Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Dagorhir field battles.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Dagorhir field battles. Empty
PostSubject: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:42 am

I'm curious about the big melee field battles with Respawn. Is their an objective? I mean, in the Gates of Fire battle video caretaker put up for us, the battle was obviously not respawn so it was battle to total annihilation. In the big respawn battles like the one pictured in Wreackreation nation, Badon hill,(which is what brought me to Dagorhir) it seems like the battle is just one big Valhalla with two teams instead of individuals. There is a time limit and you keep respawning until the time limit is done. Doesn't seem to be any objective. Maybe it works because there are so many people. I guess that's the proverbial "meatgrinder" battle.

I wonder could we do a big two team Melee with a time limit rather than an objective and it would be an endurance thing. We could mark off two "Safe Areas" which is where each team's casualties would respawn and they couldn't be attacked while still in the safe area. That would give them time to form up again before advancing to combat.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:59 am

I like where you are going with this Konradr cause I enjoy Valhalla fights or team Valhalla fights in Bel, maybe create several teams of.. 3-4, only 3 teams are on the field at once and after one team dies another comes in?

Not sure how non-objective games work out cause Valhalla is th eonly I have ever played and it was more of a warm up. On the topic of the previous game I mentioned, maybe each team gets a point every 'round' they last, and each time a new team enters the field, the other teams on the field get a point. Or maybe thats crazy. Very Happy Brainstorm time.

(PS: When my brother gets back from the park I'll steal his SD card and get demie's oathing posted.)
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am

My buddy Katsu from Shannara just told me of a CTF style game where each team 2+ teams has a shield that represents their life force, as he called it "Bang the Shield" if your team's shield gets hit, your team dies, fairly simple. So instead of capturing a flag, you have to get in and hit that shield. Obviously would need a herald on each end to make sure no one rhino'd through to it...
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 am

I like the point idea. One change though. Your team only scores a point if there are two of you at the end of the time limit. That way you don't get to rely on the best fighters when they're the last standing.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 am

so then you will need to good fighters on one team!!!
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 am

When I was at gates, The whole day was nothing but respawn except for the first three battles. The video that I had posted was of a Realm battle. It gets kind of confusing to have 300+ people and trying to explain a game to all of them, so thats why they do unit battles, realm battles, and basic respawn battles, some of them have a few rules or objectives. Like the vally game I had told some people about. Its a timed game, with respawn but the objective is to be the side who is taking up most of the vally(which is two ropes), i think it was the team who was holding the area for like 5 mins got the point, a certain amount of points win

I love that video(The WN Doc video), since Badon Hill and Gates are at the same place just two different times of the year, it was so weird to actually be in a place that was on cable:D

I love the idea Konradr:D I love respawn games(except capture the flag)

@phoxly: The point game seems cool too:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dagorhir field battles.   Dagorhir field battles. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dagorhir field battles.
Page 1 of 1