Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Battle of the Gods...

Go down 
+4
Phoxly
Sylar
Demie Zephyra
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Battle of the Gods... Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:22 am

BATTLE OF THE GODS

The Greek Gods are at war with one another and mortals must choose a side.

2 to 6 Gods depending on the number of fighters.

Fighters chosen to be gods may choose, or Draw a God.

1. Zeus King of the Gods or Hera Queen of the Gods
2. Apollo Son god, god of Archery and music or Artemis, Goddess of the hunt
3. Eros god of love or Aphrodite goddess of beauty and lust
4. Hades God of the Underworld or Hestia, Goddess of home and family
5. Ares God of War or Athena Goddess of Warfare and Wisdom
6. Dionysus God of Wine and parties, or Demeter Goddess of Fertility

Each God draws a power card. The power card is a power they can bestow upon one of their followers depending on the power description. There are 6 power cards.

Divide up the mortal players evenly between the Gods, or have the Gods pick or have the Mortals pick which God they wish to fight for.

Powers

1. Hercules: One fighter may be chosen as Hercules he is considered to be fully armored and fights with a club that is treated as a Red.

2. Achilles: One fighter is chosen as Achilles, he is immune except for hits to the left leg below the knee.

3. Shield of Perseus: One fighter is given the shield of Perseus. It is indestructible.

4. Cloak of invisibility: One fighter must use a cloak. When he/she wraps himself he is completely immune to all attacks. However, he must drop the cloak to the ground in order to attack someone and then is vulnerable until he/she wraps up with the cloak again.

5. Head of Medusa: One fighter must carry a bag/ball or Head that is the head of Medusa. If he/she touches another fighter with the head, that fighter turns to stone. If the fighter carrying Medusa is killed, Medusa is destroyed and all Stoned fighters come back to life.

6. Minotaur: One fighter may be chosen as the Minotaur. Anyone who fights the minotaur must do so on their knees. If the Minotaur is killed or moves away, they may stand again unless they took a hit in the legs.

Rules.

The last God standing is the winner.

Gods can kill other Gods in normal combat.

Against Mortals, Gods are immune to hits in the limbs; however Kill shots make them 'Freeze' for a 5 second count. They can not be killed by Mortals.

Hercules can kill a God in Normal combat.

Cloak of invisibility, the head of Medusa, and the Shield of Perseus do not work against Gods.

Gods fight Achilles and the Minotaur as if they were normal mortals. (achilles can be killed or limbed by a God and Gods don't fight on their knees versus the minotaur)

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:51 pm

....This is amazing. We have to try this.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

If its too confusing we can do away with the powers and try it that way.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:16 am

Love the game. The only trouble would be differentiating between 'teams', since there are so many, and signifying Achilles and the Minotaur.

Hercules' club and Perseus' shield should be unique and noticeable.
Achilles and the Minotaur need to be marked in some way, shape, or form.

I know we used different colored headbands before (strips of cloth) to signify teams. If we got six different colors, the Gods could wear them over their heads or around their necks and the mortals could wear them around their biceps. The first round might confuse people a bit, but by the second, people are likely to catch on. At the same time, for the first round, only 2-3 gods should be chosen, as to make it easier to grasp.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:39 am

Pretty sure it can work with Gods vs. Gods vs Fighters who are not gods, and if the fighters are left standing they become the new gods. Very Happy

This seems epic Konradr. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:47 am

Sylar............................................................................ i really cant reply without being rude.

Good stuff Konrad we should try it
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:25 am

Those would be awsome games to play at practice. I wanna try these next practice lol
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:36 am

I love the games you come up with Konradr.

I wish ATD would play around with some of these flurby games. I'm still trying to get a game of Goblin Evolution going.
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:38 am

I choose Aphrodite, obviously. PLUG FOR THE PLUG GOD.

Even though it does sound like a ton of fun, I'm worried it's a little complicated and dare I say... LARPY? Cool rules are cool but sometimes I just want to fight no magic no immunities no gimmicks.

But you guys know me I'll jump into any game anytime :3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 am

I know I have enough headbands in my leftover bag of headbands for two teams with headbands and one team without. So we could do with 3 gods only. We can use the odd colored headbands or the leather king headbands to denote powers. The shield of Perseus instead is the power of perseus and thus whoever wears the headband is using an unbreakable shield.

I want to get rid of the cloak of invisibilty as it would be difficult to use on the field, and replace it with the power of the 'Sword of Theseus'. This power gives any weapon that its wielder is using the power to gimp and kill gods permanantly.

So each team can either draw 1 power or 2 powers.

Back to top Go down
Sylar

Sylar

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:06 am

If you're worrying about the cloak because, well, the fact that a cloak is annoying to lug around, switch it for a cap (which I think is actually more accurate), which should make it just fine. Another thing you might want to do is denote whether the PERSON wielding the item is special, or the item they're holding. For example, would the club Hercules is holding be a red, or would any (blue) weapon Hercules holds be a red? If the former, would mortals be allowed to use it should Hercules fall?

At the same time, I'd prefer that each team only has one power. This would make each team have a god, and each god would have a representative. I have no clue which (1 or 2 powers) would work in game, so I really have no idea. And on with the 'Sword of Theseus', it seems a bit overpowered compared to the other powers. Hercules gets a power and the ability to kill a god (not sure if this includes gimping, I assume it does), a red weapon, and full armor. I think that it would round it out a bit more if EACH power had the ability to kill a god, or make it an exclusive power, all on it's own.

P.S. ...Hades and Zeus, but no Poseidon? Wtf? D:
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:12 am

Well, since we never ran this game, no one knows how it will work, will just have to try it one of these days and see. I like the 'sword of theseus' because it gives one more power that can actually hurt the gods rather than one that only makes a mortal more difficult to kill vs the other mortals.

In theory, all the Gods could die if a mortal with a power kills the last god, so maybe the end of the game should be when one God's team is left standing however many of them are left.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:19 am

I wanna try the game with the original rules though first, and if it was confusing to people or if it was a little diffulcult to play then we could change the rules a little bit like we always do with a new game.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 am

We'll play test it in a few weeks after King's Tourney.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 4:38 am

Yeah this is the last weekend for fighting til the event. Should do simple line fights and work on teamwork.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I'd like to work on our realm battle tactics and stuff like that, but I heard the majority of the Warwolves were skipping to do their own training/building garb/weapons before the event.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Garb, we have lots of new recruits with no garb and this way we all come together on a day we can all actually get together with like 3 or 4 sewing machines and make some sets of garb for the event. Has to be done. See ya all at the event.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:43 am

cool black lion practice on saturday then
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:25 am

Maybe Heretic will come out Very Happy it'd be nice to fight with him the week before the event.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:01 am

Heretic has saturdays off now atleast so he might be able to make it this saturday.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:32 am

Battle of the Gods... 1265912504535_FUCK_YEA_s553x473_59716_580_i_heard_that_s268x226_59840_580_Microwave_Grape_Plasma_s268x226_69408_535_RE_Supermarket_Bag_Guy_with_Mad_Skills-s268x226-185992

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Gods...   Battle of the Gods... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Gods...
Page 1 of 1