Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... Empty
PostSubject: Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....   Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:06 am

I know caretaker mentioned using the playground at night for ambush/trail scenarios. On the dag forum here is some people using their gazebo/picnic structure for castle sieges.

Quote :
We did a Castle siege at our Opener, using the building of the pavilion as our castle. For the castle door, I brought two 8' x 4' heavy plywood pieces that we used as two large sliding doors. The battering ram was then used to hit it ten times to break the door, at which time we pulled the doors open permanently. The defenders had the choice to open and close the doors at will to send out reinforcements if they wanted as well. This picture gives you an idea of what I mean:

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... IMG_1444
Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... IMG_1432

And Archer Towers!

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... IMG_1496

We used a rope ten feet out from to castle to simulate the wall going straight up. We used this as well, and the attackers had ten foot poles to use as ladders as well as a siege tower.

Siege Tower:

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... IMG_1508

One of the fighters has laid down the ladder and is walking up to the wall here:

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... IMG_1514

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....   Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:27 pm

I would have to say it's a big no no using the playground anytime. A bunch of adults playing on childrens play equipment beating each other up. Sounds like were asking 4 trouble from the park or cops. Less likley for the gazebo. But I still wouldn't feel right doing it. And I would not want someone to get hurt on the cement or metal.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....   Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:00 am

We can do it without the playground stuff.

I like the rope representing a 10 foot wall. When we use rope or cones for walls, people are always "accidentally" throwing shots over them. If we put a rope out 10 feet from the "wall" it can represent a 10 foot wall (or moat or lava) and it eliminates shots going over it. Even an 8 foot spear would have a hard time making a hit. Javelin's, rocks and arrows could fly over it without a problem.

10 foot pieces of PVC could then be used as scaling ladders or a siege tower as in the pics above. Could do that and not have a gate in the castle.

Remember the cardboard box castle in the video from Fugl Brenna? We could do that too. Cardboard boxes spray painted to look like castle walls. (Krak de Barad'Dun)

Simple posts and ropes can represent walls too. Any arrows flying under the ropes wouldn't count for hits.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....   Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:52 pm

We should test it at the Althing? Make a minigame out of it with a roleplay aspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....   Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Gazebo/playgrounds in our games....
Page 1 of 1