Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

The other story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acrid the Fool

Acrid the Fool

The other story Empty
PostSubject: The other story   The other story I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 am

this is the more recent and the story i focus more attention on currently. hopefully posting these will get me a writing mood and ill have more to post later

The world of Bullet Proof Devil

Target demographic- teenage males, 15-20
Themes- the presence and idea of the soul, perfection through imperfection, some of my own personal beliefs, there will probably be more just not that far yet
Genre- dark action-adventure, some comedy. Looking for something not as dark or serious as Hellsing but more than say Soul Eater, around Air Gear is kinda close.
Time frame: i call it "modern plus", modern times with technology more advanced in certain areas

An average young adult is pulled away from his monotonous yet comfortable life one night by a stranger. "I have no name, they call me Bulletproof, and I am a demon," this grinning cloaked figure said, "and I need you to come with me to Hell." A civil war has broken out in Hell, all the most powerful demons are now locked in warfare, each faction fighting for power, control and domination of all Hell. This humans past may unlock not only the cause of the war but also its end. His future is now etched in blood.

The ways of Hell-
In BPD (Bullet Proof Devil) demons in Hell serve as knights, gaurdians, and servants of Hell. Each demon is created at thier full growth and with knowledge of how they can best defend and aid Hell. Since there are infinete multiple ways to do this each demon has their own unique style. As demons are divine beings and not truely alive (as mortals are) they are not named but instead given titles based on their style of serving Hell. Along with this title each is given a rank as well. Demon is the most common and is the default, Devil is given to demons of leadership and great power, and Imperfect is reserved for those created without thoughts of protecting Hell. (As demons can be viewed as "tools" meant to serve Hell, those that refuse to can be seen as "imperfect tools") Imperfects are usually immeadetly executed upon identification. When Heaven becomes introduced in the story it will be revealed that these rules are reflected there as well but with Angel and Archangel/Valkyrie replacing Demon and Devil respectfully.

Etch-
The most unique characteristic of BPD is the combat element called Etch. Etch is the ability for a divine being to expend their blood to create various types of energies. The way each demon uses this ability accounts greatly for their style of protecting Hell and consequently their title. Obviously it wouldnt be a good idea to turn your blood into fire while its still in your body, so demons have an ability to open their skin as cuts to bleed out, thus giving it the name Etch.
Rules and terminalogy of Etch-
Demon blood can be turned into energy. Kenetic, electic, heat, magnetic, etc. Cannot create or control any type of matter.
Blood from demons other than the user cannot be activated until it is a signifacantly lower temperature than body heat. General rule is room temperature.
Blood can be activated at any distance from user as long as its existance and location is currently known. General rule is eyesight.
If two users attept to activate the same blood, the user with the fastest reflexs wins the activation. In case of tie, each demon would active half simultaneously. Ties can be dissasterous.
Mortals can activate blood if they know about its powers but they cannot control its abillities. Can also be very dissasterous.
If a human is injected with demon blood it will automatly be activated by the human. Still complys with rule above.
These rules are same for angels.

Full Etch- this term means to Etch as many cuts and bleed out as much as possible while still retaining the minimum amount of blood needed to survive. This allows a demon to reach greater heights of power for a limited time, but rendering them vunerable afterword. Most fights are a battle of using blood intelligently and conserving. Since Full Etch does the opposite it is usually only used as a trump card when victory is certain or when the user is possitive that they can retreat or force the opposition to retreat.
Over Etch- this term refers to Etching and bleeding out to the point of death from blood loss. As it will kill the user, this is only ever used by suicide attacks or demons who know they are going to die anyway. This term can also be used to describe using all the blood from a body other than the users.

Demon body-
Another factor in combat is the natural abilities of the demons body. Demons are not born but created from the rifts of Hell fully developed. Compaired to a human, demons are more resiliant to damage, have slightly greater average strength, heal much more rapid and can replenish blood quickly, faster reflexs, and age very little and very slowly, nor do they scar. Not all but some demons will have differently shaped bodies or extra appendages such as wings, tails, and horns. Many demons use their Etch abilities to create energy that can enhance their physical attributes.
Demon tech-
Demon technology is much more advanced and often encorporates the use of blood in the mechanics. Their guns are more powerful, lighter, more accurate, and have less knockback. It is revealed that most human advances was spurred by devine beings devulging some of their developments throughout the ages. Angels gave secrets of medicine to selected humans called "Saints" while demons taught weapon technology to those called "Heretics".
Back to top Go down

The other story
Page 1 of 1