Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:12 am

I think we need to have another weapon build day to focus on the growth of the realm. We need loaner weapons. We have so many personal items out on the field it is becoming hard for new fighters. I know going out to CombatCon is nice, but our funds could be used for a weapon build and about 100 flyers and achieve the same effect. We aren't really ready for new people to come out in full force.

This build day will not be like others, it will be for experienced weapon builders to come together and build new loaner weapons, new shields (doubt it) and maybe fix up the old pole arms. If new players want to come out and build a weapon that's cool but they need to bring their own materials or invest in a core. The last 2 builds we had new people come out, use cores, foam, and help from Templar/Taco/Smithy/Etc and then never return and take that new weapon with them.

If we are going to make loaner weapons, they need to be as nice as we can afford to make them. We have access to fiber glass cores, we don't need another PVC weapon on the field for the sake of "Loaner weapons are supposed to be shitty." when we can make a nice loaner that someone may come along and buy for their own use.

It's starting to warm up so having another casual build like the one at Heretic's would be possible if the King is willing to lend us his castle Wink

Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 am

^^ second that
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 am

doubt it no but ya this is a cool idea
Back to top Go down
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:22 am

i think we do need some more loaners out there. definitely some bats and boards. but nice as possible?, i dont know bout that. i think we should make them basic, usable and inexpensive. giving them high quality stuff will give them the mindset that they can just use the loaners instead of investing in personals. in a metaphor, when you start playing a card game like magic you get a starter deck that is usable but by no mean competitive, then when you decide to become serious and competitive you spend money and build a better deck. just my 2 cents. lets try and balance cost, quality and quantity instead of just spoiling them.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 am

Acrid wrote:
i think we do need some more loaners out there. definitely some bats and boards. but nice as possible?, i dont know bout that. i think we should make them basic, usable and inexpensive. giving them high quality stuff will give them the mindset that they can just use the loaners instead of investing in personals. in a metaphor, when you start playing a card game like magic you get a starter deck that is usable but by no mean competitive, then when you decide to become serious and competitive you spend money and build a better deck. just my 2 cents. lets try and balance cost, quality and quantity instead of just spoiling them.

This is why I said they need to be as nice as we can afford to make them. $20 can get us 3-5 loaner swords if we spend it right and have Galaxy foam cut it, and use the driveway markers.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Templar and myself will be buying materials for new swords this weekend, hopefully build them by next weekend in between work and school. There seems to be a disregard in the realm for loaners lately, and now that we are all on the combatcon bandwagon we better get shit together for new fighters.

Who is supposed to be in charge of getting loaners to and from practice anyways? We have tons of them in our Garage and can't always make it out, seems like this should be a tribunal job to carry the weapons. Konradr did it when he was shepherd, and pretty much kept doing it when he stepped down (like a boss.)

Maybe tuesday instead of Black Lion practice this next week, would Dustin/Taco/Kitty want to have a small build day to make some loaner swords...?
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Phoxly wrote:
Templar and myself will be buying materials for new swords this weekend, hopefully build them by next weekend in between work and school. There seems to be a disregard in the realm for loaners lately, and now that we are all on the combatcon bandwagon we better get shit together for new fighters.

Who is supposed to be in charge of getting loaners to and from practice anyways? We have tons of them in our Garage and can't always make it out, seems like this should be a tribunal job to carry the weapons. Konradr did it when he was shepherd, and pretty much kept doing it when he stepped down (like a boss.)

Maybe tuesday instead of Black Lion practice this next week, would Dustin/Taco/Kitty want to have a small build day to make some loaner swords...?

Actually that job used to be Kilanos's. I volunteered to bring the loaner weapons because Konradr already has a heavy load w/ his stuff AND things for games like rope, flags, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.   Weapon Build Day, Part Deux. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon Build Day, Part Deux.
Page 1 of 1