Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Left weapons

Go down 
+6
K'urn
Phoxly
konradr
Surt
Taco
Kilanos
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kilanos

Kilanos

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:00 am

It has come to my attention that many weapons were left at Renn Faire on Saturday and were never picked up on Sunday. I have also seen weapons and shields left at practice week after week and this is unacceptable. A few of us stay later and take it upon ourselves to make sure nothing is left because accidents happen but the line has been crossed. Those that left their weapons at Renn Faire will get them back, however, from now on anyone that leaves weapons and or shields at practice or events will have to donate $5 to the realm to get them back. If you think that is unfair just let me know and I will trash your stuff when you leave it instead. We are not your parents and should not have to clean up after you and take care of your things.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 4:13 am

sorry i thought i would be coming back to renfair but the car got toke last sec so sorry
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:11 am

i concur!

king
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:06 pm

You may concur, but I don't, I think that's kind of harsh.

There are people who leave things once in awhile because they simply forget, or loose focus, or are leaving them for others to use, or any other of many reasons. This is called "Shit happens". Granted, we are all old enough to care of our own stuff. If we are going to leave something behind, it behooves us to communicate with someone and make sure the stuff is taken care of.

Then there are those who habitually might just leave their stuff so they don't have to haul it or who are habitually forgetful or lazy. These people you should pull aside and talk to. Don't punish all for a few. Punish the few, Identify them, and deal with them.

Occaisionaly Shit happens and someone's stuff gets left behind or misplaced. That's when you rely on your Realmmates to "Watch your back". We are a Realm, we fight together, we trust eachother, we are suppose to help eachother out. I mean, if I can't count on my Realmmate to watch my back, to help me, to keep track of my shit if I forget it, then what's the point??? Are we a realm or what?

Granted, some folks need some discipline, take them aside individually and deal with them.

If we identify something as belonging to someone, a phone call to them would be good to see if they could come back for it or if they need someone to grab it.

WAR WOLVES, I expect you guys to ALWAYS watch out for eachother. If someone needs some help, help if you can. If someone leaves something, grab it for them. Nothing in return but a hearty Norse thank you. If it becomes a problem, we'll deal with it then, but we WILL look out for one another.

Personally I spend alot more than $5.00 on my shit to play this game, not to mention the gas hauling it from my side of town to practice. That is why I never have money. If I leave something, and the choice is to trash it or pay $5.00 then Trash it. When I am out of stuff, I will stop playing the game.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:04 pm

If it's a sword, a tabbard, or something small. No big deal, but if you left something big like a shield + your kit, then I can see why it would be upsetting...

@Konradr I got your back homie. Just mark your stuff lol.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:09 pm

Ditto phoxly.

Yeah, shields are big and bulky thats for sure. I lug enough of 'em. Can't see how someone would purposely forget something that big though. Must be an explanation or "shit happens" type thing.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 pm

I didn't realize there was a problem with people leaving their stuff, I usually stay til the last bunch of us leave for Taco Bell (well the last few weeks not really, but before) and I never saw much. Bottles were a bigger problem haha.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 pm

I believe that EVERYONE should take care of their own shit. If you care for your weapons MAKE SURE they aren't left anywhere. It's not that hard. If someone borrows your shit MAKE SURE they are responsible enough to take charge of it. "Shit" does happen but, when it happens ALL the time it makes a difference.

People; nobody wants anyone to take this badly. They just don't want to be 'expected' to be responsible for other peoples belongings.

I agree that there are situations where things get forgotten, but when a few people start to feel like others are using them as storage it gets old. You can not blame these few for getting a little peeved.

K-
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Agreed. I don't think people expect it out of ignorance, but as a show of respect that if I forgot an arrow on the field I wouldn't have to pay $5 to get it back. (Not that I'd ever leave my precious arrows on the field lol I'm pretty good about it)
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 am

it does happen from time to time and that is fine. but when that time happens and its the amount of stuff that was left at ren fair. its just unacceptable. especially when u dont even call and say hey i forgot this or that can u grab it for me? nope no call at all. just assumed people would take care of it. y should we care about peoples stuff when they dont. anyway this is just a warning, all be it i agree a harsh warning. but lets see people leave their crap behind now.

king
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:44 am

There is a HUGE difference between leaving stuff behind for people to use and/or making arrangements for it to be taken home and just walking off without it. Almost every practice I find at least one other persons weapon/shield/kneepads/shirt/or shoes. At Renn Faire, Smithy had almost a full truck load of stuff that was left. I'm not trying to be a complete dick here but something needs to change. Things are getting worse instead of better.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:22 am

I understand that it's a problem with large amount of stuff being left behind, but five dollars to get it back or it's trashed?

