Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Large event games.

Go down 
+4
Hxctemplar
Phoxly
Darokin Bosma
konradr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 pm

With Fool's Raid looming again. Let's look at what really works for large bodies of folks on the field.

1. obviously any 2 sided field battles, weather with regen or without, works great.

2. Unit and Realm battles are fine.

3. Castle siege games might work in lieu of Goblin horde.

4. Goblin Horde, while fun, is violent so if folks are ok with that, then by all means.

5. Outpost 7, our own home brew game. It has been criticized at both Fool's Raid 2010 and King's Tourney. What if we changed it up slightly thus:

Large event games. Outpos10

A = The Guardians island, with jumpable moat (but not swimable). Relic in the dead center. Guardians numbers should be balanced as to completely destroy the mechanics of the game.

B = The area of the Barad'dun Adventurers.

BV = The Barad'Dun village.

D = The area of the Dark Fellowship.

DV = The Dark Fellowship village.

E = Out of Bounds.

This keeps the two fellowships from just ignoring the guardians and makes the Guardians have to fight both sides. The object is still to get the relic, cross the moat and get it back to your village.

6. I also like forkbeard's version of capture the flag with two bridges, swimable river and throwable flags.

7. I also like the idea of Boat battles that forkbeard ran at Samhain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Darokin Bosma

Darokin Bosma

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

i heard that last fools raide we had a ball of some sorts and played some sort of game with dagorhir wepions involved. i was thinking that we could try to recerate that game and others before fools raid. so we are not just playing the same old games over and over. this way we can bring varity to the event instead of the same old things every time.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:39 am

That was an on the spot "Gee look guise, a ball! *thwack* I'm bored, lets make a new game! *thwack thwack*"

I like this game idea Konradr, lets test it out with no out of bounds, and then with an out of bounds?
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 am

I say if we have to have that huge out of bounds add 2 bridges connecting the two. That way people can still try to kill the other team, but only in teams of 2 or 3
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:27 am

that game was awful Bosma more like a bunch of people still drunk from the night before goofing off Smile also you really dont want to hit any ball with your weapons.

Cool ideas Konrad.
Back to top Go down
Anita-Uriel

Anita-Uriel

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:19 pm

barrikaide wrote:
that game was awful Bosma more like a bunch of people still drunk from the night before goofing off Smile also you really dont want to hit any ball with your weapons.

Cool ideas Konrad.

if we used the end of the spears like hockey sticks (not the padded part) like hockey sticks. and whats more fun than friends playing a weird game together and acting drunk together lol.

also as a general note. that castle game is scarey and im personally not a fan of it. Its mostly because of the spears. Can we maybe make it so spears cant be used? i would be willing to give my spear up for the game; but i dont want to play if others are going go use spears cause i almost got hit in the face a few times at kings tourny. can we rethink the saftey rules of it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2269733265626&a
Phoxly

Phoxly

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:40 am

The goblin one?
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:09 am

Darokin Bosma wrote:
i heard that last fools raide we had a ball of some sorts and played some sort of game with dagorhir wepions involved. i was thinking that we could try to recerate that game and others before fools raid. so we are not just playing the same old games over and over. this way we can bring varity to the event instead of the same old things every time.

No. People come to events to have large scale Dag battles, not play hockey/lacrosse. Like Forkbeard said, massive two sided battles with respawn are the best at large events. It keeps the action, and more importantly, FIGHTING, going strong. You are free to do crazy stuff and die; after all, you can just respawn.

I normally dislike Outpost 7. The new version is cool but the more rules you have, the less fun a game is. Especially on a large scale. Currently neutral about this, and leaning more in favor of two sided, simple respawn games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Izmiranna Peregrine

Izmiranna Peregrine

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Convel and I went to BftR this year... I'll get together with Tribunal, with some of the games they did that were extremely fun ... every game they did there this year was a success. I did herald for more than ½ the games (like we all didn't know that would happen, right?cheers ), so I know how easy/hard it will be for each game as well.

I also helped with weapon/gear check... I would also like to talk to tribunal about that as well. Just for a few ideas to help make it move faster and easier for events/practice.

Bodulfar!

(All good stuff guys. I promise.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001046867423
Grek

Grek

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Yes! I am ok with games that are event tested and fun approved
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Sponsored content

Large event games. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Large event games.   Large event games. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Large event games.
Page 1 of 1