Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Yestare it is.

Go down 
+14
Loptr
Alacian
Phoxly
bacchus
Taco
sasquatch
Strider
Demie Zephyra
Surt
Isk
Hxctemplar
Sarabi
Morlock
konradr
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:16 am

Kitty and Taco post what we'll need for the campout and people can post what they will provide for the common good.

Post when/if you know for sure that you are going and if you are driving and how many seats you have for passengers. I don't want to leave anyone behind (Surt, we're kidnapping your ass)

There are two Barad'Dun convoy's heading out. One at 5am friday morning with most of the heavy gear, led by Taco, and one either at 3pm or 7pm, led by myself.

If you have a problem that is holding you back, post about it and we'll see if we can all solve it so you can make the trip. I want everyone to come. Don't let money or not having stuff or parents hold you back, lets see if we can work it out together.

Everyone, for the next three weeks tell Surt how much we'll miss him if he doesn't come and lead us. (Surt we're kidnapping your ass, oh, I said that already)

Did I forget anything????

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Morlock

Morlock

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 2:54 am

If there is a seat, I can be in Vegas by 1 am on Friday. I will ask the rest of the group here, tomorrow, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:26 am

We'll try and let you know with enough time Morlock. We still haven't nailed down the details. We had about 15 hands go up with people who want to go, but no 100% yes we're going. Then we are short of transports so as soon as we get definate answers from people who are going and especially people with vehicles, we can match heads to vehicles and see what we got leftover.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 am

ALRIGHT!! >.< I'M SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS EVENT I'VE NEVER ACTUALLY BEEN TO A BELEGARTH EVENT FOOLS RAID WAS MY ONLY " EVENT " but yeah josh has been going since he was 14 years old and i've been dating him since i was 16 years old soooooooooo..... yeah i kinda know how this is gonna work. plus years and years of my family camp outs i know the down low on what's happenening.

ok Yestare X (( 10 for those who can't read roman numeral like me )) it's gonna be held May 14, 15, 16 i checked google and yahoo for the weather on both dates both are saying that they should be in the high 70* durring the day and the low 40* durring the night for those who are not used to that weather you should bring extra blankets blah blah blah you know sweaters stuff to keep you warm. it's located at Fort Buenaventura. Ogden, UT Yestare Map
Cost is $15 (includes feast on Saturday) so save your money...

ok so yeah if we're doing a camp out thing these are the things that you might wanna consider bringing make like a check list for yourself double check it a couple times even to make sure you have everything.

CAMPING

Tent
(check that all of its parts are there before you leave home) [maybe even set it up in the backyard to be really sure]
Tent stakes (sturdy, 8” or longer)

Mallet
Tarp (big enough to go under or over your entire tent or possibly something that can go over your tent there is still a chance that rain could happen)
Sleeping bag (appropriate for the weather if your not used to colder weather maybe bring some extra blankets of more than one sleeping bag)
Air mattress and air pump (should you desire comfort)
Pillow
Towel (even if showering isn’t an option) (refer to The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy)
Sunscreen (SPF 30 or better even though there will be alot of trees it's always good to have them)
Bug spray (trust me, ticks suck…literally)
First aid kit (band-aids, Neosporin, pain killers, tweezers, possibly a ace rap just in case don't think it will happen but theres a chance that it might)
Cooler with lots of ice
Cooking utensils/ Feasting utensils
(Pot, pan, Matches, Can opener (never go camping without a can opener) [and corkscrew if you're into that sort of thing ] spoon, fork, knife plate bowl mug or goblet they won't have utensils there maybe we can just get a big box for just our camp )
Food (make sure you have plenty of snack foods with you just in case)
Trash bags ( you will be asked to clean up after yourselfs i'm sure you guys already know that but lets make them want us to come back and not make a huge mess )
WATER!!! (Bring enough for a gallon a day per person or at least a large jug to fill onsite everyone bring they're own gallon go to a store get a cheap bottle of soda pour it out (( or drink it )) and use that as something that you can refill you don't know how important it is to have your own water jug)
Flashlight
Batteries
Camping Chairs (you don't necessarily need it but it's nice to not have to sit on the hard dirt)
Cell phone [ & charger ]
Money
Cooking Fuel (charcoal, lighter fluid, camp lighter, propane if your planning on cooking there )
Cigarettes if you smoke (URHEM smithy, caretaker, heritic)
Spare keys for your car that stay with a trusted friend at the event Optional

this isn't all nessicary i don't thing everyon needs to bring some of these things but if there are things that we can get as a group you know maybe help pitch in with food and other things konradr and surt if you guys wanna work that out make sure to post it soon on things you guys want people to bring i'm sure you know that but i'm telling you cause i want to be the momma bear GRRR!!!

