Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Weapon Making

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ItzJSasa

Weapon Making Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Making   Weapon Making I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 am

Hey guys, I've been wanting to larp with you guys but your a little far x) But I finally have a ride and i was wondering what the maximum blade length of a sword is? And also the length of the actual sword itself?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

Weapon Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Making   Weapon Making I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

We usually have extra swords for new people to use and try out before they make their own.

'Blues' are anything less than 48". They must have a minimum blade length of 6", must weigh a minimum of 12 oz, and must balance above the handle. Blade dimensions are in flux right now with new rules having been voted on at the Ragnarok war council. This is the body that govern's all rules for Dagorhir. The standards normally are the blade must have a width of 1.25" and usually three layers for a striking surface. One for a non striking surface (such as the flat of the blade) Generally we use Walmart blue camp mats. pommels and non thrusting tips must be 2". Thrusting tips must be 2.5" and are generally made of 2 layers of EVA foam (From a Gold's yoga mat) No tape on striking surfaces. Striking surfaces must be covered in cloth. (We use socks, stockings or sew cloth covers) Non striking foam surfaces are usually covered in athletic tape (Like black hockey tape found at Big 5). Core of the sword can be 1/2" or 3/4" PVC, but best is 3/8" or 1/2" fiberglass. Two 1/4" fiberglass driveway markers from Lowes (orange or white but white is a better, stiffer fiberglass) glued together (liquid nails or shoe goo from walmart) and taped at tips with strapping tape, make a good beginner's fiberglass core. Grip is easy. Get some double sided duct tape (Walmart) put a strip on the grip area and then wind rope around it, or just build up the grip area with regular duct tape and then put a cover of cloth tape over it.

Better to come and try things out and see all the various weapons we have before you begin building.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
ItzJSasa

Weapon Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Making   Weapon Making I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Okay yeah that'd be best! My gatitude and ill hopefully see you guys soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon Making Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Making   Weapon Making I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon Making
Page 1 of 1