Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Tandy Leather store.

Go down 
+2
Faolan
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Tandy Leather store. Empty
PostSubject: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 am

So I happen to be driving by sandhill and flamingo and decided to finally take a peek inside of the Tandy Leather store there. Nice couple running the store. I didn't plan on buying anything, I was just looking around but they have some great sales going on. I ended up buying some belt strap blanks for $3.00 each and a 12 square foot piece of shoulder hide that is armor grade (8 to 9 ounces) for $1.99 a foot (so $25.00 for a piece that is normally about 5 to 7 dollars a foot)

They told me they are having a big store wide sale on the day after christmas from 7am to like 9pm. Everything like 40 to 60% off.

They also gave me a flyer that you can join their 'wholesale' club for $35 a year and all purchases are at wholesale prices. As far as the group she said just photocopy the membership card and everyone in the group can use it. (But don't tell anyone at other Tandy stores)

Also, while there I met a fellow Named "Devin" who does leather armor and garments on commission. He was the one who taught Kurn how to make leather armor. He is currently an active member of the ECS (Empire of Chivalry and Steel) and a couple of other groups. He know's Surt and I believe Knubbs has met him too. He is willing to help anyone who wants to know how to work leather. Here's his contact info.

Devin (The Big Bald Guy in the ECS) 702-371-7864. He gave me alot of pointers on studding leather for armor, stitching leather, etc.

Tandy has alot of leather remnants and alot of one of a kind leather that is on sale really cheap. (She mentioned $100+ hides being sold for $65) He showed me three rolls of red alligator skin leather that was on sale but I forgot the price. They are very friendly and helpful so y'all just stop in and if you do, mention your with Dagorhir.

Maybe we can get the wholesale card for the group if there are alot of you wanting to buy leather for armor or dress or straps for shields, etc.

I'm going to cut my hide and make a leather spangenhelm with cheek and neck guards and ocular guards. The rest I might make bracers or greaves for me and Romeo. It's rawhide now but I will dye it or paint it later.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Faolan

Faolan

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:35 pm

this is glourious news for me. i was wondering if Vegas had a Tandy...
so i can get back into my craft again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/todd.giboney
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 pm

Seems like now would be a good time for a certain someone to go get some sheets for a certain Bard's armor... ahem. Smile Taco? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 am

Did anyone want to put in $$$ for a card so the whole group can use?

Those membership prices are a must have, since we use leather for the straps on our shields and armor would be a big bonus as well.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 am

I think Taco did but it wasn't for whole group use.... I'm not sure how it works though.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am

Kilanos did, but alas, poor Kilanos, I knew him well.....

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 am

I don't know if I'm actually being heard when I say where I get my materials. But for the sake of reiteration I have been going to Tandy for the past four years (to include my deployment) and I have the club membership. I know Dee very well and she keeps me appraised on the sales coming up and other specialty hides she comes across. With the amount of leather that I wear I truly am surprised that no one deduced this sooner and asked. The true problem would be coordinating time to go and pick out what you wanted since leather ( at least to me) is about the weight and texture seeing as for the most part it will be worn.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 pm

yeah i think it would be a good idea to get a wholesale card for our sport usually they love business from sports like these like i know in Utah the bel group gets a discount well so I've heard on a lot of stuff
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tandy Leather store.   Tandy Leather store. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tandy Leather store.
Page 1 of 1