Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Archery, Epic Fail.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Archery, Epic Fail. Empty
PostSubject: Archery, Epic Fail.   Archery, Epic Fail. I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:05 pm

This is why in dagorhir and belegarth archery, we have lots of padding on our weapons and our arrows. They are capped with a penny or a quarter so they don't stick into someone's skull, and they have lots of additional foam so they don't break someone's nose... Thank god we also have limits on the pull being only 30 lbs, no more.
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: Archery, Epic Fail.   Archery, Epic Fail. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 am

Um, it's 35lbs, Phoxly. And yes, archery is the most dangerous part of this game and arrow safety must be taken very, very seriously.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Archery, Epic Fail.   Archery, Epic Fail. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:27 am

I like their garb, but those arrows look like SCA blunts. SCA guys were helmets with grills to prevent that! Reminds me of playing paintball back in the late 80's with my buddy. We both had pump guns & goggles without mask. I was defending a fort, he popped up from the side of a bunker and I was expecting it and POP right in the nose from about 10 feet away. He went down. His face was covered in red because it was a red paintball. Anyhow, next time we played we both had face masks. (Mine learning point came from a paintball to the corner of the mouth)

I guess if someone were worried about the face playing Dag/bel, they could get a paintball mask or one of those jason masks and paint it up. It wouldn't be armor but it could protect your face if you were worried about face hits.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Archery, Epic Fail.   Archery, Epic Fail. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Isk wrote:
Um, it's 35lbs, Phoxly. And yes, archery is the most dangerous part of this game and arrow safety must be taken very, very seriously.

Belegarth people told me it was thirty =/ my bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archery, Epic Fail.   Archery, Epic Fail. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Archery, Epic Fail.
Page 1 of 1