Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

St George Road Trip, anyone?

Go down 
+8
nightmare92
Aleksander Piotrowski
Alacian
semtater
Strider
Knubbs
barrikaide
konradr
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

St George Road Trip, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Since we can't possibly do a campout this month, I was thinking of us taking a road trip to St. George to return the favour Isk and his boys showed us. I've contacted Isk and he's in favour of it. He also wants to invite guys from Ogden to come down to fight as well.

Rough schedule:

Saturday September 19th. Leave about 7am arrive in St. George around 9:30am, fighting to begin between 10 and 11.

What say you all? Anyone interested?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm

i would like to go on a weekend when they have some snow. Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:14 pm

We could have a practice up at the picnic grounds at Mt. Charleston. Or maybe the guys in Ogden will be throwing a snowball fight.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Im down. Smile

this will force me to get working on my shield, Sword, and Garb. Smile
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Allright, that's two of us for the 19th and one for snow, anyone else?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:39 pm

I might possibly be able to attend.
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Fun stuff. We at An Tir Dearg already have a few guys willing to show up. When Isk announces the event at the next practice, I'm sure we'd have a good number of guys ready to go. And if you guys are heading up through St. George for a snow trip, there might be a few of our guys wanting to go up with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:22 pm

konradr wrote:
Allright, that's two of us for the 19th and one for snow, anyone else?

Konradr

I and my bro most likely won't come. Don't have a ride (even if I have gas money, I don't drive) among other possible hindrances.

- A
Back to top Go down
Aleksander Piotrowski

Aleksander Piotrowski

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:02 am

I need to see if I can join this one.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 am

same as alacian dont have a ride, but i could always check with my mom
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:35 am

nightmare92 wrote:
same as alacian dont have a ride, but i could always check with my mom

Mine can't give me a ride and I've got other responsibilities. Heh. But I *might* make it if I cop a ride off of Kilanos because he lovez me...maybe. Ha ha. Or because I can provide gas money. *snickers*

Oh and only reason I quoted you is to do this....

You're Nightmare?! *drools* ...didn't know your name at practice.....*covets for a tight butted cabana boy* .... >_>

Nah. To young for me. But still good lookin', sweet cheeks. Wink

Hope you make it.

Cheers.

- A
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:32 am

If you're parents will let you go; Alacian, Nightmare, Rilith, Mordock and Alex. Maybe we will have enough seats to take everyone. Let's see who all else is wanting to go, who has a vehicle, and who has seats to share for gas & lunch money.

I'm planning on bringing my van, my son and maybe a nephew, or two. That would leave me four or five crowded seats (It's a Korean van and only the front doors and the hatch work)

Anyone else thinking about coming and has seat space?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:31 pm

I realize Belegarth doesn't garb up for practices, but Dagorhir stress's at least Minimum garb. I would like to show off up at St. George. We know we are their equal at fighting, but let's look our best. We have several weeks before the planned trip. Lets work on some garb to wear and impress with.

Weapons, we don't carry everything we have when we go on a roadtrip. We need room for passengers, food and drink. So we will be taking a personal 'kit' plus a few extras in case of failure of weapons/shields, etc. As I said before we have a few weeks so maybe we can all spend some time making or repairing some. For those of you who don't have your personal weapons or shields, what have you, yet, and are planning on going to St. George, then get with someone with extra weapons or whomever is holding the realm loaners and 'check out' what you want to use and keep it with you for the trip then return the items afterwards.

Let's arm up and garb up and look bad ass!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 am

Reading the An Tir Dearg (St. George) forum I gleaned these comments about their trip here to fight with us...

Quote :
This was AWESOME! We had a great time and the guys and girls in Vegas were a lot of fun to spar with. Isk

Quote :
haha, yeah this was a blast! the vegas guys know how to throw down! Hopeless Savage

And regarding our impending trip to St. George on the 19th.

Quote :
Haha, I'm very much up for this. Can't wait. Gad I hope we can keep up with them and go past 4. Shouldn't be any reason not to. Tonaho

So, I would say they enjoy beating on us and can't wait to do it again.

Sadly, I have never seen any posts on the aggelgorod forum about what they thought of us or our visit back in july, and they never posted the photos they took despite me asking them if they would.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 pm

We won't be making this trip to St. George. We'll come next time around, boys.

Kick some ass, take some name and have fun. Make sure they're still walking though when you're done. They'll owe us a visit. =P

Note...

If they come down when there's snow in the hills, we could go out to Mt. Charleston and fight or we go out to Utah instead and fight in the snow. ^_^

February....Make them come down and go sledding on Mt. Charleston. Even you old hags can get up there and sled, too. =P
Back to top Go down
Kilanos

Kilanos

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:30 pm

I'll try and see if I can make it. If so I could probably take 3 with me comfortably if I steal my dad's jeep. I'll let you know as time progresses what my situation looks like.

