Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?

Go down 
+3
Knubbs
Taco
Phoxly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phoxly

Phoxly

Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? Empty
PostSubject: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:12 pm

We should have a forum for guilds, clans, and units. It'd be cool for leaders to post a biography about their unit or clan or post announcements and individual discussions within that clan/unit/guild. Barad'dun is growing and even though we only have like two or three untis right now, at the rate we are growing we could easily reach 4-5 in the next few months/weeks after Fool's Raid. I don't know if we really have an established "Crafts Guild" or "Smithing Guild" for Barad'dun, but if we did or started one we could make a forum for it that would be specific for requesting garb or a weapon. (Taco you MUST havea notebook somewhere with all the stuff youa re working on dude... really the amount of projects you have COULD have its own forum).
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 am

ya i know i have alot to do but the forum thing is up to the king and his people.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Me, Taco, and Smithy had an idea for things of the smithing nature requests.

We needed to talk about it a bit more but our solution didnt require a forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Sweet, well if we don't feel we really need its then thats alright. In the past (when I got my old hakamas) I put in a request to our crafts guild or when I put a request in for my mace to the smithing guilde we'd fill out a form and hand it in to them or post it on the forum. Seemed to work well for them.

I think the unit forum might be kind of cool, but thats up to the king jocolor
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:10 pm

I was thinking about the same idea about the Unit forums, however when i thought about it, there is only a few of us who are not a part of units or part of a different unit. So it wouldnt make much since to post Our information, when we can talk about it easily among ourselves. Plus the way the forum has been has worked great so far for people to get info:D

do you mean like placing an order for something to be made? thats interesting:D
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Yeah like putting an order in for what you wanted built/made. Course we don't have an established Crafts Guild or Smithing Guild like Bel has/had, more like independant contractorrs Very Happy. When my mace was made I filled out what it was I wanted, how much it would cost, and then someone in the smithing guild took on the project. Of course I ended up helping with the end result of the mace but it was still a neat idea but it might not be viable for Dagorhir/Barad'Dun.
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:29 pm

There is the SOB, which i believe is the foamsmithing guild of Baraddun
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 pm

I've never heard of the SOB, what is that? Because all I know that SOB stands for is Son of a B*&%#.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Its on the barad'Dun website under guilds. I asked and it stands for Smithys of Barad'dun. Just figured it out a week ago myself.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:10 pm

O.o SOB huh? I think its a conspiracy. (:<
Back to top Go down
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? Proof

^^SEE!!
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

very artistic of you
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:35 pm

I get my skills from Konradr:D he's to blame, hes the one who had to show me how to post pictures:D
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:18 am

Yes there is the Smithy's of Barad' Dun. No it's not a conspiracy. (Says the military man). Right now I've got a book for taking requests that I'll bring to practice every week. In the meantime you can PM me or post under Sales and Trades for what you would like. There are enough people with the varying skills necessary to complete just about any project that comes to mind.

Also! Being and S.O.B. is not just for foamsmithing. Covers need to be sewn on weapons and shields so tailors and seamstresses are more than welcome to become an S.O.B. bringing Garb into the guild as well.
Back to top Go down
Taco

Taco

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 am

and of course there is leather working there to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?   Guild/Clan/Unit Forum? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild/Clan/Unit Forum?
Page 1 of 1