Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)

Go down 
+8
Surt
Hxctemplar
konradr
Oddvar
Demie Zephyra
Taco
Phoxly
Kilanos
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 am

Phoxly said
Quote :
I like yours, but I like em a little longer

That's what she said phoxly. Hah! Actually, that's what everyone says about my glaive/naginata. But it still serves when non-other are present or handy. Like the English peasant said to his mother.

"Mummy, me Glaive is too short!"

"Nonsens me boy, its not the size of the Glaive that mattars, but how ya use it."

The spartan mom would say to "add a step to it." To which I would say "Make sure a shieldman is with you like your siamese twin"

Yes, I would love to spar 1 on 1 with you next week.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:51 am

konradr wrote:
Phoxly said
Quote :
I like yours, but I like em a little longer

That's what she said phoxly. Hah! Actually, that's what everyone says about my glaive/naginata. But it still serves when non-other are present or handy. Like the English peasant said to his mother.

"Mummy, me Glaive is too short!"

"Nonsens me boy, its not the size of the Glaive that mattars, but how ya use it."

The spartan mom would say to "add a step to it." To which I would say "Make sure a shieldman is with you like your siamese twin"

Konradr

LOL! Yeah I felt really unsure about my swings, I'd get halfway through a swing and be like "Nope thats not even gonna hit" and pull it back, so I looked like a retard lol someone actually said "IF YOUR GONNA SWING, JUST DO IT, AND DO IT HARD!" I kept finding it a little short though, I havent actually worked a full size glaive in bel for a while, just mini-glaives and spears. Course most of the people in bel see red weapons as useless >__> but its like you said, Dag is a battle games association, not a stick tag free for all. The rules and objectives make any weapon viable.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:52 am

Phoxly wrote:
"IF YOUR GONNA SWING, JUST DO IT, AND DO IT HARD!"

Lol, yeah sorry if that sounded rude. The hardest thing about working reds is the uncertainty of the power needed. You have to size up your range versus the target's position, and once you get it just commit, because reds are meant to move someone and move them hard.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 pm

Strider wrote:
Phoxly wrote:
"IF YOUR GONNA SWING, JUST DO IT, AND DO IT HARD!"

Lol, yeah sorry if that sounded rude. The hardest thing about working reds is the uncertainty of the power needed. You have to size up your range versus the target's position, and once you get it just commit, because reds are meant to move someone and move them hard.

Nah it was definetly needed, I'll likely be at practice next weekend and pretty early to get some extra sparring in with anyone who is there. More florentine than anything else, since I weapon checked the kiteshield a friend gave to me and I don't think it passes (decaying foam around the plywood and no courtesy wrapping foam). I might try to work with a glaive again, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)   Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Saturday, January 2nd 2010! (12 noon)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2