PERSONALS

you should know what to bring but if your anything like my boyfriend some people need alittle reminder lol

Prescription medications (keep in original packaging)
Baby wipes (trust me, they can even strip paint…yes, I’ve tried.)
Toilet paper
Paper towels
Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, women’s needs, contacts, etc.)
Socks (again bring lots and lots)
Underwear (if you’re into that sort of thing)
jacket/ sweater ( once again if your not used to cooler weather you might wanna bring it.)

FIGHTING

if you wanna fight you want your weapons to pass and they ask you to wear garb. so look good it's makes the experience more fun and makes pictures and video's look good. i think about a week before this event maybe even a couple days check all weapons to see if they pass. but for quick fixes you might wanna bring these just for in case.

Garb
BELT!!
Armor
Sturdy shoes and boots
Pouch
sewing Kit
( to fix minor rips and tears if you like)

it's probably a givin that you will have all of this

Weapons (check and make repairs before you leave and bring foam and tape for repairs) [Pack weapons very carefully so they don't get crushed. Far too many weapons fail weapons check due to bad packing]if we take the open trailer we will be sure to be VERY careful with eveything
Duck tape
cloth tape
panties hose ( they make quick covers ) or socks
some blue foam
double sided tape ( if you wanna do a quick rebuild )

and that should be about it. all in all we want this to be fun for you guys and everyone will do what they can to make the experience exciting for you. we will update you guys more if we hear anything i know this list is semi HUGE but in the long run i don't think you need every little thing you might be able to mooch some things from other people but make sure its ok before you just you know and like i said before if you guys wanna work out on somethings where we just pitch in to get it let us know.i'm probably gong to try and get everything i might miss a few but everyone should do there best to help out

hope that this helps and you can use it for other week or weekend events this list could help alot keep it in mind if you wanna move it to an ACTUAL post konradr your more than welcome to you said something about a poll thing i'm not too smart with that shit so... you know whatever you want i'm also gonna try to get the camera over there.

♥️ PeAcE ♥️ afro
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:04 pm

If Smithy/Taco are going to be carrying most if not all of the equipment for us, I can hold 3 people in my car.

Demie, if you can be my co-driver then I can go. If not, need someone who can drive in case I either get tired or need a break lol highly unlikely but still don't want to assume nothing will happen.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Great list Akeria and breaking it into sections is very helpful. Here is a list we use to prep for events if anyone wants another variation on the theme:
http://geddon.org/index.php/Sorcia%27s_Packing_List

And, seriously, get Surt there. I don't think I got to cross swords with him at WoR at all. Come meet the locals! I was just talking you up to FB as a Dag leader who's keeping the game straight and you gotta come represent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Surt, Maybe we can fly you out Saturday night?

I'm assuming its Southwest Airlines flying in and out of the area? Do they go to Ogden or how far is Salt Lake City's airport? We can drive you there at night and get you a flight out. Let me check the prices for one way.

The last flight out on Saturday looks to be 8:30pm Utah time. The earliest flight out on Sunday is 7:00am Utah time arriving in Las Vegas at 7:20 (our time) The next one after that is 9:45am arriving our time at 10:00am. I think we have enough realm donation money for the online Payment via the website which is only $77 for all the above flights.

http://www.southwest.com/

Roundtrip would be $150 paying online. leaving Friday 16th coming back Sunday 16th.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Yestare is a Belegarth event. Of course our game and their's are the same. Their Heralds are called MARSHALLS (which is also the term in the SCA). They also wear yellow.

Here is a copy of their minimum garb listing for events. Note: T-shirts, even one's of a plain color without logos, are not considered garb and must be worn under a Tunic or Tabard.