-Kil
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:42 am

We are in, Frogleg and I. We are not sure if we will bring the kids until time gets closer. We will be in the truck so most of the gear can go in the bed to open up room in others vehicles. Or extra ice boxes if necessary. I will also be able to meet with any of our younger players parents if need be, so they can come with.
Back to top Go down
nightmare92

nightmare92

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:09 am

yeah you might have to do that for me my mom said its chill for me to go as long as she meets someone, or the person who would be taking me but yeah i just might make this one Very Happy so yeah, when is it again?
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Saturday September 19. Glad to hear your aboard Nightmare. If you're coming to practice today, talk with Oddvar. he lives just around the corner from you and Desert breeze park and is willing to come and talk to your mom.

I'm thinking we all just assemble at Desert Breeze park around 7am on Saturday 19th. Load up passengers and then head out. We can go down Sahara and get on the I15 heading towards Salt lake City. My concern is the amount of construction on I15, but traffic should be light enough that early in the morning, right???

I15 is straight to St. George. Isk said Nissen park is right off the Highway. I will print up some B & W maps (as I can't afford color ink for my printer at the moment) and distribute them either at next week's practice or on the morning of the 19Th.

I can see us bringing 10+ people if everyone is interested and Mom's and Dad's like Nightmare's say 'yes'. That's a hell of a show for a visiting Realm.
Back to top Go down
Oddvar

Oddvar

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Oh Yeah, it should be a great trip, Frogleg and I will come and talk to your mother.
Back to top Go down
Demie Zephyra

Demie Zephyra

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Well, my mom is still thinking about it.
But, if I am able to go, I might be able to give a few rides.

I'm not sure if they're letting me drive up, or if they want to drive me.
Luckily, I need practice with long trips for my Disney trip in October.
Oh, how I love logical thought.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Spock would approve, but then he would be beat down by a bunch of green, filthy Orcs (wreackreation nation, dagorhir) Nothing personal to all my Orc friends.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Just a helpful note...

Y'all might want to meet at 6:30am and take off about 7:00am. It's a Saturday and construction...Well. There's people coming into town and leaving town. This is sin city. So, yep, might want to have that half hour to get everyone packed, organized and seated before you head out. It'll give leeway for any mishaps with getting out of Vegas.

Also if Oddvar is using a pickup truck and that's what you're loading things into..If he doesn't have something to tie your longer weapons down, etc. There's a $99c Store down there off of Sahara I think it is. I can ask mom exactly where. But they sell those bungie (god I butcher that word) straps for like four for a dollar. They hold up really well and come in all sorts of lengths. We had to get them for when we had the blazer and made a trip to LA with bins, tarps, etc on top for the family reunion last year. You might want to pick up a couple regardless just in case. Cheap, and easy fix if rope or anything breaks or something looks like it needs strapped down. I'd let you take some of mine, but we wound up giving them away at our last garage sale when people bought furniture and needed it strapped in.

Anyhoo. Take pictures while you're up there guys.

Cheers.

- A
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:00 am

We are looking forward to this and can't wait to have you guys out. If you guys want, I say we go ahead and make a mini-event and finish off with a pizza feast at the end. We will plan the games and stuff for the day, but bring your orc-chasm tarps. My wife will most likely be taking pictures again.

Konrad, I wouldn't generalize too much about Belegarth from our little group. We are still young and while I don't care about garb at practices and don't enforce it, Ered Duath (Provo) can apparently be fairly uptight and several of the realms back east do things like not allowing you to call light if you aren't in garb. We always wear garb for events.

The directions on our site.
Here is the google map. Basically it's a right off the freeway, a left and then a right after the bridge and you're there.

And one final misunderstanding to clear up -- St. George is really only a couple of degrees cooler than Vegas. Don't come here looking for snow unless you've got some there. Cedar City, where there is a very small bel group, is only 45 minutes further north and they will have PLENTY of snow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:55 am

Thanks for the directions Isk. The feast sounds good to me. I'll bring it up on Saturday and check what time we all 'need' to be back in vegas.

I can't garb all my people. We don't have enough loaner garb and we are new as well. I'd say about half of us have garb. We could make a run on some thrift stores and see what kinda vintage clothing might pass. We'll see. If I had the money I'd throw into all the Realm endeavor's and make us look good.

I like the idea of the penalty for not wearing garb. Not something that discourages one from playing, but reminds one they should garb up. I like that, it rewards those that do, and reminds those that don't that they should.

I've been through St. George and it looks alot like Mesquite, which looks alot like Redrock canyon to the West of Las Vegas. A few degree's cooler would be fine. Snow, well, that's what Barrikade wants. We have snow at Mt. Charleston, only an hours drive away. But that's still a few months away before there is snow anywhere. Can't say I personally want to play in snow. Bad memories of slipping on snow constantly when we went up to the mountains and only had tennis shoes to wear. Mom put ziplock baggies on our shoes thinking that would help, but it didn't. First time I took a step and sunk up to my butt though. That might be interesting in a fight.

Cedar City is where the Shakespeare festival is, isn't it? You would think there would be more medieval minded folk in the area.

Glad you are looking forward to our invasion. It will be our turn to be outnumbered. hehehe. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St George Road Trip, anyone?   St George Road Trip, anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St George Road Trip, anyone?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next