Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

interesting stuff topic..........

Go down 
+4
Taco
caretaker
Mordy the Gnome
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

interesting stuff topic.......... Empty
PostSubject: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 am

Whatever, Dag or Bel related that you find interesting that can be incorporated into our activities......

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:24 am

This guy is talking about a castle made in which you could use some kind of simulated siege weapons to destory walls made of rope in a castle battle....

Quote :
This ties back in to seige weapons but, for battles like osgiliath having rope walls that could be removed by seige weapons would allow you to have a stronger castle. As the game went on the attacker would make breaches in the walls and be better able to take the castle.
interesting stuff topic.......... Mythoughtsinpaint

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:29 am

I've been thinking of making some PVC boats so we can have boat battles. Apparently they are a staple at Ragnarok so Surt should have some experience with them. Here's an idea I saw on the Dag board...

Quote :
We did a semi all naval battle at the last War around here(hosted by Dominion). PVC boats and rope islands. You set a time limit and capture/hold islands. It was a lot of fun.

On a similar train of thought, Smithy is wanting to do an 'island' type battle using several sections of rope. It can be an ocean area with different sized islands that people can fight on. The islands can be close to jump from or people can simulate swimming on their knees. Or it can be a lava field and you would have to jump from island to island. Could be a flag on the central island or something to bring back. Fall in the lava, your dead. Could be a respawn game.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:02 am

quote about water battles.....

Quote :

Events With Water:
· Any fighter carrying a shield or buckler will instantly sink and drown in the water.
· Any fighter wearing any armor at all will instantly sink and drown in the water.
· Fighters may "swim" in the water by moving on their knees and keeping two live legs and one live hand down at all times.
§ "Swimmers" may attack, but may only do so with one hand. (i.e. They must have no injuries to attack.)
§ “Swimmers” may not arch while in the water, even with using a foot to hold the bow.
· Any weapon dropped, shot, thrown or let go of in the water will instantly sink.
§ Weapons dropped may be retrieved by their owner, once the owner is dead.
§ Missiles may be retrieved for re-use by a dead fighter, from their side of the water.

Boats....(my Norse blood is missing my boat)

Quote :
Events Using Boats:
· Boats made from PVC may be used by fighters to move on the water or land.
· Boats used in scenarios will be provided by the event hosts. You may not provide your own boats.
· Safety Rules:
§ Any fighter that grabs hold of a boat they do not occupy is dead. (Get inside the boat before you grab it!)
§ Any fighter that hits a boat with a weapon is dead. (Intentional hits to the boat, where no obvious target exists.)
§ Attacks on fighters inside boats must go over the "side" of the boat.
§ Any fighter that tries to hit or trip a person in a boat below the boat frame is dead. (Remember, that’s below water!)
· Fighters may only enter and exit boats from above the boat frame. (There are no holes in the bottom of the boats!)
· Fighters in armor and with shields may ride in boats.
· Boats may be laid on the ground and used as “boat bridges”.
· Any time boats from opposing teams meet, those boats must be dropped to the ground and fighting ensues.
· Boats may move equally well on water and land. (This is for playability sake, to keep scenarios fast-paced and fun.)
· Boats marked with a specific team color may not be captured. Otherwise, unmarked boats may be captured.
§ A dead fighter may return unoccupied boats belonging to a specific team to that team’s shore.
· Any boat that falls apart instantly sinks and anyone who can’t "swim" drowns.
§ "Sunken" boats may be taken back to shore for repairs. (Duct tape will be provided.)

flags....

Quote :

Events Using Flags on Poles:
· The flags used are simple PVC props, used to identify points held and so forth. (Red/Blue flags on the ends.)
· Flags must be held in the air by a herald or a living fighter, using a live arm in order to count.
§ Fighters holding flags may not attack with any weapons while holding the flag.
· Flags may not be swung or struck by weapons.
· When a fighter holding a flag dies, they must lay the flag down on the ground

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 am

All of this would be beyond epic proportions
Especially the island hopping ones.....just saying.

Do you think we can try these next practice?
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:45 am

interesting stuff topic.......... L_6df0ab9025d642a9879de3308ec53e1f

I had a cool idea once. We should make a bunch of liquor bottles like The Black Death(shown above....gotta look real hard, couldnt find a good picture of it.) (the green thing on top)

And then have a drunken pub fight game:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Cool, they do "pub" or "tavern" fights in the SCA. We could have a Tavern brawl at the "Dragon's Brew" between the Dark Fellowship, the Barad'Dun Adventureres and Barrikade's bouncers. Shocked

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 pm

scary
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Caretaker wrote:
interesting stuff topic.......... L_6df0ab9025d642a9879de3308ec53e1f

I had a cool idea once. We should make a bunch of liquor bottles like The Black Death(shown above....gotta look real hard, couldnt find a good picture of it.) (the green thing on top)

And then have a drunken pub fight game:D

Something makes me want to make that picture into a motivational poster with the staring in disbelief at the huge pile of weapons. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:18 pm

The sad thing is, that was the end of the table where thay had taken weapons off. All the tables had higher stacks than that. SO many people.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:46 pm

interesting stuff topic.......... Decisi10
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 am

He wasnt actually looking for a weapon. This was at an event, and these are all weapons that havnt been checked yet. I thin he was just confused by how many damn weapons covered the table:D

However, I like your poster:D
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 1:52 am

If we had walls like that konrad, that would be awsome but I would be scared to fight in the middle of them when there would be alot of people there I would get trampled on xD
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 am

A game from the Dag forum...

Quote :
Gortok’ Gromon!
(Slave Raid)
No weapons are allowed in this event!

· Form two teams.
· Goals lines are established on either end of a field.
· Each team starts at a goal line.
· When the herald yells “Gortok’ Gromon!” the event begins.
· The goal is to get the opposite teams members over your teams goal line. This can include pulling, pushing, picking up and carrying, luring as well as ganging up on the opponent and/or whatever other tactics you may think of.
· The game ends when either one teams members have all been captured or 20 minuets have elapsed. The team with the most captured slaves wins the event!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:12 am

shit that sounds kool actually but i'm more inclined
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm

konradr wrote:

Or it can be a lava field and you would have to jump from island to island.
Konradr

OH GOD!!! THE FLOOR IS LAVA! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm

i found one called ork baby football its more like rugby tho but instead oftackles its weapons if you gguys are interested i'll get the rules from somewhere
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting stuff topic..........   interesting stuff topic.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting stuff topic..........
Page 1 of 1