Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Hmmmm, shield bash training?

Go down 
+6
Knubbs
Luger
sasquatch
Hxctemplar
Demie Zephyra
konradr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Hmmmm, shield bash training? Empty
PostSubject: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:21 am

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Haha.

"This is going to be on youtube, right?"

This reminds me of when Knubbs was trying to convince me to be more aggressive. ><
Back to top Go down
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Hahahaha......ya no lol

We rarely shield bash as is. Since learning the wrap shots, there's no need to bash other then to get past someone.
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:40 pm

what yo talkin but templar i don't think you bash enuff with your spear watch some hockey eh
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Hxctemplar

Hxctemplar

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh har har xD very funny Sash.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Actually when Surt is in the mood, he will bash/check the hell out of his opponant. Keep practicing those Wraps and that should help, but if he catches you squared up and immobile, he will knock you on your ass.

But you can still do a wrap on your back, but not if you are rolling over, exposing your buttocks to a kill hit. Very Happy

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Luger

Luger

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:16 am

Knowing when to flat out throw your body at someone is an imporant skill. Usually its because you're trying to cover a teammate's ass, and fierocity can make up for skill ;P

But really, I'm 190 lbs and in good shape, and I can't move some guys at my park. I can sure as hell give them an onslaught of shield hooks and blows they won't soon forget, but some people really shouldn't be trying to throw their whole weight into someone. I have modest weight and I still try to work around fighters to great sucess.

Practical reason I'm saying this..I was knocked off my feet sooo many times when I was new. I've been fighting for 4 year and I still get knocked off my feet on occasion. Ususally I sidestep whoever is charging me and rap to their back.

It is really about personal tactics. I'd rather bounce around a 300lb guy than try to knock him over.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:34 am

Beware of Barrikade and the Big Black Shield! He relives his football days when he gets that gleam in his eyes and a target to his front.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Luger

Luger

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 6:38 am

Just gotta know how to make him think he is going to plow you over, sidestep it, then wrap his ass ;D We got a guy up here long time vet (10+ years) and he will try to pull that crap on me. Rarely works for him.

In you're at an event it can change, but I suppose I'm talking about 1v1 and skirmishers.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I will gladly give a shield aggression course again. They are always fun.

But the class is for 6+ months of Experience. This type of training can really hurt.

Whos interested?
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:27 am

konradr wrote:
Beware of Barrikade and the Big Black Shield! He relives his football days when he gets that gleam in his eyes and a target to his front.

Konradr

OMG i wish i took more pictures of him at WOR!! lol watching some people get air was HILARIOUS!! i'm glad he's on our side lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Knubbs wrote:
I will gladly give a shield aggression course again. They are always fun.

But the class is for 6+ months of Experience. This type of training can really hurt.

Whos interested?

I feel like there should also be a weight requirement.

:/

Bouncing off someone else's shield and rolling backward with your shield on top of you will more likely scare you out of being aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:00 pm

At one practice I was fighting with sasquatch and he kept shield bashing me to the ground almost everytime we fought and I didn't get scared like that xD
Back to top Go down
Luger

Luger

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Its pretty useful to learn how to bash/be bashed even if you're a smaller person ;P

Leads to being knocked down less, and possibly knowing when to just get out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Demie Zephyra wrote:

I feel like there should also be a weight requirement.

:/

Bouncing off someone else's shield and rolling backward with your shield on top of you will more likely scare you out of being aggressive.

I understand Demie.... You already graduated my class w/ flying colors. Smile

Though throwing the idea of a weight requirement out there, I would gladly say that 160lbs+ would be about right.

I could also give a class on avoiding the bash, in the same lesson.
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:53 am

I'm goign to OK this for a class. The weight requirement will be for withstanding the bash, anyone lighter or anyone with injuries will learn to avoid them. This is NOT a mandatory class. It will howver prove useful.

Barricade, I know it's a little short notice but if you're at practice would you mind helping/ co-teaching the class?

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:06 pm

thats a great idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
caretaker

caretaker

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:37 pm

I think we were talking about a goose the other day who was famous for shield bashing and standing his ground.

And his technique was correct, however, Goose has too wide of a stance and is way to grounded. It would take several guys to knock him over.

Not to mention.....He's using a punch shield to bash. A medium Strap tower would give him more push in this situation
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/thomasalesterayers?re
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, shield bash training?   Hmmmm, shield bash training? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmmmm, shield bash training?
Page 1 of 1