Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Personal Promotion of the Realm question.

Go down 
+3
Phoxly
Demie Zephyra
konradr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Personal Promotion of the Realm question. Empty
PostSubject: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 pm

I was talking to a guy on my route who seems interested in what we do but has yet to come out. There are quite a few people that I work with the show the same interest without any commitment. Well, the one fella asked about 'Fool's raid' and I told him. I also said we have hundreds of photos and some videos. I said Maybe I'll print some out some time to show him. He said why not make a CD for him.

Idea

So I'm on it! I'm going to make a CD and burn copies to give around to those showing interest. I'm going to make folders of like "Fool's Raid" and "War of Reckoning" and "Everyday practice" etc, etc.

Then Idea

What about a slideshow that can be burned on a disk and played both on the computer and on a DVD player attached to everyone's big screen plasma/lcd/HD tv screen! I use to have a program that could do that and I made slideshows of the kids with captions and music.

Any of you know of a free to download program that will do a good job of that, that will make a slideshow that can play on both computer and DVD player?

I'm not asking for someone to do it for me as I want to tailor the pics and stuff to the people I know to win them over. Wink

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Windows Movie Maker is the best thing I can think of.

Simple and easy to get.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I have that one on both my PC and Laptop, but I thought it was only for videos. It makes slideshows too???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:01 pm

You can make powerpoint presentations (THAT PLAY VIDEO TOO!) and put them on a disk I think?
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Imovie. Way better than windows media.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 am

Well since I have Windows XP on both my Laptop and PC and they both have Windows Movie Maker, then movie maker it shall be. (well I might have Ulead movie maker on the laptop and Pinnacle 7 movie maker too)

Anyhow, Thank you Demie. I found two helpful links for making a Video slideshow of photos that I can caption (title) and add a soundtrack to and then burn to a VCD. (I don't have a DVD burner Sad I'm behind the times)

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Tutorials/HowToVideoSlideShow.aspx

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Creating-a-slide-show-with-Windows-Movie-Maker-7693

Konradr, the producer! Dagorhir films, Ltd. A Barad'Dun Media company
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am

Konradr, If you would like, you can email me the file when you are dont and I could burn it to DVD?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Sounds good Caretaker. I will do that. Just have to find time to fit it in with other things I'm trying to accomplish this week. My 8 year old daughter bought her first MP3 player (she will never know CD's, amazing) Anyhow, I forgot to get AAA batteries and I promised to start uploading her songs. She wants Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber, and some others. *sigh*.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:17 pm

Okay, for an opening video clip to the promotional slideshow, I'm thinking of grabbing Romeo's digital camera and early on Saturday filming this...

Fade in

Ext: Desert Breeze park- day.

Park montage, tree's, grass, playground, people jogging, playing, doing sports.

CLOSE UP: Desert Breeze sign.

View of the road, traffic on it.

CLOSE UP: Intersection Road signs, one says Durango, the other Twain.

MEDIUM SHOT: Grassy spot with gazebo in background, showing dagorhip peeps getting ready.

SURT steps into the scene,dressed in his armored garb, from the left and centers himself facing camera. He smiles, a sparkling smile as only he can do.

SURT
Hi, I'm Surt, I am the leader of the Realm of Barad'Dun. We are the local Dagorhir Battle Games chapter here in lovely Las Vegas, Nevada, and this is what we do...

SASQUATCH comes rushing into the scene from the right,wearing his kilt and carrying his large shield, followed by a yelling MOB OF OTHER FIGHTERS.

Sasquatch Shield bashes Surt out of the scene and charges on, followed by the mob.

SMITHY strolls in from the right, with an arrow notched in his bow. He faces the camera.

SMITHY
That's just some of what we do.

He then takes aim to the left and lets fly an arrow. While he tries to nock another arrow, alarm rises in his face and he runs off screen to the right, followed by the onrushing mob of fighters, still yelling and wanting blood.

Then the slideshow and soundtrack begin.

What d'ya think????

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm

funny
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Hmmm, maybe the less painful version (for our fearless leader) would be better....

Quote :

Ext: Desert Breeze park- day.

Park montage, tree's, grass, playground, people jogging, playing, doing sports.

CLOSE UP: Desert Breeze sign.

View of the road, traffic on it.

CLOSE UP: Intersection Road signs, one says Durango, the other Twain.

MEDIUM SHOT: Grassy spot with gazebo in background, showing dagorhip peeps getting ready.

SURT steps into the scene,dressed in his armored garb, from the left and centers himself facing camera. He smiles, a sparkling smile as only he can do.

