Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

I never knew vegas has this going...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lodian B

I never knew vegas has this going... Empty
PostSubject: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 am

boy am i sorry i missed the fools raid after looking at your practice photo. You guys have a lot of people out there. I never realized Vegas had a realm going and I am a native. Next time I am in town which is often I would love to come out and join a practice. i live in Los Angeles now but I do a lot of work in vegas still. Is there a mailing list you guys have? Im always looking to test my skills against new players. any who have a great practice tomorrow I look forward to meeting some of you soon on the battle field.

Lodian Black

mailing list? Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Its nice to see we have more people interested in the Realm! Looking forward to a surprise visit maybe in the upcoming weeks (: I don't believe our scribe has set up a mailing list, but that would be a good resource to have to send out a weekly email about our practice as a nice reminder.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Hmmmm, I had looked before, but it was so long ago, I forgot. Now that we have some realm funds, maybe we should look into advertising in the RJ or on the radio or something.

I will start a weekly posting in Craigs list. I can do that. We'll get the word out.

Fool's raid had groups out from Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs, Cottonwood (AZ), St. George (UT) and Ogden (UT). We also played at a different park than our normal practice park which is "Desert Breeze" on Durango and Twain. You are welcome anytime.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:10 pm

I posted a craigslist ad on monday or tuesday in the Events/Activities section, short and sweet, two pictures of the group fighting, and a link to our forums.

I dunno how much a monthly ad costs in the newspaper but it would be cool to have konradr.
Back to top Go down
Rhajhiin

Rhajhiin

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm

There is a realm in the LA area as well as the Irvine area.
Aggelgorod is LA and Anduril is Irvine. I know the LARP Alliance has plenty of branches and mercenaries all through Orange county and Rancho Coucamunga.
Back to top Go down
http://desertwindgroup.webs.com
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:51 pm

Lodian,

Greetings!

When you come into town next just stop on by Desert Breeze Park.

We practice every Saturday. We practice from Noon and go until we get tired.

Next time your in town, just drop a line on the forums and if you need any directions just ask.

Sincerely,

Knubbs
Royal Scribe
Back to top Go down
Lodian B

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks guys, Ill post here a few days before I head out there. I should be out there in the next three weeks I'm guessing. Ive been working hard for two years to try and get my LV friends into dag but not much luck but maybe Ill have some people with me when I come. Well I look forward to meeting you guys soon. Dag is really starting to grow right now it seems, I like. Cool well see you all soon.

Lodian Black
Back to top Go down
Rabid_Llama8

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:07 am

I've been looking for a Dag group since I moved out here! I will certainly be attending the next practice session that I can. Maybe not the 29th, but certainly the 5th. I never got too much into it back home, but I have friends very much involved in Illinois, back home. I'd love to come join you guys. I think it would be great to meet people of like interests as well as get out of the house and drop some of this weight I've put on since I moved.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Come on out! It's getting into summer, so we will be taking lots of water breaks. The heat zaps your energy and sunburns the hell out of ya, but we still fight. The next practice, as you said, is the 29th. But that Sunday, the 30th, is the last sunday of the month and thats when we have Althing. It is a potluck get together and we are now holding the monthly Barad'Dun Champion tournament (sword and board) we also bring cards and board games to play. Kids can play on the playground. We hold this at Spring Valley park which is a few blocks south of Desert Breeze park where we hold normal practices.

Otherwise, we will see you on the 5th!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Rabid_Llama8

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I'd love to come this weekend, but my cousin's baseball team has a tournament and I'm the team scorekeeper/official liason, so its already a busy weekend for me.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Rabid_Llama8 wrote:
I'd love to come this weekend, but my cousin's baseball team has a tournament and I'm the team scorekeeper/official liason, so its already a busy weekend for me.

Okay.. I have to ask... Why the name Rabid_Llama8? Thats such an epic name, but man. Was Rabid_Llama1-6 taken? Very Happy Whats your fighter name?
Back to top Go down
Rabid_Llama8

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm

The whole rabid_Llama thing was a result of a night of drunken Counter-Strike. I changed my name to that and it just stuck. 8 is just a number I stick on everything. I wouldn't say its my favorite number, but I just like how it looks on things. Sounds weird, I know, but I really don't know how to explain it. My fighter name is Oniborra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I never knew vegas has this going...   I never knew vegas has this going... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I never knew vegas has this going...
Page 1 of 1