Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Practice July 4th or 5th.

Go down 
+2
konradr
Oddvar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Oddvar

Oddvar

Practice July 4th or 5th. Empty
PostSubject: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:14 pm

I would really like to have a practice this weekend. If Sat. is no good then I would like to try for Sun. I believe that we should be starting between 9-10 am because of the heat. We will get better practices in this summer if we are not trying to sun-bake ourselves. Hottest part of the day is between 2-5pm. I like to avoid it since I work landscaping. I get that sun and heat 4-5 days a week already.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 5:08 pm

I forgot about sunday! I'm all for practice this sunday.

As for the earlier start. I know its to avoid the heat. The earlier the better, but it would be hard for me. I work evenings and with the kids off for the summer its hard to get them to bed. The later start is good for me because I can get up before the kids and load the jeep and get everything ready before the hard part of mobilizing them and then going to get gas and ice for the cooler. Also, Romeo practically lives with his friends on the weekends and rely's on my wife to come get them when she gets off work at 11:00am. That being said, if the group wishes to move to an earlier time I would not object and would do my damndest to make it there.

I've seen video's of Belegarth groups meeting in a gym. I imagine its either in a location with severe winter or severe heat or rain. Anybody know a church or school that might let us use their gym when not in use?

Chime in if anyone wants to practice Sunday and what time you like'd to do it. As I said, if you want to earlier. this Sunday shouldn't be a problem as me and the wife are both off this weekend. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
D\'edra

D\'edra

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm all for practice on sunday...that way everyone can enjoy the 4th with their families....
where is heretic??....isn't he in charge of practices????

soooo.....Sunday at noon??? is that what we are looking at???

chime in everybody!!!!!!!!!

d~
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/marciex32
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Let's just make it official...practice sunday, July 5th
due to weather conditions lets start a little early.
I suggest 10, what do you all think?

p.s. I have some important news to give on sunday at the battle.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:32 am

Okay, I second the nomination for 10:00am. See ya there. Damn, didn't get my arrow heads from edhellen yet so I can't bring my bow and arrows.

Actually I haven't had time or money for too many projects lately. Just repairs to what I have.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:59 am

Good it is settled then, I will come to practice on Sunday. You guys start at 10. I may be late because we are working at a neighbors this Sunday morning. It could have been Saturday but we made it Sunday because of the Holiday.
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 5:15 am

I will probably be there. Hopefully we can get a good turn out.

Also konradr, if you would like, I have extra arrow head kits from Edhellen that I won't be using for a while so I can bring some if you would like and you could repay them when yours come in. Let me know if so and how many. I have 6 extras atm.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:29 am

Thx Kilanos, but I wouldn't be able to make them until next week's practice anyhow, so I might as well wait another week for my order to come in. I ordered 4. I have the arrows ready for the heads, just waiting on the heads.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Konradr, bring your bow. I'll bring a few extra arrows.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Thx for the offer of the arrows Kurn, you don't happen to have an extra 60" bow string do ya? I took my bow out of the closet only to discover that the bowstring is missing. I've looked everywhere and the only culprit to admit to taking my bow out of the closet is my 5 year old son. Of course I had told him not to touch it and he must have waited til I went to work one day and gave in to his urges. I've looked all over the closet, the bedroom and under the beds but no string. My fear is the wife might have cleaned up the kids mess in our bedroom and junked the string in the trash not knowing what it was.
Back to top Go down
K'urn

K'urn

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:25 pm

OOOHH...I don't think I do....I'll look around and see. I may have one of my old strings lying around.

K-
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 am

Well, I'm dissapointed about loosing the bowstring so I'm going to keep the bow in the closet for this practice til I can buy another string and finish my arrows. My flail failed again so I've cut off the head and have made a beat stick out of it. I'm bringing romeo and ricky and another of their friends who watched us and decided now he wants to try. I believe he's 18. See ya all there.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
xVHeretic

xVHeretic

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 am

hey everyone im sorry i have had on crazy week and weekend i hope every one will show up and fight im trying
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 9:08 am

I will be on time and I will have Heretic in tow. I will bring some ice and water also.

There will be a couple of major announcements. I personally would appreciated that anyone that could possibly show up to please do so.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Oddvar I'm going to bring those siege weapon books I mentioned and if Lego will be there, I'm bringing that DVD too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice July 4th or 5th.   Practice July 4th or 5th. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice July 4th or 5th.
Page 1 of 1