Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Saturday 6th Aug...

Go down 
+4
Grek
Scrios
Phoxly
Prysm Stormfallen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

Saturday 6th Aug... Empty
PostSubject: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Ok, so I know there is practice on saturday... But is there gonna be RA practice?
Am working nights that night so will need to get home early and cant stay for the full normal practice. Thought I might go join the RA practice to make up for lost time.

And I am hoping that someone can bring some arrows (mine are in the process of being made, but I wont have time to finish them before saturday) that I can borrow at practice. I have been given a challenge which I want to pass and it will take time n effort to get the skills up - may as well make a start on it as soon as possible! lolz

Besides - my sword work aint up to scratch yet so will be mainly firing arrows (mine will be ready by then!) at our invaders and retreating in a swift but strategic manner Shocked Rolling Eyes

See you all saturday!

P
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:52 pm

Depending on how my arrows come along the next 3 days, I'll have 6 you can borrow for practicing with.
Back to top Go down
Scrios

Scrios

PostSubject: ..   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 pm

There's gonna be RA practice around 10:30 I think but usually only a few people have shown up to practice I went there around 11 last week and the only person there besides me was strider. And since there's really only like 2 or 3 people that usually show up around that time we really don't do anything except sit around talking.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:04 pm

You don't need a big group to do some fighting, Black Lions used to only get 4-6 people out on Tuesdays, and we'd just circle up, work on body mechanics + shield/sword work and skirmish with each other.

Even if it's just Strider + Anthony, you guys can do some 1v1's and get tips from each other until the rest of the group gets there.
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:07 am

Well - as my physical therapist has said that as of next week, I am fully fit for duty, I need to actually GET fit. So I am gonna use the RA practice to help with that (I heard about all the lunatics that ran/stretched/exercised/team worked the morning away) and hopefully, with help from you guys, I can get fitter faster cos its so much more fun than going to the gym... Plus, I should be able to get my skills up a bit Smile

And thx Phoxly! I will have a couple of arrows, But I need 8 in total, so your spares will bring me up to that... Then all I need to do is work out distances/size of target/timings and practice!

By the way... Have I mentioned anywhere in the last day or so...

I I love you my bow! Heehee
Back to top Go down
Grek

Grek

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 am

Prysm wrote:
Well - as my physical therapist has said that as of next week, I am fully fit for duty, I need to actually GET fit. So I am gonna use the RA practice to help with that (I heard about all the lunatics that ran/stretched/exercised/team worked the morning away) and hopefully, with help from you guys, I can get fitter faster cos its so much more fun than going to the gym... Plus, I should be able to get my skills up a bit Smile

Lost 7 pounds from Dag so far! Make it to Black Lions practice on Tuesdays we'll shape you up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647767959
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 am

I have 2 issues with tuesday practices... Firstly, I do other things with friends on tuesdays...

And the other is, even tho I am allowed to get fit, I have to be sensible - and you guys go balls to the wall in some of your fighting. One solid hit a few inches higher than my last would put me right back in the physical therapists office and my Bosses office getting a right bollocking from both. So until I have built up some tolerance to being hit, and some muscles in the right places, I am gonna stick to saturday practices, or one v one practices with instructors Smile

No disrespect to you guys doing the tuesdays practices, I just still gotta be careful. If I get really injured, its not just time off work - there is every chance I could get sent back to the UK... And I dont wanna go!
Back to top Go down
Anita-Uriel

Anita-Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Ive lost five pounds since joining! Very Happy and i can try and get there earlier but idk if my friends are willing to get there that early.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2269733265626&a
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:09 am

For first timers, showing up whenever is ok. But think of it this way, the earlier you get there the more you're going to be able to do. Even if if there are a few of you there you can still get one on one going, secure the area we use, or help prep the field.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:53 am

Yes Sir, Smithy Sir!
Back to top Go down
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:55 am

^^was standing to attention taking my orders like a good new recruit...^^

Besides - the earlier we turn up, the more fitness we can get done so we is 'ready to rock n roll' when the bigger boys n girls come out to play.

We are doing the fitness n stretching arent we? Before the fighting begins I mean?
Back to top Go down
Hirgon

Hirgon

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 am

Wat time are guys gonna start strecthin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001597470989
Prysm Stormfallen

Prysm Stormfallen

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 am

I am gonna be there 10:30

I just hope others are there too... lol
Back to top Go down
Hollister

Hollister

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am

.... Suspect .... not sure I can make it before 12pm. I'll make an effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday 6th Aug...   Saturday 6th Aug... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saturday 6th Aug...
Page 1 of 1