Now that is far too harsh.

If that's the case, I'll make sure I'm the very last person to leave every weekend and I will take whatever is left behind.

I could never trash someone else's weapon. Nor could I ever charge them five dollars for something that they worked hard to make.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:35 am

Okay guys, lets not let this get out of hand. The point is we all need to take responsibility for our stuff. People are tired of picking up after other people. For sure.

If you seen something left behind, if at all, lets communicate with one another, let's try to call the person first if we know who's it is. If we can get a hold of them, let's see who is left that is willing to take said item. Shoes, clothes, etc, I might leave, something more important like a whole bag of stuff, a weapon, sunglasses or something of that nature, I would grab and hold on to for someone in the Realm.

If you can't grab something, make sure you communicate with someone if they will take it for you or grab it. However, even then, that person may forget his promise but maybe if everyone asks everyone else then maybe it will jog the memory.

Honesty though, everyone in the realm should look out for everyone else, but they should not be taken advantage of by repeat offenders.

'nuff said, I love you all and I will help where I can. I will help Kilanos with anything he needs help with, just ask man, I love you too.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:38 pm

You hit the nail on the head Konradr. It's gotten passed the point of "helping realm mates out" to the point of people taking advantage of the generosity of a few. Have a little respect for your realm mates.
$5 is harsh but that's the point. I feel that if there aren't harsh consequences then people won't give a damn anyways so what's the point? I'm not asking for anything for myself, it will go to the realm and I'm pretty sure that after someone has to dig up $5 to get their stuff back, they won't leave it again.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:30 pm

lets not it get out of hand Konrad? the king just concurred and you said Fuck it trash my shit and ill stop coming. Very grown up of you.

Again forgetting something once in a blue moon is understandable but i see where Kilanos is coming from that stuff piles up. I have never left anything but when i do i will gladly pay the 5dollar storage fee for the week Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Well, Barrikaide, unless the Tribunal has disbanded it, I am still a member of the REALM COUNCIL, and as such, I take it as my DUTY to question anything they may put forward that I think may not be wise, or might be downright harmful for the Realm

Even if I were not a member of the Realm Council, I would still speak out I can not change their rulings, but I certainly can speak my mind without fear of loosing my head. I love the King, and I trust his judgement, as I do the Tribunal as a whole. If I don't understand why they have chosen a certain path, I do question them and see if I can understand their point. I have that right.

Unlike you, Barrikaide, I am 100% vested in this realm. I have been to almost every practice since I started. I have been there even when his majesty was on his 3 month sojourn back east. I have also went to every event this Realm particpated and fought side by side with the King. I have given the Realm loaner weapons, shields, food, water. I have given much and care very much for the Realm's well being. I am not the best fighter, nor will I ever be, but I fight and I don't walk off the field whining whenever I get killed or hurt or a bad shot is thrown to my face or head. Its all part of the game.

I still do not concur with the $5 ruling, but if its the law of the Realm, its the law of the Realm. I have said my say for those who may be scared or unwilling to say it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:59 pm

you guys are equally amazing we all do our best! honestly it's easier for me to talk about this in person cause conversations like this! make it hard for me to put things in the right way so i'm gonna try nobody get offended since i'm not trying to piss anyone off...

i think putting a dollar sign on anything! is kinda like a woah back up especially us who doesn't have jobs to pay said fee i also think it makes you a target not meaning that you're gonna get attacked but it gives people the reason to say i'm not coming to practice anymore cause of kilanos bullshit rules ( i'm not saying it's bullshit ) you never wanna make something where it could jeopardize this realm cause hey we're family and we're all that we got! however I AGREE 100% with kilanos that this is a problem!!!! sorry kilanos i would like to apologies for leaving our weapons at ren fair we thought we were gonna come back the next day and ended up not being able to. but my thing on it is.. taking it drastic will end drastically this is suppose to be fun!! in the end it's a game and putting money involved doesn't make it fun anymore! i totally think that you guys should leave them their if they get stolen their own fault guess what they are without a weapon... their own fault they should have kept ahold of their shit! or if kilanos does end up picking it up leave it at your house say if it was my weapon and i left it. and you took it home leave it there so i can put the effort to get it if i want my weapon so bad i will drive my happy ass to Henderson to get it! that will teach me not to leave it cause i know i don't have the time and gas to get there just for a weapon! don't let the person who left their weapons use the loaners they have weapons to fight with!! their own fault for leaving them. that's how i think it should be settled i'm not very keen on the 5$ or throw away. i agree with demi yeah they are dumb asses for leaving their shit but it's also a lot of time effort and money to get it that way! i will volunteer to take anything that is left behind and i will leave it at my house till people come to get it! if they are without a weapon the next practice guess they should of thought of that huh...

