Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Starting Archery

Go down 
+7
Dwyna
Kyrian
Izmiranna Peregrine
Smithy
konradr
K'urn
Prysm Stormfallen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Starting Archery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 am

I think I am in love...

Was sitting chatting to a m8 earlier on Skype, and realised I was gently stroking my bow...

Or would you class this as more a post for the 'obsessed' bit...? lolz

P

(and aren't you all glad I said bow...)
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 am

Phoxly wrote:
Careful, templar and I were testing arrows in the house from the kitchen to his bedroom... he missed and bounced one off the window in his room lol full draw from 20 ft away, I guess that arrow was safe.

Omg you'll never let that go hahaha
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:44 am

It would have been even better if the window was open bahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:27 am

And if the window had open and it hit someone that you don't know xD
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:01 pm

Pics of the bow... As promised.
Will get pics of me using it soon...

Starting Archery - Page 3 100_0104
Starting Archery - Page 3 100_0105
Starting Archery - Page 3 100_0103
Starting Archery - Page 3 100_0110

I cant wait til saturday when I get to try it out properly!

HOLLISTER - Battlefield awareness....!
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 am

Nice looking bow!!

K-
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 am

Thank you!

I like it, and one of the realm archers had a lil go on it... And likes it! lol

It needs a lil elfing up of the black arms but is ready to rock n roll as it is.

I am also in mid build of making a buckler to go with it, and researching practical quivers that will work with my character and off the field too as I have actually taken up target archery too. Fantastic range up at the very top of Decatur, and only $7 range fees for the day!

Just need to get down to the archery shop and pick up some arrow inserts (the things you would screw a normal tip into - been told they re-inforce the shaft so my shafts last longer), find me 4 more nerf balls, and get the dap out - oh - and learn how to tape the fabric covers on... And then I will have 6 of my very own arrows!

Then look out... heehee
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:40 am

http://board.belegarth.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38558

Make sure you don't tape too far up the open cell/nerf ball, and you want a piece of blue between your cap and the foam.

Smithy's arrows are a little iffy, and Lewin got nailed pretty hard by one last practice and it was still painful after the fight was over. We'll have to test them before ATD comes down.

Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 am

Sooo tempted to say 'man up wet pants!' or 'dry your eyes princess' but I will refrain for 2 reasons -

1, safety issue has been called...

2 - I dont want to be pelted with arrows on my next practice to 'educate' me...

You should be safe with me using the smithy type arrow as my draw is only 24" so even with a 35lb bow, I can only draw about 25lb with it. Bet Lego is pleased with that as it means I hit the bladder more lightly :p
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 am

Unfortunately that arrow was to his eye, and even though you can't pull back to 28", when I pick an arrow up of yours off the field and shoot it back, it will be 35lb. We have been testing all arrows every practice for safety because of it's popularity Smile
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Good call Phoxly. All arrows everywhere should be checked daily, and routinely throughout that day.
I insist on mine getting checked, just so 'if' something happens I'm covered. However, because I do keep an eye on my arrows, I rarely miss any complications.

That being said, I'll probably break someones nose this weekend...lol.

K-
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 pm

does that mean you are out to play this weekend... With us? Or with others?
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Darlin'..... unfortunately I'm still in Tn. I wish I could come hang with you all.

K-
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:02 am

Damn - I would pout n everything if I wasnt so exhausted form brainstorming new ideas for quivers for my character...

Sooooo.... (just doin a bit of fishin here...) If you are currently still in Tn... When are you coming back? Just wanna meet the realm archery guru Wink
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Tomorrow....if I had my way.
It's hard telling.

K-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Archery   Starting Archery - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting Archery
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3