Barad'Dun The Western Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barad'Dun The Western Tower

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  WebpageWebpage  Log inLog in  

Obstacle course for fun and training...

Go down 
+2
Surt
konradr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
konradr

konradr

Obstacle course for fun and training... Empty
PostSubject: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 am

We should have some kind of obstacle course set up for training one day. Something to run through on a timer. Something that has physical obstacles to climb over, crawl through, jump over, test balance, etc, as well as targets that you have to hit properly.

Like the good ol' bayonet course in the Army. You are timed. You run, yell, climb walls, jump things, crawl under barbed wire. A machine gun is fired at you (we could have archers). You have several targets that are tires. The targets have a red spot painted on them that you are suppose to attack with a certain type of attack.

I guess tires on the ground (football style) some 2 x 4's for balance beams, some rope for gaps to be jumped and maybe some ropes strung up about a foot high for crawling under could do.

We could use live people for targets.

Anyone ever see the movie "First Knight" with Richard Gere and Sean Connery? Check out the obstacle course the guy has to run through. Cool. Medieval like contraptions.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Surt

Surt

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:16 am

i love obstacle courses!
Back to top Go down
https://baraddun.forumotion.net
Strider

Strider

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: lolololololololololol roflcopterswaswaswa

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:51 am

Surt wrote:
i love obstacle courses!

Like a kid in a candy shop.
Back to top Go down
Phoxly

Phoxly

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 pm

If its below 103 degrees I'll do it Wink
Back to top Go down
Smithy
Admin
Smithy

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 am

I know a few people at Ft Irwin. I'll make a few calls and see if the E-4 mafia can't hook us up with using the course there. Keep in mind its like 3 hours away but if you want the real thing it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sarabi

Sarabi

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm

when me and josh were in charge of our high school realm we took them to the Utah ropes course that they had. and it helped them with there teamwork and there trust in each other and watching each others back. but i remember doing obstacle courses when i was in elementary school and they were so much fun!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1336161982
konradr

konradr

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Last time I was at Ft. Irwin was in 1985. They still have russians there or are they Afghan's now? I don't remember an obstacle course, only the heat, the mirage's and the damn ruskies attacking at dawn.

Konradr
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/nv/jazzviking/whatisa.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obstacle course for fun and training...   Obstacle course for fun and training... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obstacle course for fun and training...
Page 1 of 1