Quote :
* 1. Garb
o 1.1 Garb is defined as the clothing to be worn by all participants of Belegarth.
o 1.2 Minimum garb is the basic requirements for all participants. Minimum garb is defined as.
o 1.2.1 A tunic or tabard covering the torso.
o 1.2.1.1 Neutral colored t-shirts, with no visible printing, or sports bras may be worn underneath a tunic or tabard.
o 1.2.1.2 Wearing nothing on the torso is acceptable for men.
o 1.2.2 Baggy pants or trousers covering the legs.
o 1.2.3 Skirts, Kilts, and Dresses are acceptable substitutes.
o 1.2.4 Footwear should be muted colors, boots are preferred athletic shoes should be of a dark color and not unnatural. Barefoot or Sandals are acceptable.
o 1.2.5 Any piece of modern equipment or clothing required out of medical necessity overrules the minimum garb requirements.
* 1.3 Forbidden items:
o 1.3.1 T-shirts that are brightly colored, white, with visible logos, with visible collars, and or visible pockets.
o 1.3.2 Camouflage or military issued cargo pants.
o 1.3.3 Modern jeans of any color.
o 1.3.4 Modern hats.
o 1.3.5 Any fabrics with modern prints.
o 1.3.6 Any realistic weapons.

[edit]
Basic Garb

From the Eriador website:

[edit]
Garb Requirements

Tradition has established certain expectations of what is and is not acceptable for garb. Minimal garb expectations include a tunic of crotch length or longer and medieval style(baggy) pants. Otherwise, non-humanoid characters are expected to maintain garb that is not blatantly mundane and is fitting to their character. Footwear is preferably period boots or earth tone shoes, however is not considered of great importance.

Certain things are particularly forbidden: Blue jeans, camo outfits, and live steel(sheathed or not) are not allowed on the field. Anything blatantly mundane and modern should be avoided.

In our sport, you will be judged to some extent by your garb, so dress to impress and look like your character, not mundane Joe Blow.
[edit]
Tips for cheap but acceptable garb

Tunics. Good Will is your friend. Rowan of Nan Belegorn pioneered the "polo shirt tunic" which is, perhaps, the simplest garb fix I know. Get a polo shirt from Goodwill ($2), cut off the collar, buttons, and any noticably hemmed edges. Poke some holes where the buttons used to be, and thread some leather lacing through the old button holes. Voila, insta medieval look.

[edit]
Pants

Lots of people get away with black sweatpants, cut off the bottom elastic if you like. Another cheap solution is martial arts pants. You can get them in white or black from Century Martial Arts. They're loose, will take a lot of abuse, and look period. Also, many people use hakama pants, which can also be found at Century Martial Arts.

[edit]
Skirts

A common trend among monsteresque personas nowadays is big baggy colorful skirts. Often you can find something colorful and perhaps a bit flashy, then shred it to rags--the long tatters create nice visual effects when you see goblins whipping off mad ninja spin moves and twirling around with flailentine. For a hordish look, scrapped up earthtone clothes work real well. Once again you can find suitable stuff cheap at Goodwill-- sweaters, skirts, shirts you can rip up, etc. all for under $3 an item.

[edit]
Footwear

A lot of monster and oriental personas tend to go barefoot. For more European humanesque personas earthtone boots or mocassins aren't hard to find at a typical department or shoe store.

[edit]
Feasting Garb

For when you want to dress shnazzy for feasts, its probably cheapest to design your own formal garb. Its possible to find fancy capes, cloaks, and the like through online merchants, however they're usually very expensive. Visit your local fabric store for cool fabric and patterns. You may find something in costumes/renaissance sections of pattern books. Feasting garb is usually something people don't acquire until after they've been in the community a while so don't sweat not having any.

The rule info is quoted from the Bel Book of War (which is almost the same as the Dag manual of Arms)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm

i have to be on set at 9 a.m. on sunday the 16th. i would have to be home before then if i were to go.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Morlock

Morlock

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:18 am

Lots of interest, no $$$. No

Looks like traveling to Vegas and then riding with you guys isn't an option either. Sad

Work is pending my request for the days off. If that happens to be Grad week then I will be denied time off Sad

Yestare X
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:50 am

I'm going. I can't drive there, but I am going.

Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate for how much money I'll need to save up by then?
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 am

I could most likely make it and provide transportation, but with it being rather close to Ragnarok I'm not really sure. I'll know more in a week.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:48 am

yay demie is goin for sure now... if you want to ride with taco it is 30 bucks a seat for gas 15 for the event then you gotta think about food and i don't know wut that is i always bring way to much food with me when i go campin .............. THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

I was just lookin at my campin supplies and i found some propane tanks and a lil camping grill and a couple of sleeping bags and chairs all that stuff is extra so if any body does not have this stuff lemme know and i can bring it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 am

Everyone throw up a list of what you have extra in the way of camping stuff, garb, and people can start claiming it up ( I got dibbs on X)

If money is the issue, PM me and let me know how short everyone is. I'll see what I can do.

