Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Shannara!

Go down 
+2
konradr
Karion D'Learive
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Karion D'Learive

Karion D'Learive

Greetings from Shannara! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Hail and well met my fellow combatants!

My name is Karion D'Learive i hail from a Belegarth realm located in Twin Falls, Idaho. I am and have been their King and Leader for the past couple of years. I have been a foam fighting member for going on 13 years now. I started in Amtgard way back when and when i found out about Belegarth i switched.

In the past week or so i have been speaking with a member of your group, a member by the name of Alacian. She has told me of your group and how decent a group you are as well as how much your members just rock. I am making a trip to Las Vegas in about a month on company business. Sadly i will not be there on a saturday or i would love to attend one of your practices. I will be down May 3rd through the 6th. I will say this though, from the pics that i have seen, i must say you have a nice looking large group.

As my signiture implies i am an active Squire in Belegarth. I am not entirely sure if Dag has such things as sadly i have never dealt with a dag group on any kind of detailed level. But i am squired to a Knight here in Idaho and i complete my squireship this coming June at which point i will be a Knight of Belegarth. Also as it states in my signiture i get the pleasure or organizing this year's Chaos Wars located here in Idaho. Alacian tells me she is going to try and get a bunch of you guys to come up with her for Chaos Wars 14.

Ok, enough mindless rambling from me. I just wanted to pop on here and introduce myself and say that i look forward to the idea of potentially meeting some of you this coming year.

Your brother in arms;
Karion D'Learive

King of Shannara
Squire to Sir Wharghoul
Chaos Guard: Centurion

I got humped by a bugbear at Chaos Wars 12.
I humped Lady Lyllith's leg at Chaos Wars 13.
I am in charge of Chaos Wars 14, run for your lives!

Last edited by Karion D'Learive on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:52 pm

When you come out let us know when you might be free maybe we can get a sparring group going somewhere.

Taco has been talking about Chaos wars. It is definately closer than Ragnarock. However Ragnarock is being held at Cooper's lake this year. Still, Idaho's closer than Ohio.

We have a group planning on attending Rag this year.

I used to fight with the SCA, but only for about a year as a heavy fighter and then I did fencing for a few years and then returned to the SCA in rapier for a short while.

I like this foam fighting more. The rules allow more action, the people are fun and it doesn't cost as much to get going.

Good fortune to you, and well met.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Karion D'Learive

Karion D'Learive

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 6:03 pm

Hail and good fortunes to you as well!

I will have time Tuesday night and Wednesday after 5:30 or so. Its when my class gets out. And i would love to get some sparring with you guys i think that would be alot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:58 am

Greetings, oh handsome one!

Good to see you found our forums. You ramble as much as I do it seems. Ha ha.

We look forward to having you. At least I do. But that's because I've grown attached since first harassing you like a bald headed step child.

I for one am uncertain of the knight and squiring. I know we have our own rank system for some units. Our Royal Army for example has a certain structure that may be somewhat like your path to knighthood.

I'm sorry that you can't make it to Fools Raid this year. But I will be more than happy to meet you when you're here in May.

p.s. You failed to mention having been an Amtgarder. Be warned...I will not only shield bash you...but I will eat your soul if you ever say you're immune to missile weaponry.

- Alacian
Black Lion to Be -
- Forever An S.O.B's Pet Peeve
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 am

Glad to see a familiar face Karion!

Alacian I don't think there is anything you can throw at this guy as far as sexual harassment that he hasn't already endeared over the years in Belegarth. Seems the women of Bel and Dag have that in common.

Anyways, I may be making a trip back to Twin Falls in April if you guys are back in sanctioned (season) practices it would be awesome to meet up with you guys again.
Back to top Go down
Karion D'Learive

Karion D'Learive

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:15 am

Indeed my good friend we start practices April 1st. (No joke we really do start that thursday)

As for sexual harassment, Phoxly said it, not much you can throw at me that will throw me off. As for shield bashing me, all i can say is good luck. Wink
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:21 am

Phoxly,

No where in there did I use the word 'sexual'. I said I harassed him like a bald headed step child. But considering you've some step-siblings...I wonder as to how you came to the conclusion it would be sexual... Razz

Karion -

I need not luck for I have a Sasquatch to throw me at you!

- A
Back to top Go down
Karion D'Learive

Karion D'Learive

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:28 am

As for the Knight/Squire thing Alacian, in Belegarth that is a national thing, not local. In that first post i made mention that i am a member of the Chaos Guard and that my rank is Centurion. The Chaos Guard are a local unit based entirely our of Idaho. Knights and Squires however are all across the nation.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 am

I'm aware, Karion.

Our very own Marshall is also a 1st Knight of the Desert Rats. He was Belegarth before he joined us and had a unit/realm in Kuwait when he was overseas. He's an army boy. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:03 pm

LoL i'm just here! >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 am

welcome Karion! dagorhir has a "knighthood" as well. its an old custom and not really practiced all that often. probably because so many units now have their own rank structures and tests.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Shannara!   Greetings from Shannara! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Shannara!
Page 1 of 1