Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

possible garb?

Go down 
+4
Dwyna
Sarabi
sasquatch
Mathan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

possible garb? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 am

Mathan wrote:
Phoxly wrote:
And it can't be a compound bow, no wheels or pullies. I recommend getting 2.5" thick of 3 inch diameter H90 open cell foam from galaxy foam, they cut it into disks for you if you tell them the right amount.

I hope you have been doing a lot of reading on the rules of arrows and the ways to make them, almost every new person's arrows fail, including my first ones. It's not a cheap thing to get into. Shafts are about $5 each. You are looking at $7-8 per arrow.

If you go to Pacific Archery you can get the shafts and a green 35# bow like mine for under $100.
oi if a bow has a poundage of 20 or 25 is it still legal?

Yes, but you would eventually want to invest in a 35# one, most people (young or short) have a hard time hitting the 28" mark on a 35# bow, so you could get away with a 20 or 25, but don't break your bank on a bow you might replace some day. Smile You could even make a PVC horn bow with your Dad, those turn out REALLY nice if you take the time to bend and work it right. I've been wanting to make one. It's just hard to gauge how much to bend and recurve it while staying under 35#
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 am

you have some very good points there phoxly thought i bought the bow a couple weeks ago so cant do much about that... all i need is the shafts and make the arrow heads and i can take up archery Smile then ill need a side arm to switch to once im out of them or being charged probly just a blue sword or such then im gonna need a back sheild tried it out at practice worked well helped me gimp heretic in a one on one which was never a strong point of mine need more practice
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:12 am

"Turtle."
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 pm

who told you!?
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:19 am

I was totes there.
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:33 pm

i dont remeber you being there for that then again i dont remeber much . should be getting my vambraces today Smile (if taco shows up )

XIV
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:48 am

Aw crap! I forgot to give anyone those coupons. Let me see if I can PM a copy to certain people and if you can use them before Joann's closes today. Good on ya.

I still have one 50% coupon good for the week of the 20 through the 26% You just have to bugger me with reminders.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 am

working on second to last version of my garb getting close and hopefully will be finished by the border skirmish on the 15th
Back to top Go down
Mathan

Mathan

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 4:03 am

my garb is done till i make changes and a newer one but will come out and show all of you tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible garb?   possible garb? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible garb?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2