Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

W.O.R War of Reckoning.

Go down 
+14
caretaker
Demie Zephyra
nightmare92
Hxctemplar
Sarabi
sasquatch
barrikaide
Knubbs
edgar dernhelm
semtater
Isk
Alacian
Surt
konradr
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anyone interested in going to W.O.R.
Yes
W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_lcap83%W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 5 ]
no
W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_lcap0%W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
maybe
W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_lcap17%W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

W.O.R  War of Reckoning. Empty
PostSubject: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 pm

Actually I did like 'War of Wreackoning' better, but hey, its An Tir Dearg's event (St. George).

It's a weekend event, it's close to us, and should have lots of folks from North Utah, Idaho, and the likes out for play. I would like to go and test our mettle. I, personally, can not camp there, but any of you are welcome to do so. They will have an Indian style feast and tentatively have a belly dancing troupe for the nights entertainment.

I am only planning a day trip. Leaving Odarkthirty in the morning on Saturday, fighting and returning home no later than say 11:00PM Las Vegas time. I will be taking the Van, I have room for me + 6.

The cost for the event is $15. That would be kinda steep for a day event, but if you want to camp you could go Friday or stay the night Saturday and come home Sunday. Bring tents if you want to camp, and warm cloths and sleeping bags or fleece or wool blankies as it will be nippy at night. The temperature during the day should be the same as here at home, like 50's or 60's.

The site is BLM land and is soft sand where we will fight (red sand by the looks of the pics). They are building walls with archer towers and will be holding team tourneys.

Everyone will recieve a token for the event.

I want to go to be neighborly plus meet other folks we haven't fought against before. And also to get an idea of how an event is. In the future we will be hosting our own event, possibly at mount charleston, a weekend campout event yet to be named or planned out.

Their event is from noon on Friday february 5th through to Sunday February 7th. Those of you interested in going, save some money for the event fee, gas and munchies. Let me know who all are interested and if you need a ride or can provide a ride.

I know Surt is interested in going, but he is temporarily out of internet contact.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:35 pm

i definitley want to go.
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:22 pm

I would like to go. So, would my brother. We would need a ride. I would give you gas money if we could ride with you Konrad (since mom will only let us go if it's with you). We'd just be going for the day event, Konrad. I should be able to go barring any unforseen circumstances with the police department (officially has a mentor and training program Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 am

Just to chime in, we have had a lot of positive response and should have a good turnout. If you can come Friday, there will be fighting Friday afternoon as well. I think you guys will have an awesome time if you can make it over and we would really like to spar with you guys again.

Regarding the steepness of the event fee, unless a huge number of people turn out, this really just covers our costs and includes the meal Saturday night. Most weekend events run more to $20 or $25, but we aren't trying to make a buck here.

And Konradr, they decided against War of Wreckoning since it would abbreviate to WoW and they just didn't want to be the Warcraft event. I was pretty torn personally between WoR and WoW, but the realm leadership voted and we are holding a WoR!
Back to top Go down
http://www.antirdearg.com
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:51 am

It will be awesome!

The sand is really soft for fighting in and I enjoy it even better than grass.

There will be laser-etched tokens given out at registration as a keepsake for each fighter.

There will be CASTLE BATTLES!! with archer towers and two-sided capture the flag amongst said castles.

The price isn't too bad and it's worth it for fighting with at least fifty other warriors from realms across the western U.S.

It'll be epic cause we are just going to have fun as sister realms coming together to fight once again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:41 am

Soft sand. I get to fight barefooted. My god I love you guys. I'll be the happiest fighter ever.

It sounds like it will be a blast. Thanks for inviting us.
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:50 am

dude a van man thats awesome...........oh ya i forgot id totaly like to go man.....what oh daves not here man..........so ya anyways if you can fit me in the van that would be awesome Smile or if anyone else thats goin has room in there car thated be awesome dude.......man a van......i need some food where my damn twinkies Razz lol!

Last edited by edgar dernhelm on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Oops, I wanted to see how the voting was, and I accidentally closed it. Sorry. Keep letting me know here. Just like the last trip we planned. Let's here who wants to go and who has a car and is willing to take people.

The van is a Kia Edgar, and is small. You of course are welcome, but it will be a cozy ride there and back.

To Isk: What is your tentative schedule for Saturday, or is it posted on your website? When is weapon's check, what is the schedule for fighting? breaks? When does the feast start?

Konradr
Back to top Go down
semtater

semtater

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:01 am

konradr wrote:
To Isk: What is your tentative schedule for Saturday, or is it posted on your website? When is weapon's check, what is the schedule for fighting? breaks? When does the feast start?

BREAKS?!?!!??! Shocked

Haha. We're a Belegarth realm. There probably won't be scheduled breaks. Those that get tired or need water can sit out for a round or two while the masses continue fighting.

Even during meal-times, when most everyone's out eating, there will probably be some form of fighting on the battlefield. Even if it's just sparring or chaos teams.

Last edited by semtater on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add a word)
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Friday fighting can start as early as noon and go till dark.

