 weeks off in June to go. Anyone else interested in going should post here.

I'm definitely going to try and find a vehicle to borrow to go. If anyone has an idea we should get going on this... 7 months 'til the event.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO RAGNAROK!!!
Hell yeah I'm going. We need a ton more people so we can have a bad ass camp to set up.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:49 pm

if we get this started early we'll need to be prepared...

also no one below the age of 18 this year without there parents going with them can go.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 pm

wow. there's going to be like nobody under 18 at rag next year. that's crazy. i'm definitely in though!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah....the thing is you can go if you are under 18 but someone has to have legal custody of you. So...if your parents can't/won't go they would have to sign you over to someone else...permenately. There is no week long power of attorney thing this year.....maybe never again.

The site does look awesome though, they have an actual castle that we can fight in, on, and around. It will be stellar. If Barad'Dun can't get a large number of people going, let me know. It may be that the Fianna can lend some space in our camp. But, keep in mind that we have a seperate $10 camp fee that goes toward tiki fuel, firewood, and any other ammeneties.

K-
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm

yeah the ten bucks is worth it. fianna camp is definitely my pick to stay at if we can't have our own. they are friendly as hell unless you walk into camp uninvited. which makes for good security for your stuff. i love watching people trying to walk through and just get berated. also about the no minors thing. thats really gonna lower the numbers i think. battles would perhaps be smaller next year.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Important info:

1) HOW WILL CAMPSITES BE AWARDED?

Since we are moving to a new site land grab will be run in a completely different fashion then in past years. Some camps have already been assigned locations due to the fact that their camps are volunteers or the size of their encampment. Camp masters should contact Vanisia, head of Troll, (vanisia@dagorhir.com) to register as a camp master and receive more information on how to pick a piece of land for land grab. Camps failing to do so may find that they are last on the pick for land grab. Camp masters please remember to choose your land wisely this year. You will be setting a precedent for where your camp will be in future years.

Don't worry -- there's lots of room at Coopers Lake, and room to expand if need be.

2) WHAT IS A CAMP MASTER?

ALL campsites must have a designated camp Master or Mistress. We will have several new improvements that contact with the camp master/mistress will be needed prior to Rag. Duties of Camp Master/ Mistress:

Keeping camp clean and trash ready for pick up by any means necessary.
Last one to leave to go home after camp has been inspected for clean up.
In case of complaints a contact with in the camp.
Procuring land for land grab.

3) ARE CAMP BOUNDRIES REQUIRED?

Yes, We are asking that there are visible boundaries (sheet walls, rope walls, etc) around each campsite. This will prevent people from cutting across your camp uninvited.

4) I HAVE HEARD THAT PERIOD VESSELS ARE REQUIRED THIS YEAR?

This year we would like all drinks to be in period vessels while traveling from camp to camp. This will help to cut down on the amount of debris and clean up on the field as well as broken glass. The exception to this is if you are staying in your own camp you may leave the beverages in the original containers. It also does not apply to drinks taken to the battle field to consume during battle such as Water or sports drinks. Please remember to pick up your trash when finished

5) HERALDS & WEAPONS-CHECKERS

Every Dagorhir Chapter is required to provide veteran heralds according to the following scale, based on the number of participants attending Ragnarok:

0-4 Participants from the Chapter -- no Heralds/Weapons Checkers required

5-20 Participants -- At least One Herald and One Weapons-check staff person each day

Each Additional Increment of 20 participants (21-40, 41-60, etc.) -- At least One additional Herald and One additional Weapons check person.

Ragnarok is a big event. To ensure its success, we must all pitch in.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 pm

I'll pay $10 extra, Hell yeah.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:05 am

You gotta be freaking kidding me. So one under 18 without parents? That's bull crap.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:06 am

yeah, no temp guardianship either.... its not cool but its the new campsite's rule, not DBGA.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Strider wrote:
You gotta be freaking kidding me. So one under 18 without parents? That's bull crap.

As far as they know, Konradr is your father. ;D and anyone else's father who is under 18 lol.

Unless he isn't going... >__>

I can't remember how our group got around the underaged rule at Chaos Wars + War of the Forbidding (Considering 75% of the group at the time was 16-17). I think their rules where that no one under 18 can stay the night though, but Ragnarok is effing huge compared to those events.

We could also get fake ID's? [:<
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am

I really hope you're kidding.....
K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 pm

K'urn wrote:
I really hope you're kidding.....
K-

About the fake ID's? Yes...

About saying Konradr is the father of 2-3 of the guys going... why not?
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:42 pm

They would still ask for ID, the last names won't match, which will raise suspicion, which will then be found out to be valid. Resulting in Konrad and whoever else is involved being ejected from the event, without refund, hoping they can go next year.

It sucks that not everyone who wants to go will get to. But, don't let that cause you to break the rules. If you are under 16 and want to go, get ahold of the coordinators and see what can be done without resorting to breaking the rules. Believe me, I've broken more than my share of rules, but this is not one you want to fuss with. If the coordinators find out that 'someone' from Barad'Dun did this the whole realm will be suspect. It will tarnish the realm from now on, trust me, people of dagorhir have loooong memories. Not to mention, if the campsite found out, that little stunt could cause ALL of us to lose the site. I would not want 7-800 rag attendees pissed at me, or my realm.

My advice, don't do it. Find a way to go, without breaking the rules.

K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Yeah I just didnt see the bigger picture there K'urn, sorry. Its not the people under 16 I'm worried about though its the ones who are 17 and are just MONTHS from being able to enter the event. I can't commit to going just yet, but when I know, the rest of yall will know Smile

Also is the rule you can't be at the campsite if your under 18? Or the event in general?
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:49 pm

event in general without your Guardian there.

so if you want to go to rag better ask your parents if they want to go to. Smile

Its not DBGA making this rule its the Campsite.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Hopefully not too many people will be impacted by this, there's always next year.

Any plans for DnD around the campfire? =D
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm

Im hoping we can get 5-6 people from out realm to go.

So far I have this list:

Surt
Knubbs
Strider

.... anyone else?
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:33 am

well hell kinda hard for me to plan on it cause its so far away but i have a job interview tomarrow YAY!!!!!!!!!!so if i get the job and if i can take the time off i will deffinitly go Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ragnarok XXV (planning)   Ragnarok XXV (planning) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ragnarok XXV (planning)
Page 1 of 1