Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

This is whats happening...

Go down 
+5
Kilanos
Mordy the Gnome
Aleksander Piotrowski
konradr
K'urn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
K'urn

K'urn

This is whats happening... Empty
PostSubject: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:07 pm

As some of you may know D'edra was laid off at her job. This posed no problem, because she was recieving unemployment benefits and i was workingt as well. We were in for some rough times, but we were going to make it. So, we left for Ragnarok on Saturday the 13th. On Sunday the 14th somwhere in Kansas I get a call from my boss laying me off for the summer. No work until September. We are royally screwed! As we are over half way to Rag. we decide to go on with our vacation. After paying some bills that we were going to wait on, we are broke, and having to borrow money to make Rag week. We are currentely in Ohio at my friends house.

I don't know what will happen in the weeks following Rag. However, we are talking very seriously that this may be the time to move back east. It will really suck to leave all you guys, especially in the young and growing state of Barad'Dun. If we do indeed move away, I really want you guys to continue and fight. Don't let this be the end!

I'm kinda at my wits end here guys. I wish you all the best of luck.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:53 pm

Terrible news, but I know the economy is having drastic effects everywhere.

I know Heretic may be leaving at the end of summer and though Surt has promised to return at that time, it is uncertain. I would say without any of you around with your leadership, your enthusiasm and especially your expierience, it may not be so safe to play. I would continue until I felt it was no longer fun or safe to do so, then walk away. I realize there are established groups in California, Utah and Arizona but money is tight and travelling is risky.

That being said, we will continue on through the summer and see how things play out. Have fun at rag and we will see you when you return.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:29 am

Oh.. crap...
Back to top Go down
Mordy the Gnome

Mordy the Gnome

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:03 am

well, regardless of what happens, im sure nightmare, rilith, and i will keep Barad'Dun going subtly because we have doing fights similar to it way before we knew you guys were here. I mean, I know the rules pretty well, i've read them a few times. This isnt something that'll be just let go of. I really hope things work for the best
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Sorry to hear what's going on K'urn. Though we will all be sad to see you go, you have to do what is best for you and the rest of us will understand. Hopefully you can manage to work things out here in Vegas but if not then we will try to get along without you. I know I personally don't want to see Dag end here and I'm sure a lot of others feel the same as well. If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:41 am

I just caught wind of this today at practice. I feel your pain, and hope that the best comes from these adverse times. I will take up as much slack as I can and try to maintain Barad'Dun. That being said, I believe that I have just inspired nightmares.

Have fun, Stay safe, and See you soon.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 2:38 am

stand tall and strong my friends. i promise i will return. we will find a way to resolve this.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Glad to hear from Surt. Anyone heard from Kurn or Strider yet? Have they returned from Rag?
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 12:36 am

I have talked to K'urn. I will let him tell everyone what is going on. He said the fighting was good at Rag, and that he enjoyed the battles that he could attend.
Back to top Go down
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:02 am

we returned late last nite...tired..sweaty...
and glad to be back in time to go pick up our cat earlier this morning...

we shall see you at practice...if there is one this weekend...

D~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marciex32
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:10 am

Welcome back guys! Glad you are home. As for practice this Saturday, We weren't sure if there would be one because of 4th of july. Heretic finally said no practice because its a family day. I think I might be willing to go out and practice but can't say 100%.

Speaking of cats, we found a tiny kitten in our back yard about 2 weeks ago. Just hiding from the dogs. Luckily one of the dogs had gotten tangled up and couldn't get to it. So we now have a cat and he is getting bigger. The kids just love him. They're all getting plenty of excercise chasing eachother around.

Hey, how come Strider hasn't fired up his computer yet? Where ya at?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm here, and i have 6 new kittens if anyone is interested. Yeah, i just got back from newport beach today and just heard about the wepons build as well. Not sure if i can make it, if i did i dont think i could bring materials, but i'll see.

A lot of upcoming events will try to shake us as a realm, but we cant give up. We have to stand tall and continue our forward march as the next powerful force of Dagorhir!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:38 am

We're planning to practice on Sunday so if you can't make the weapon's build, you should come out and practice so we can try our new weapons out. We might meet early though because of the heat. I'll find out at the weapon's build about what time people want to meet and post it when I get home.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is whats happening...   This is whats happening... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is whats happening...
Page 1 of 1