SURT
Hi, I'm Surt, I am the leader of the Realm of Barad'Dun. We are the local Dagorhir Battle Games chapter here in lovely Las Vegas, Nevada, and this is what we do...

Begin Slideshow and soundtrack.

Which one???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 pm

The first one....DEFINATELY the first one!!!

I would change the line to 'fabulous Las Vegas'

K-

I want to see it sooo bad!
Give this lady a call she may be able to help with the video. remember my name is Brian.
Lisa Shofner 702-443-3888
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 pm

Check out the opening to this video.

Your opening can be similar...

If I was to make it, I'd make a few changes;

Fade in:
Desert Breeze park- day. Pan shot, rotating from left to right or right to left. Trees, grass, playground (preferably with kids playing on it), people jogging, doing sports, dagorhir people fighting. Music was calm, flowing. (25 seconds)

CLOSE UP: Zoom in on the fighting, watch for 15-20 seconds. Music in back ground that builds up to something intense.
Voice over: This is dagorhir. Medieval combat simulation... (Short explanatory blurb)

Fade to a surt running over to the camera

SURT: dressed in his armored garb with shield and weapon, smiles, a sparkling smile as only he can do.

SURT: "Hi, I'm Surt, I am the leader of the Realm of Barad'Dun. We are a chapter of Dagorhir Battle Games, here in lovely Las Vegas, Nevada. (need 5 seconds worth of more text) and this is what we do..."

B Roll: Fades in at "a chapter" in surt's speech.
Shot 1: Mob led by SASQUATCH running towards the camera. (5-10 seconds)
Shot 2: SASQUATCH comes rushing threw the shot, wearing his kilt and carrying his large shield, followed by a MOB OF OTHER FIGHTERS. Camera does not move or pan to follow them. Mob runs through the shot. (5-10 seconds)
Costume check: Have people wear different tabbards or garb. Give illusion there are more people there.

Fade back to Surt at "and this".
Sasquatch Shield bashes Surt out of the scene seconds after he says "we do" and charges on, followed by the mob. SMITHY (part of the end of the mob), pauses with an arrow notched in his bow and then lets it fly. He faces the camera.

SMITHY: "That's what we do."(little repetitive, could be some other short blurb) notices mob on his right (camera left) before turning and running in the direction he came with a different mob (2-4 people) running after him.

Cue different sound track with 10 second clips of fighting, stills of fighters in combat that move (zoom and pan), get extreme angles like feet up, people running past, people falling onto the camera(plexy glass) (no more than 1 minute worth total)
End with text of the location "Corner of 1st and 2nd ave"
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Too complicated for me. Akeria is making the actual promo video for us so some of that might be helpful to her.

I might just stick with the simple beginning. Then do a photo montage, then a few small vid clips, then a break utilizing some of our fellows to explain the quick and dirty rules with demonstrations of weapons, then more photo montage, then a rostrum shot of a map to the locale and finally a live shot of the whole realm shouting "Come out and fight with us!" or something to that effect.

Kornadr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm

I was gonna ask. I was bored and was going through meetups. For those who may not know, its a site full of clubs and groups of all sorts by location. You can get on there and find anything and there is a lot of people on there.

I was wondering if I could have permission to make a meetup group?

Did we ever get Craigslist and/or facebook advertisement going?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:18 pm

I posted a craigslist ad last Tuesday but we'd have to do it almost daily in order for it to be worth it.. maybe try the newspaper..?
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Cancel the meetup thing...I didn't realize they charge to make a group:p It used to be ALL free!

Give me the flyer for Cragslist, and I will start posting often.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm

I didn't make a flyer exactly, I just typed up a small paragraph about Barad'Dun and Dag and two pics of the realm fighting. I think you have to pay if you wanna post a big picture of our flyer orsomething. The downside is you can only post an ad one time, so the next dag ad we post has to be slightly different than the last, unless we had a premium account with them that could post larger pictures such as a large flyer/action pics.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:08 am

A while back I added all my mother in laws friends(700 something, lmao) on facebook to network and advertise my computer skills to try to make money, which has brought me some side cash.

Then I was thinking of doing this to try to bring more people for dag, so i made a blog to post up a link to every once in a while on my facebook wall!

here it is!

Anyone have any problems? or edits?

http://thomasalesterayers.blogspot.com/2010/04/come-play-dagorhir-with-realm-of.html
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 am

Attaboy Caretaker, Nice page! Keep it going.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 am

Thank you:D I wanted to do it, however, I did not want to post something someone did not want posted so, if anyone has an issue with the content or suggestions, we can see what we can do:p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Promotion of the Realm question.   Personal Promotion of the Realm question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Promotion of the Realm question.
Page 1 of 1