Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Traveling to Andor....

Go down 
+6
Knubbs
Phoxly
Alacian
Sarabi
sasquatch
konradr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Traveling to Andor.... Empty
PostSubject: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Andor is a Belegarth Realm, and is located in San Diego. They practice on Sundays from 1:30pm on. Would anyone be interested in a summer trip to there? We could make it an overnight by camping on one of those campsites by the ocean. Could swim on Saturday, fight sharks, then go fight Andor on Sunday and be back home late on Monday night. Something like that.

For those of you who remember him, Ximali was from Andor.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:19 pm

i xmhali gunna be there?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Don't know. He did call Surt once, so maybe Surt can find out where he be at.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:19 pm

that sounds like fun im more interested in playing in the water lol jk jk jk i'm discussing with josh when to do my actual barrel in. i did mine with the first before the black lions were formed and i really wanna see if i can do it. plus i want one of those hot tabbards lol. but yeah if i do my barrel in before summer i will definitely be on the battle field
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

love the spark kitty if you want to spar just ask and i'll spar with ya
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

YAY i has a spar buddy! i need people to teach me still i'm still a noob i think josh let me win last time.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:08 pm

lol if you beat taco you don't need my help you is pro
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm in (barring military/job/family related issues.)
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:17 am

Again I'm not sure how much traveling I plan to do, atm:

Chaos (For Sure)
Samhein (For Sure)

As long as I have some notice (and when I finally buy a damned car) I'll know more. San Diego is kinda a drive right? Like 6-7 hours like Yestare?
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:08 pm

no.... 3-4 hrs... at most.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Knubbs wrote:
no.... 3-4 hrs... at most.

Oh my bad, Google maps said 5/6/7 hours depending on the route.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:28 pm

actually is 3-4 to LA anothe 1-2 to sd.... so yeah google's about right but going between 75 & Smithy we could get there in 4.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:47 pm

It's a six hour drive if you don't speed.

Seven depending on how many stops you make.

I've made the trip countless times.

If we do go, I'd love to come along. It'd be nice to go home and fight there.

Could probably get my daddy to drive the SUV.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:16 pm

I've been looking things up online. I figured 3 months advance notice would be good, but DAMN! People plan on these beachside campouts like 6 months or more in advance. So far I checked a couple and they are booked up throughout the summer. It's ok, I still have plenty to check. If I can't find one on the beach, I'll find one close enough that we can drive back and forth.

One thing I did finally realize. Irvine and San Diego are like 50 miles apart. I thought they both were in San Diego county, but Irvine's in Orange county. I'll try and find a campground in between, close to the ocean if not on the ocean. If I find one, I'll let y'all know so we can book it early. Then we'll email Andor and Anduril and Desert Wind and see if there is a park somewhere centrally located where we can all meet and spar, etc. Then its beach time.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

San Onofre (bluff site) in Orange county had some sites open late in September.

I'm emailing the San Diego KOA (Kampgrounds of America). They had some individual campsites open in August. I'm emailing them about group rates/availability. They are not on the beach, but it looks close enough to drive back and forth.

Their group max says 100 people. This is in the heart of San Diego(Andor's territory). If they are open to us fighting with them at their home park (Morley field) we could throw some emails to Aggelgorod and Anduril and Desert Wind.

Of course there are lots of state beaches in the area that sound cool: Leucadia SB (Beacons), Cardiff SB, Moonlight SB, Torrey Pines SB. So, Demie, as our resident San Diego ambassador, which beach is the best???

I think other cool ammenities in the area, if I'm not mistaken, are Seaworld (?), the San Diego Zoo, and the Museum of Natural History. Am I missing anything Ambassador Demie?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Not too sure about the beaches, Konradr. x] Didn't go to 'em often.

And by the amenities you mentioned, I'm guessing that the area is around Balboa Park, which is an amazing place. One of my favorites. <3 Great place for a fight. Very Happy

Or to just walk around if you don't feel like fighting. There's like, ten museums packed into that place.
Back to top Go down
Mantra

Mantra

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:00 am

I'd LOVE to go to Cali. Very Happy
I miss it-- fighting in Cali would be pretty bad ass. >:]
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:46 am

california here we come......

