Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Fools' Raid

Go down 
+9
Tiberius Claudius
semtater
Strider
Taco
Knubbs
Kyrax
Alacian
konradr
Phoxly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tolga

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 am

As I hope you know your realm has been selected for the Fools' Raid IV (2010). Please have some one contact me ASAP so we can plan what little there needs to be.

If you don't know the Fools' Raid is:
A floating event (hosted by different realms each year).
It is a non-camping event (this year we're gonna all try to stay at the Excaliber)
It is a two fighting day event at your normal park (time is up to you)

The Fight Days will be Saturday April 3 and Sunday April 4th with partying on the strip for those who wish Saturday night.

PLEASE CALL ME ASAP

Tolga aka Jesse
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 am

Holy blind cheer leaders batman, we've been chosen... -echoes-

I guess its a good thing Taco and Smithy taught Mordock, Templar, and myself how to weapons check in case some event such as this came up. =D I'm stoked already.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 am

Yes, Phoxly, we've known since Summer that they were planning to visit us, we've been discussing it. Yes, it is one of the reason's Taco and smithy are pushing weapons checks. We usually do one like once a month. We need everyone to be ready to be good hosts. That mean's weapons checks, Heralding, and good old fashioned butt kicking! Hah, we'll have lots of games to run, and we will have 'Outpost 7' up and we'll need our banners and sashes and all kinds of stuff. Oh and the red carpet too.

Oh, I neglected to say GARB people. We want our best garb for those two days. Lets work on it, borrow it, make it, buy it or .......steal it uhhumm, I didn't say that though.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Alacian

Alacian

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm

I'm excited. I will plan to have those days off no matter what...lol

I say we start it early in the morning so we all have time to get a LOT of ass kicking in. Damn it...I hate it that I'm not off Saturdays right now. lol

Anyway. I'll have my garb, etc for that. I have a new cloak. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:17 pm

I'll definetly have garb by then, I'll have my garb shirt by next practice, and pants whenever I can get the material to Demie.
Back to top Go down
Kyrax

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 am

Has anyone talked to hotels about group rates for any out of towners?
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 am

I believe this will be a topic of concern on Saturday! Razz
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:49 am

are we going to want heralds on the field more offen to get are guys familial (is that's how its spelled) and whict out people as heralds so more people can get use to it?? just a though.
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:01 am

I think it would be a very good idea to get more people used to heralding.
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:47 am

I can herald and I will if we're due to have an 'event' with visitors. I think Surt would prefer our best fighters were on the field and as much as I like to fight, I won't deprive our best men of kicking ass by making them herald.

Besides...I'll be intimidating with my riveted steel bracers I'm getting (thank you Janwin). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:37 am

Wow. This looks fun. I'll be sure to encourage our guys to go to your event. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:00 pm

semtater wrote:
Wow. This looks fun. I'll be sure to encourage our guys to go to your event. Wink

Sem, I'm pretty sure that Barad'dun would need to be the ones to invite us, rather than just show up.

And just for my edumacation, aren't official Dag events Dag only? That has been my n00b understanding.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Matt, this is not an 'official event'. It is something started between Aggelgorod (S.cal) and Fruhl Brenna (Arizona) because for a long time they were the only two kids on the block, so to speak. There are hundreds of events, official and unofficial back east, but not here in the West, at least for Dag. Since we came along and seem viable and are an official Dag chapter, they have decided to include us by 'Raiding' us this year.

We are only hosting fighting for two days at our normal practice field (Which may change for that weekend to a larger park) These guys have been around along time and have alot of experience to beat us with. From what I read on the Bel forum, I believe Fruhl Brenna is actually a Dual realm (Bel and Dag). And alot of the Aggelgorod guys fight at Bel's Chaos wars.

That being said. Remember whey y'all came down last we had you sign Dagorhir waivers(?) You are now Dag members, at least here in this realm. So if we have an 'official' event. You are welcome. You can go to any Dag 'Official' event, pay the fee, sign the waiver and you can fight. If anyone ever pussyfoots about the status of your realm, you can always say you fight in Barad'Dun. It should be the same with us going to a Bel event.