I'm not 100% sure yet either on my end. Still waiting for the right moment to discuss it with the little misses. If I offer to Drive Surt, I might end up leaving Saturday night in order to get him home in time for his acting gig.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:30 am

ya i'm still going though stuff can't believe how much campin crap i've aquired so post up if you need somethin ... i still have to go to storage also
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Taco

Taco

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:01 am

camping chairs lots of camping chairs, and also if you guys want me to take stuff, plz tell me Demie i have spots opean and if you want to leave earily
Back to top Go down
bacchus

bacchus

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am

Surt, if you can book the flight i will personally make sure some one is sober enough to get you too and from the airport, even if you yourself isn't sober Wink

Garb: make sure you have it, Fork is going CRAZY and he will get a group together and wrap u in caution tape till you get some, (he handed out warnings at Thaw Brawl)

Cant Wait to see you guys, i will be emailing konrad the waiver here shortly
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

bacchus wrote:
Surt, if you can book the flight i will personally make sure some one is sober enough to get you too and from the airport, even if you yourself isn't sober Wink

Garb: make sure you have it, Fork is going CRAZY and he will get a group together and wrap u in caution tape till you get some, (he handed out warnings at Thaw Brawl)

Cant Wait to see you guys, i will be emailing konrad the waiver here shortly

Ask Par if he has his newbie garb of shame (its a pink dress) that he used to threaten people without garb into wearing until they had it.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:48 pm

*doesn't have anything spare*

Also don't have a tent (Love you Caretaker. =P No, really man, I do. *begs* lol).

Am buying my bro and I sleeping bags. Yeah, yeah. I've been here four years and never went camping.

I do however have help by way of gas money for Taco's RV coming by Yestare and food crap. So, suck up to Taco if you need a ride because he'll have plenty of gas.
Back to top Go down
Loptr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Whilst packing your gear,
your forgetting a very important item that will make your event a much more memorable time.

This might seem out of place to the uninitiated but bear wtih me. Those of you that met me should understand.

The most important thing you could remember second only to a great attitude is quality non mas produced beer for Loptr!

Hear me now believe me later.

Huggs from afar,

Lopty
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 am

Surt, Bacchus, I'll volunteer. I'm always sober Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:45 am

i want to go to this now as useual with me theres a laundry list of probs first me and my family havent gone camping since i was 6 so we have nothing but im not hard to please i dont need much more than a blanket i like nature and hence can sleep outside if need be . two i have no cash and job hunting has been a complete failure i will get what i can but would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered i also need garb and weapons as my current weapon is a nearly complete loss im gonna try to get to a store and get something i can make quick garb out of but the way things have been lately im not getin my hopes up Sad if ppl cant help me out its completely ok i know im askin alot if i have to miss it then i hope everyone has an epic weekend and i will miss you guys. see you all at practice
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 am

Tis Final, I arrive at SLC at 1 pm. Now to find a ride from airport to site...

Also edgar, your plight tugs at my heart strings...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:20 am

Morlock, PM Bacchus, they said they can arrainge transport from the airport.

Ok, I have talked to my wife and I can go. I have to take the jeep which mechanically is older than the van and I have never taken it on a long ride. I still have to find out from work when I can get off or if I can get the whole day off. If I can get the whole day off, I'll keep Romeo out of school and I would like to leave with Strider so we can caravan together. If I get off late, I may take a nap and then leave very late and get there very late. Leave a candle out for us.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I need to get printer ink but PM friday for those needing under 18 waivers, otherwise I may forget.

I am going to start planning my pre-trip to do list soon. I am going to buy a tent. A family tent because in June my wife and I are taking a week off at the same time. We were planning a vacation but it looks like it will only be a camping weekend instead. Sooooo I need a tent anyways and nows a good time to buy it. I won't be able to put it on the Taco caravan cuz I can't buy anything til after Tuesday of next week. So I will bring it.

Work is letting me know today if I will have the whole day off Friday or half. Its more than likely only half which means leaving at around 8 or 9pm and arriving while everyone is asleep at like 2 or 3 in the morning.

I am under alot of pressure with our house, we are in default and may have to move very soon. I have 16 years of junk in this house and I don't like the idea of moving. We're playing a waiting game with the mortgage and with these people we're trying to get a loan from. I hate waiting games. My hair is getting whiter everyday!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yestare it is. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yestare it is.   Yestare it is. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yestare it is.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next