Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice at Mount Charleston....

Go down 
+5
sasquatch
Knubbs
Phoxly
Demie Zephyra
konradr
9 posters

What day is best for a day trip to Mt Charleston?
Saturday, August 14th
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap18%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Sunday, August 15th
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap18%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Saturday, August 21st
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap9%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Sunday, August 22nd
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap9%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Saturday, August 28th
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap0%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sunday, August 29th
 18% [ 2 ]
Any
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap27%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
None, because I work
Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_lcap0%Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
None, because I suck
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Practice at Mount Charleston.... Empty
PostSubject: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:19 pm

It was brought up at this past Saturday about the possibility of moving one of these Hot August practices up to Mt. Charleston to take a break from the heat with some cool mountain air, nice grass fields and bunches of trees. The consensus was that we should do it.

The Marshall suggested the 14th which is this Saturday. Another option would be the 15th, which is Sunday and wouldn't coincide with normal Realm practice, and we could make it a picnic. Also if this 14th is not enough notice, we could do it on Saturday the 21st or Sunday the 22nd, or Saturday the 28th or Sunday the 29th.

Knubbs, I believe, knows of a place where practice can be held, that NERO has played at.

The thought is to meet at Desert Breeze park, lets say at 10:00 or 11:00 am and then everyone pile into the available cars, gas up and drive up to the Mountain to fight.

What say one and all?

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Uh, not sure that's the best idea, but we could try it.

If we did, we'd have to make absolutely sure every single person has enough water to make it through the day.
And there's currently absolutely no cell phone service up there right now.
Something is wrong with one of the towers nearby.

And I didn't see any open space when I went up there yesterday. o.O

We did, however, see a biker die on the side of the road. >.>

Make sure that the people driving are very, very careful.

And it's actually quite chilly. Make sure to bring a jacket.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 pm

I think we should shoot for a Sunday Smile I'm down though.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Its on the way to the Boy scout camp ground...

Its the meadow off to the right side going up the mountain. Probably about 20 mins up the road.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:00 am

plz not this weekend i think it would be great for althing though....i will not be able to go to practice this weekend
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:28 am

Althing would be on Sunday the 29th. Do you guys want to do it then? We could go to one of the picnic area's and BBQ and fight the tournament and games in the trees???

Konradr
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:17 am

the allthing idea sounds good for me i know i should have a much freer schedule by then Smile but whatever you all decide is awesome if i miss it i hope you all have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:53 am

My vote goes for the weekend After this one. I like this is idea and I am out of town this weekend unnexpectantly.

Also: for those who are interested, I have a new phone. 702-5019931
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:48 am

D:

I change my vote. I found out I'm working this weekend.

Maybe the next one...
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:50 am

I'll write down the votes and take it up with the King and the Tribunal at this practice.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:59 pm

i think it would be a great althing event!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Oops...   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I clicked the wrong button and accidentally closed the poll. If you need to vote still just post it here. Thanks and sorry.

-Kilanos
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:49 pm

It looks like alot of folks are favouring Althing being in the mountains (August 29th) We can still meet up at Desert Breeze park at 10:00 am for those needing rides and then those who have rides and want to come later can do so.

Knubbs can you draw a map to this location you were talking about. Is it a picnic area?

developed picnic areas are on this link...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/recreation/camp_picnic/smnra_camp/smnra_camping.shtml

Note, we can't afford a group site, all are expensive and researvable. However, single's are either $8 a car or $10 a car and are first come first serve. So we could pull up in a caravan and grab as many sites together as we can.

If money is an issue. I will see if I can find the funds to get everyone in.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:52 pm

This link is to the Cathedral Park picnic area researvation site. Only the group sites are shown and they are too expensive to researve. However the site also has single sites for $8 a car, which are first come first serve. I see lots of trees in the pics.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Cathedral_Rock_Grp_Picnic_Area_Nv/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70430&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

This one is Foxtail site and ditto on the info..

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Foxtail_Grp_Picnic_Area_Nv/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70432&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:48 pm

I'll have to go up there to confirm the location. Smile

Probably go this sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice at Mount Charleston....   Practice at Mount Charleston.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice at Mount Charleston....
Page 1 of 1