Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

War of Silica Vale I, May 14-16 Milpitas, CA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyrax

War of Silica Vale I, May 14-16 Milpitas, CA Empty
PostSubject: War of Silica Vale I, May 14-16 Milpitas, CA   War of Silica Vale I, May 14-16 Milpitas, CA I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:59 pm

We've had a location change (the Parks Dept. double-booked us): Ed Levin County Park, in Milpitas, CA

Here's an easy link: http://tinyurl.com/353oyo

Still a great location, just off of the part of the route of the Tour of California (the following week) in the foothills east of Silicon Valley. Ed Levin Park is off of Calaveras Road, an easy exit off of I-880 or I-680, in the hills above the town of Milpitas. For those flying in, San Jose is the closest airport, but this location is very close to the BART system, making SFO and OAK airports equally good options (and yes, shuttles to/from BART will be offered - PM me for details).

If you look at the County's Park Map (a pdf on their site), we'll be in the Elm camping area, located near the fighting field, showers and the bathrooms. While the weather is warm that time of year during the day, we expect things to cool down in the evening. Fog is a possibility, but rain is unlikely in this area.

We'll open the site Friday early in the day and we leave Sunday late afternoon. The cost for the weekend will be $15 (or less if possible) per person, and there's a $5 per car park fee. In addition, we'll be offering an optional Saturday night feast and Sunday morning pancake breakfast (details and pricing to come). We regret having to ask so much for the event, but due to budget cuts and insurance requirements, the price is high for a large group camping area with decent amenities.
Back to top Go down

War of Silica Vale I, May 14-16 Milpitas, CA
Page 1 of 1