You are invited but you need not be. You can come anytime you wish. "Fools Raid" is like a hue and cry phrase to everyone in earshot. It means "Hey, everyone lets go over to Konradr's house and beat the crap out of him!" and everyone runs over to Konradr's house to beat the crap out of him, but lo and behold, Konradr is not alone, he has the might of Barad'Dun at his back. Then everyone goes out to party, then they find motel rooms for the night (or crash space) and the next day they do it again.

Aggelgorod and Fruhl Brenna have been switching off locales each year, now we are in the mix and then there's Mallenorod which is the newest Dag realm in the west and consists of Northern California, Northern Nevada and Southern Oregon, from what I can tell.

Oh and I forgot to mention, because it is not an official event, there is no fee's to be paid. You provide your own meals and lodging should you stay for both days. We provide only the field to play on, and the people to beat on. However, we will have our donations box out and Alyssa will stand by it calling out "alms for the poor, alms for the poor folk of Barad'Dun" jocolor

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Well put konradr!!
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Well now that sounds mighty fun!

Thanks for the briefing and for always being such a good neighbor to us up here. You all have great honor and are a breath of fresh air to fight. I'll be sure to pass the word along to our guys too!

Semper Fidelis
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:02 pm

hell yea pass it on and get the hell out here for a bashing Twisted Evil realy looking forward to this Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 am

I've invited more guest to fool's raid. The Belegarth realm of Anduril may make an appearance. This is the realm that recently hosted the "war of the ring" event in California. Anastasia the leader of the realm likes to support regional realms whenever she can. Anduril is on friendly terms with their Dagorhir neighbor Aggelgorod. I mentioned to her, via the Bel Forum, about Fool's raid and she is planning on attending with some of her realm. Based out of the University of California, Irvine, their current membership is 75.

http://geddon.org/index.php/And%C3%BAril

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Awesome f**king awesome I so can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
Rhajhiin

Rhajhiin

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:01 pm

Count in Desert Wind! Though we do have a lot of younger players here, what's the age limit?
Back to top Go down
http://desertwindgroup.webs.com
Alacian

Alacian

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Rhajhiin wrote:
Count in Desert Wind! Though we do have a lot of younger players here, what's the age limit?

Eh. I think it's thirteen with a guardian. Depends on the child. We don't want anyone getting hurt with so many people. Though An Tir Dearg did bring a lil boy with them. I think he was thirteen and hot damn did he kick some ass..Ha ha.

But I'll let Konrad or Surt make the call on that one.
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 am

Alacian wrote:
Though An Tir Dearg did bring a lil boy with them. I think he was thirteen and hot damn did he kick some ass..Ha ha.

Marcus is ......14? and yes he can kick some ass. What I liked most of all was how someone the last time we came down called that he hit "too hard"! He's all of 5'00" and 90 lbs and he still brags about how he was an unstoppable beast down there cheers
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 am

He was a shield with legs.

Don't think we'll be letting the really young'uns play on Fools raid. Too many big folks planning to attend. I will ask Surt, however. for the final word.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 pm

konradr wrote:
However, we will have our donations box out and Alyssa will stand by it calling out "alms for the poor, alms for the poor folk of Barad'Dun" jocolor

Konradr

Screw that. I'll just take my shirt off and go barbarian style in a fur bikini. If need be I'll have a Vietnam era pineapple grenade and some hunting knives on hand as I lure the donations with feminine wiles and take the rest Barad'Dun style... Razz ....*coughs and goes away now*
Back to top Go down
Tiberius Claudius

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 am

Hmmmmm, this is the day before Easter Sunday.

If I am unable to get some "good" easter egg hunts in with the chitlins by Thurs/Fri then my wife will be adverse to me attending Fools' Raid since Saturday will be the last available day.

Wish me luck and I'll wish you better event date planning in the future! :-P
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:38 am

Actually the date was put upon us by those in Aggelgorod who set up Fool's raid. We did not plan anything. We are merely those being raided. I too did not know it was Easter and may have to curtail my plans for Sunday somewhat as family comes first. However, since the times are suppose to be our normal practice hours which are 12pm to whenever, maybe I can get an early easter egg hunt in with the family then go get my brains knocked out at the field.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fools' Raid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fools' Raid   Fools' Raid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fools' Raid
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next