Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Update On Your Mascot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alacian

Alacian

Update On Your Mascot Empty
PostSubject: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Ok...

So, I've only spoken to a few of you but I may as well update my status here.

I passed my test on April 21st and I will be going to processing this next Wednesday on May 5th through the 6th. I will be receiving my medical exams and should everything go okay (meaning I don't have like cancer or the bubonic plague) I should be accepted and getting sworn into the U.S Air Force Reserves.

I've signed up for a contract in Unmanned Aerospace Systems (Sensor Operator). I will be entering as an E-3 instead of an E-1 and hopefully my ass will be on a plane to San Antone by October at the latest (I get five day notice if they don't give me an exact at MEP's).

To better explain my job since I got hold of a man in my current position out at Creech today...(I'm tricky like that.)...

I'm going to be a Sensor Operator that controls the camera in UAV's. I am also responsible in guiding the bomb and the missile to the targets by use of satellites/lasers. It's a two man team type of reconnaissance job. I will be backing up my pilot by watching the status of the aircraft and making sure we are safe. Most of the time I will be target prosecuting using the camera.

When I do leave for training I will be gone all of nine months and going through several different tech schools. The last of which is where I will be assigned to my pilot to finish our training together before being shipped back to Creech for another several months of active duty training. Expect my leave to be about nine months aside from two weeks where I'll be home for Christmas if I leave by October. And altogether I should be on active duty for about sixteen months straight with my training.

As soon as I hit tech school out at Goodfellow, I intend to also enroll in their long distance classes in order to gain a bachelors in business management. I will also be entering their airman leadership program to juggle that with tech and college. It will be a lot to take at once, but it will help enable my ability to become a commissioned officer as well as make E-4/Senior Airman before my return in nine months. I expect that after my sixteen months are up I will be at if not past Journeyman level in my AFSC as well as an E-5/Staff Sergeant and working on my commission. At that time when my training is up I will be switching into active duty in the Air Force instead of just the Reserves. Though they say they're short handed at Creech hence my active duty of sixteen months in the Reserves because they need me for my AFSC.

I also intend to continue my linguistic pursuits because you never know what will fall in your lap with government and military jobs. Yes, I'm to ambitious and an over achiever for my own good.

Anyway...there's my rant. Life has been a rollercoaster these past few months. But I'm rather content with the up's and sometimes pissed at the down's.

As long as they don't dub me terminally ill or fail me for my psych after talking to Smithy so much...=P I'll be good to go and starting my exercise regiment every day after I return from processing as well as learning everything they'd teach me at BMT book wise when I get there.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 pm

;( what if Phoxly never sees you again? Either way I wish you the best when you go, I think it will do you damn good to get a career going and start your future, seems like a stressful job o__o
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Phoxly wrote:
;( what if Phoxly never sees you again? Either way I wish you the best when you go, I think it will do you damn good to get a career going and start your future, seems like a stressful job o__o

Stress is what makes the world go 'round. Life is a balancing act and you learn to juggle it to the best of your ability. I believe that you make your stake in this world by what you leave behind and the people whose lives you leave an impression on along the way. If I can leave behind a modicum of goodness and do my part to shape the world to something a little better than the state we're in now and the direction they say we're headed; I'll be satisfied when the day comes that I leave this place behind.

And you will see me again. I'm not leaving for six months and then I'll be back in nine.
Back to top Go down
Morlock

Morlock

PostSubject: Re: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 pm

I hope things go as you have planned and that it brings you great happiness.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:07 am

Morlock wrote:
I hope things go as you have planned and that it brings you great happiness.

I intend to work my ass off for it. A great man once told me that we make our own luck and if I fail he'll come to my house and put a boot up my ass. So, I'm pretty confident in what I intend to do. But you have to be prepared for things to not go as planned. Thanks, Morlock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update On Your Mascot   Update On Your Mascot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update On Your Mascot
Page 1 of 1