I've thought of a solution that i would like to try out this practice if i come! i know that people are still leaving trash and i think we are having a bit of a motivation problem. people go to take water breaks then 5 min turns into hours and nothing get accomplished and some of us leave a little irked i know josh does cause he wants his fill of fighting lol. but what i'm wanting to do is to sit on the field maybe under a tree or something and instead of going to the gazebo for water break you guys just call water and i will bring it to you i was gonna see if the other girls would do it also. i will hand you a water and when it's done take it from you and mark the bottle that way we know who's bottle is not getting trashed. honestly i think that is something that needs to change people that go to that park know us and see what we do and go to that gazebo totally trashed what do you think people are thinking. but i wanted to try this i'm gonna ask surt kilanos and Smitty i want your permission.

this is me as a black lion and a member of this realm saying hey i'm noticing a problem what can i do! to make us a family again?!!!

hopefully that came out right and made some sense if you don't get me i'll try to explain it at practice just wanna help you guys as much as i can!...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Knubbs

Knubbs

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 pm

The fact that everyones reacting to it makes me happy because people are finally thinking of the problems we are having in the realm. While the other stuff you mentioned is important please discuss those in a different thread were the focus can be on those items. This thread is about items being left at practice and events.

Im in full support of this rule. Now if people don't want to pay the $5 fee please don't leave your stuff. If I leave my stuff i will gladly pay the $5 storage fee and get it back. If people want to stay later just to gather extra items so that people don't pay, then it completely undermines the whole idea of this rule. People need to take responsibility for there belongings. If they wont, the rule will teach them and eventually items will not be left at practices and events.

As one of the people who usually gets these items I need people to understand that this has been happening for well over a year and hasnt gotten better. Please take this seriously and realize that its really for the realms benefit than anything else.

Also, can people leave there bickering outside this thread. It takes away from the importance of the discussion.I dont care who has been coming to what practices for how long and whos helping what. Thats not the point of the thread. As a Forum administrator I will lock this thread if it continues. Please maintain a peaceful enviroment.

- Knubbs
study
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Fair enough Knubbs, but my name was dragged into it, and by honor I must respond and so I did. And one last point, until recently, I had been the first to practice and the last to leave, and yes, there are often one or two items left now and then, but I never remember it being that much of a problem. 'nuff said on my part.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:41 pm

i feel like it should be a realm agreement! i think other options should be open to try!. i really think so and if it's undermining i'm sorry but this is a free sport free activity! i'm not paying money for it it's silly especially since there is other better ways of solving this issue! it also make it sound like we're getting desperate for money! putting a fee on this and putting a fee on that! i'm not judging and in the end i know i don't have a say in this! the rule is gonna be the way it's gonna be but i think this will lead to possible more trouble just think about it up ahead!
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:57 pm

What about an "Either or" type of punishment. I mean, $5.00 if you can afford it, or somekind of Realm punishment if you can't. You know like "You are the water bearer today, have to go get the realm water" or "As punishment you must herald the entire day and not fight." or something along those lines. Something the Tribunal thinks will be helpful both to the realm and enforce the issue to the miscreant that he/she has to be more responsible with their stuff.

What about duck walking around the park with their weapon over their head. I bet Smithy can think of a million type of punishments that don't involve cash and would reenforce responsiblity.

Or just leave the shit and people will learn that no one is picking up after them and its their own fault if they loose it.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Quote :
punishments that don't involve cash and would reenforce responsiblity.

i agree with this!!
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:37 pm

haha now you sound like a child.
Back to top Go down
Surt

Surt

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:47 pm

new rule.

there will be no fee if you leave stuff behind. if someones nice enough to grab it for you cool. if you call someone and ask them and they grab it for you cool.

if people decide they dont want to take it cool.

but the area will be clean when we leave and all trash and whatever else is left will be thrown away.

i dont give two shits whose cool with this or whose not cool with this.

keep track of your own shit and this will NEVER be a problem.

surt outy!

king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Left weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Left weapons   Left weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Left weapons
Page 1 of 1