Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I have heard of fooling around, but...

Go down 
+2
Hxctemplar
Morlock
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morlock

Morlock

I have heard of fooling around, but... Empty
PostSubject: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:42 am

Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:17 am

......Oh.....my.......god

WHY HAVN'T WE THOUGHT OF THAT?!?!?

If I knew we could have done that, I would have been saving up boxes from my work then throwing them away!!!

I say we do that xD may be the dork in me, but a box tower sounds bomb as hell
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Meh it could just be the Belegarth kid in me speaking but it really doesn't look that fun, great idea though, but its kind of small. I like open field games more than narrow openings. Maybe if the other team had more spears and archers it'd be an alright battle.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Quote :
I like open field games more than narrow openings.

which is what the Persians said to the Greeks at Thermopylae.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

I see what you did thar. Too bad the Persians still won Very Happy
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 3:42 pm

It was treachery from their own kind, Greed of gold over brotherhood.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Well some call it betrayal, the Persians called it strategy Very Happy

I don't mind narrow passage ways as long as there is more than one way in. Forcing everyone to fight on one frontal entrance seems boring. I actually enjoyed our capture the flag games where each team had a wall the flag was hidden behind. I like strategic wins more than full frontal attacks where one side overpowers another. Full frontal attacks are fun and all, but skirmishers who try to work around the enemy and flank are even more fun.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Phoxly wrote:
I see what you did thar. Too bad the Persians still won Very Happy

They won the battle and not the war though. That was the second time they used that strategy against the persians and they had a hard time with it still and only with 4 thousand men with the whole persian army against them excluding cavalry. Just proof that they did not prepare enough for the stalwart greek phalanx. Skirmishing is fun and all wich was wut the persian army was mostly made of lightly armored men with light shields because they could for the simple fact that they fought in mostly plain lands or desert wich is wide open terrain. so the greeks fought were they new they would have success places were the persian mounted archers could not be effective and proceeded to do wut they were trained to do and bully the light persian army around and later on kick them out of greece.

sorry had to go off on little bit of a rant there
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm

A history lesson from Sasquatch!?! Yes, you go boy, I like it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Phoxly stated:
Quote :
I don't mind narrow passage ways as long as there is more than one way in. Forcing everyone to fight on one frontal entrance seems boring. I actually enjoyed our capture the flag games where each team had a wall the flag was hidden behind. I like strategic wins more than full frontal attacks where one side overpowers another. Full frontal attacks are fun and all, but skirmishers who try to work around the enemy and flank are even more fun.

True, I like all games myself. As you prefer the more open skirmish type game (as well as Taco does) Others prefer the in your face narrow frontal figthts. So we strive for a balance so that all may enjoy their game at some point.

As a battlefield commander. If I know you prefer open skirmish style warfare, and that is what your strength is and how you train, then I'm going to do my damnest to not give you that fight. I'm going to fall back til I find terrain that is constrictive and I can force you out of your style and into a frontal meatgrinder.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Did you guys note the realm name on that video? "Fugl Brenna" is the Arizona realm that is suppose to be coming to Fool's Raid. They looked kind of young so I don't know how many of them will be making the trip but surely they have older brethren around.

Dagorhir should be about fun. Sometimes serious is good and sometimes cardboard castles are cool. Everyone has likes and dislikes and keeping a balance is important. If everyone was so damn serious all the time, I don't know if I'd stay with the game.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

I agree, until I came to Dag, the only thing I knew was basically valhala and line battles of 8v8 or 5v5v5 or 3v3v3v3v3v3, its really taken me out of my comfort zone and I think can make me a better fighter.

@Sasquatch good lil rant lmfao

And yes they do look kind of young, but who am I to talk >__< they seem to know what they are doin, and have some ambition. I certainly wouldn't fold 40 boxes just for a box castle. I have to give them props for the style Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:06 pm

I liked the video myself:D I like both honestly, i like playing in an open field and i like interesting games like so. That was a lot of cardboard boxes

^I agree with Konradr completely, when things get too serious, it makes me back away and not want to play. I've seen it happen with my old unit. I think that the only thing I love taking serious in Dagorhir is the idea of learning new things. Which is one of the reason I have few game preferences, I like to switch it up and try the new things:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:14 pm

For me, I don't have the best fighting skills, so I try to rely on strategy over skill (for now haha), I like having options for play style, when a game becomes too relyant on just one strategy for winning, then it loses taht fun creative win opportunity and starts getting serious.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to run up to that cardboard castle and start hacking away with your sword, busting the walls down until you could get at the cowering defenders and hack them to pieces (OMG am I drooling?)

Konradr What a Face
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:28 pm

And then Taco and Phoxly sneak around back and climb the back wall Very Happy -drools-

Oh and the rest of the black lions >Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 pm

Phoxly you and me are playing post tag.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:37 pm

ROFL no kidding Very Happy I am refurbishing laptops at work, and while they do updates/scans I am on the forums haha Very Happy and facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have heard of fooling around, but...   I have heard of fooling around, but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have heard of fooling around, but...
Page 1 of 1