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:50 pm

i really wana go too it's been forever since i've been to cali i might make myself a weekend out of it cause i have family that live there too so i don't know yeah i wanna fight!..
Back to top Go down
Sword at UCI

Sword at UCI

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:41 am

We would love that. Let me know a date when plans are finalized. And don't do it during Chaos Wars!

-Anastasia of Chamonix
Marshal of Anduril
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:31 am

Okay I just got the email from the KOA in San Diego with costs, etc. She says the last two weekends are still open for alot of sites but they fill up fast so make researvations soon. I'm going to crunch the numbers tomorrow. I also asked her if there's a deposit to make a researvation. Group sites require a minimum of 60 people, but we could get a number of regular tent sites or family tent sites grouped together for all of us. Expensive though. I'll get back to ya and if I can make the rez, it would probably be the 2nd to the last weekend of the August or the last weekend of August.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Okay some basics. I'm still waiting to hear from them about minimun stay and check in/check out, but here's a basic plan.

Either weekend of August 14/15 or 21/22.

Basic plan, travel there early on Saturday. Check in (after 1pm), set up camp, go to beach, play in sand and sea all day. Go back to camp, dinner, campfire songs, ghost stories, whatever. Sleep.

Sunday, get up early, eat breakfast, pack up camp, check out (12 pm) go to Morley field, fight whoever shows up. After fighting for x hours against Cali's foam warriors, head home.

So that requires only one night stay. The KOA is kinda expensive. If I can, I will cover the camp fee's and you guys can just pay your gas and food.

Group site needs 60 people. The most we have traveled with so far was 29. So we can get several standard tent sites together or family tent sites together.

Each tent site is 20' x 15', can have 8 people and one car (I'm thinking 1 tent) 4 of those people can be adults (17 and over) for extra adults you pay extra. 17 and under are free. Standard sites are on grass.

Each Family tent site is 20' by 60', can have 12 people, and 2 cars. I'm thinking 2 tents. Once again 4 adults, extra adults is paid extra.

So I need to know how many of you really want to go, your ages, how many cars we will be taking, tents and what dates everyone thinks is best. Then If possible, I will make researvations by next pay day. (deposit is one nights fee's so I will basically be paying the whole thing when I make researvations so I need to know who wants in).

I'm taking my family one way or the other, I promised them the ocean this year and its now or never. I don't have anymore time off at work so it'll have to be over the weekend.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:04 pm

Here's a list of the beaches nearby from the lady at the KOA.

Quote :
The closest state beach would be Silver Strand State Beach. It’s about a fifteen minute drive from here and very easy to get to. I do believe you have to pay to access that part of the beach.

Otherwise, there are other really nice beaches within twenty minutes that are free of charge.

(These are the free ones from her 2nd email)

Quote :
Imperial Beach (it’s ok, has a pier, some shops and restaurants)

Coronado Beach (one of the Travel Channels top 10 beaches, higher end homes in area, close to Hotel Del)

La Jolla Beach (really nice, has cliffs, seals and tide pool; higher end homes in area)

Ocean Beach (interesting area, sort of reminds me of the 60’s & 70’s(hippies), has separate beach area for dogs)

Mission Beach (lots of activities, boardwalk, restaurants, rental companies for water toys, etc.)

That’s just a few that are within a 20 minute drive. The further north, the bigger the waves tend to be.

Morley Park is near the Zoo, which is about 10 miles away from here. It should take about fifteen minutes to get there.

As a kid I remember going to La Jolla beach. It was nice. I remember lots of tiny crabs hanging out there. My kids would love them!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:50 pm

The regular tent site can hold like 3 2 man tents, or 2 Medium sized tents or 1 large tent. The Family tent sites can hold double that.

The regular tent sites are on grass, the family one's aren't.

I'm leaning towards 14/15.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Andor....   Traveling to Andor.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traveling to Andor....
Page 1 of 1