Saturday weapon's check starts at 8am and closes at 10, but if you get there late we'll check you in ad hoc. Fighting starts as soon as people walk to the field ~9-9:30, but at 10 we will organize for attack and defend until 11:30 when we'll have the four horseman tourney. Non-participants can fight on the side, get lunch, watch or help herald the tourneys. After the tourneys and a brief break for lunch there will be castle CTF and then relic battles until dinner time. Should be pretty epic. You are responsible for pacing yourself for breaks.

@Alacian: Please wear shoes! I shudder at the thought of playing this game without shoes when others will be tromping on you in heavy boots. The field itself is very clean and has only a few small sticks and things here and there, but there are some sagebrush around the perimeter that would not be fun to step on.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Thank you Isk.

I will print out the event waivers and bring them to practices for anyone interested in going. There are two waivers, one is for 18 and over. The other is for anyone under 18. You will have to get your parents to sign and notarize the waivers. Anyone under 18 make sure I get you one in plenty of time before the event.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Alacian

Alacian

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:53 am

Isk wrote:

@Alacian: Please wear shoes! I shudder at the thought of playing this game without shoes when others will be tromping on you in heavy boots. The field itself is very clean and has only a few small sticks and things here and there, but there are some sagebrush around the perimeter that would not be fun to step on.

Eek! Will do, Isk. I wear shoes to practice anyhow, and determine from there whether I go barefooted. But I didn't think about the number and size of everyone else that will be there. I'll be sure to bring good boots.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm

14 days to War of Reckoning in St. George. $15 dollar fee (if this changes I will let you know) plus maybe $5 for gas. We can bring snacks, lunch, and lots of drinks as there is no water on site. We will leave at 6am our time and arrive roughly 9am their time which will be weapon's check and pick up fights. Bring blanket's, folding chairs, whatever for a 'day camp'. I'm thinking of bringing a small camp stove, but if anyone has one of those small propane camp stoves that would be good for cooking lunch.

When it gets dark they will have their feast. We will stay for that. I'm not sure if we need feast gear (mug, plate, spork, etc) or if they will provide.

Wear Garb. It is a Official event. They will be wearing their finest. Bring a change of clothing for the night drive home.

I will bring waivers for everyone no later than 'Althing'. If you are still wanting to go, holler at me.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
Isk

Isk

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 pm

Price will NOT change, so $15 it is. There will be paper plates/plasticware, but bringing your own feast gear is strongly encouraged.
Back to top Go down
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:13 am

We should definitely go over this on saturday!!!
Back to top Go down
barrikaide

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 3:46 pm

wont let me do the vote thing so i will just post here.

No.
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:42 am

Okay so the talley on cars making the trip so far is a definate 3. My van with seat for 6 souls plus myself. Strider's car, with seats for 4 others (including demie who has volunteered to be strider's designated co-driver) and Knubbs with his car, which sounded small so I guess room for 3 more??? (The three new kids today said they would like to go and drive their car, but they are new, so I don't know about that yet.)

Those expressing an interest in going so far, are myself, Surt, Demie, Strider, knubbs, Taco, akeria, Alacian, Anthony, Nightmare, Romeo and Oddvar. Anyone else? Oh, and the Last Samurai!!!

I can throw gear on the top of the van. I had hoped Smithy would make the trip with his truck, but alas, we shall have to make this trip without him.

For all those who expressed an interest, we will discuss it more next practice and I will bring waivers. For those of you under 18 you will have to get your parents to notorize them.

Talk more on the matter later. Have a good week.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:43 am

This Saturday I will bring some of the waivers for this event. I have printed some of the Minor ones and the adult ones. If you are still wanting to go, see me. I will give you one. Minors will have to have there parents notorize the waiver or they will not be allowed to fight. Any parent wishing to talk to me may do so by calling or PM me would be better.

Konradr

Last edited by konradr on Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 am

Sad im sad you forgot that im interested in goin Sad please dont leave out poor edgar Sad Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Updated. Don't be sad, I just can't remember things like I use to and I have lots on my mind everyweek. Got to keep on me!

Konradr
Back to top Go down
edgar dernhelm

edgar dernhelm

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Razz yea its cool just wanna make sure you got the correct count Razz
Back to top Go down
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:44 am

Okay, that's 13, Oddvar has said he wants to go. Now check my counting, that's 13. 7 squeezed into my Kia, 5 in Strider's car and 1 in Knubbs car.

As far as the 'Daytrip' people, that's all my van and Strider's car can take. Knubbs said he wants to spend the night, so if anyone else goes, we'll need another vehicle doing a Saturday only, or they can ride with Knubbs and spend the night.

Remember, $15.00 for the event. As a group, we'll need snacks, lunch stuff (sandwhich making supplies?) and lots of water and drinks. There is no running water out there and I don't want to see anyone doing a bear Gillis! (Man vs. Wild y'know, unzip, put it in the canteen, pppppppsssssttt, drink up, Yuck!)

We should bring enough weapons so that we have a back up or two should something fail or brake. I don't want to borrow other realms stuff and vice versa.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
sasquatch

sasquatch

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:55 pm

i want to go also but i'll go wiyh knubbs and stay the night if it is kool with him
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kookiecrazy
Knubbs

Knubbs

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:54 am

Im thinking i might have to day trip it as well.....
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:09 am

make sure you remember that taco is going!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.O.R War of Reckoning.   W.O.R  War of Reckoning. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.O.R War of Reckoning.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next